Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 Guineas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardross View Post
    The only debacle was that Encke was trained by a doper.
    At one time I wanted to rant about this as my initial reaction was that we'd been robbed of a Triple Crown Winner.

After I sat back and thought about it I wondered whether Encke was just the Ben Johnson of the sport.

In the 100 metre sprint at the Seoul Olympics in 1988 Every single runner tested positive for banned substances.

Only Johnson was punished.

The thought also struck me when I saw Aussie Sprinters at Royal Ascot, Wes Ward 2yo's when they first turned up and also when I watched Arnold Schawarzahorsey win the Run for the roses last night. Bar him breathing fire I'm not sure what else could be done to alert the authorities.

Perhaps I'm just cynical but where there is huge amounts of money involved corruption and cheating usually go hand in hand.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Would agree with Archie that Even money is laughable but Saxon Warrior does look a very nice horse. I can't for the life of me figure why he was so weak in the betting earlier in the week which is what put me off.

I was on Expert eye but also fancied Gustav Klimt to go close. I think the only thing I'd say about that is I'd now be campaigning Expert eye as a 6F sprinter.

Elqarm really got upset in the stalls so you'd think he's capable of better if handling the prelims better next time. I think he'd beat Tip to win last year quite easily off the top of my head so maybe without getting himself all worked up he'd have gone close.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Guineas form overall is rubbish but that winner will probably turn out to be a very good horse over further.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    You're probably spot on, Danny. I know for sure that the US trainer is known as "needle happy" as friends who work over there said it's common knowledge. Where huge sums of money are involved there will always be cheating and people one step ahead of the testers. Id guarantee there are practices going on in UK yards that shouldn't be and so far have gone undetected.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Danny (6th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Id guarantee there are practices going on in UK yards that shouldn't be and so far have gone undetected.
    I've suspected as much myself for long enough.

But surely a whistleblower will emerge from one of these yards?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Doesn't pay to laugh at Aiden O'Brien Archie.........the whole damn family seems to be gifted
    Archie 1 Aida​n 0
    Last edited by archie; 2nd June 2018 at 7:01 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Financially I got a proper kicking today.I think the last good result I got at Epsom was Nashwan.
    Last edited by LUKE; 2nd June 2018 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Archie 1 Aida​n 0
    Glad your happy Archie but you can"t put that down to anything other than what I suggested beforehand. Not a AOB superstar not a great 2000 guineas and now we have a d
    Very ordinary Derby to contend with.....Damn shame Enable is missing as shed mop the floor with anything around at the moment
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    I'm not happy (or sad) but I'm confident that he lost for the reason that I suggested in not handling the track. He didn't look well balanced at Newmarket and that's why I said his price after the Guineas was laughable.
    The older I get the better I was.