seems to have been quickly sorted

https://www.theirishfield.ie/racing-...zJkX2k.twitter

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRB For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (17th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    He said, she said

A lot of politics involved up there for sure
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    What does Arlene Foster say? Got her grubby mitts in everything else.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    It sounds like the tenants are trying to put manners on their new landlord. I hope they succeed.

Thanks
    Reading between the lines of Brian O'Connor's latest blog the situation concerning Down Royal looks messy, with a complete breakdown of relations between the racecourse management company and their landlord.

Part of the interest in the site 13 years ago was the plan to make a cultural centre out of the Maze/Long Kesh (!) and a new all-purpose stadium, just down the road. But those plans have fallen through and the landlord probably isn't doing very well out of his investment. Unless he can get permission to build on the site, which doesn't seem very likely (or am I being naive?), he might think his best hope of a better return is to frighten enough racing people into putting up the funds to buy him out.

https://www.irishracing.com/blog-ite...nt&prid=194893

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Reading between the lines of Brian O'Connor's latest blog the situation concerning Down Royal looks messy, with a complete breakdown of relations between the racecourse management company and their landlord.

Part of the interest in the site 13 years ago was the plan to make a cultural centre out of the Maze/Long Kesh (!) and a new all-purpose stadium, just down the road. But those plans have fallen through and the landlord probably isn't doing very well out of his investment. Unless he can get permission to build on the site, which doesn't seem very likely (or am I being naive?), he might think his best hope of a better return is to frighten enough racing people into putting up the funds to buy him out.

https://www.irishracing.com/blog-ite...nt&prid=194893

Very surprising to see the folks in the Six Counties not getting along. Let's hope it all works out.

I once owned a quarter of a bumper horse (incl Trainer and Head Lad) who made his debut at the track. Finished tailed off last, never ran (breathed?) again, had an unfortunate accident on the gallops the week after and couldn't be saved. So I associate the track with disappointment, misery and financial penury and am finding it hard to care too much.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Some of us have different memories of Down Royal , it's obvious you're confusing it with Killarney:

http://www.attheraces.com/form/horse...eat/GB/2516137
    Last edited by Grey; 25th October 2018 at 11:20 AM.