Thread: Accounts

Thanks

Accounts

I hold a few accounts with the main firms Hills, Laddies, Corals, Betfair, Boylesports, Chandlers and the like.

Whenever I look across oddschecker there are so many firms now and a lot I wouldn't touch because I simply have never heard of them. When I dabbled on twitter for a while I would hear a lot of people having problems with new accounts with such firms and having all sorts of problems getting their money out.

I was wondering not so much the ones to avoid as I've been avoiding them all for quite a few years now but are there any of these lesser known firms that A) will lay a half decent bet and B) don't give you any problems when it comes to withdrawing money. Who's worth opening an account with ?

Any feedback appreciated.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,734 Posts
    I had a lot of problems with 888 not long ago when I tried to empty my account and withdraw the not inconsiderable balance I had lying about in it.

I'm a technological troglodyte so had no idea how to follow their demands for uploading photo ID etc. It's the only firm that has ever asked me for that kind of detail so the same issues might be waiting for me when/if I go to close other accounts. 888 still haven't closed my account either but I did eventually get my money withdrawn after contacting their UK top man. Their customer service people are awful to try and communicate with. They have a line they keep repeating regardless of how you word your question. I think the support centre is based in the far east/Asia.

Betfair (bookie rather than exchange) limit me to pennies.

Coral sometimes refer me to a trader.

Spoylesports won't take a bet off me.

PPower limits me to very small amounts.

Chandlers won't allow me any guarantees.

My Betbright account is still open but I don't use it. Can't put my finger on it but there's something about them I can't trust.

Like you, most of the rest I wouldn't use as I don't know if they can be trusted either. I suspect a lot of them will be like 888.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Danny (9th April 2018)

Thanks
    Do you mostly use exchanges now Des. I'm thinking about making the switch I do bits and bobs on there but not much.

I can't get on with Skybet,Hills are bad Paddy power gone.

I'm not too bad with some others but rarely used them most my stuff is with 365 and in all honesty I had a long losing history with them for a few years which I think has helped keep it open when I've been doing alright recently. Plus I do a lot of muggy Forecasts,tricast and multi's with them so I presume that helps as well.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,734 Posts
    As you know, I really only bet on Saturdays and at festival meetings and 99% of the time I'm backing my own judgment rather than following the likes of Timeform or Pricewise.

90% of my bets are made between 10am and 11am as that's when some guarantees kick in. I might back something between 5pm and 9pm on a Friday if I anticipate a widespread drop in price.

Bet365 have never stopped or limited me and I am literally thousands of pounds in front with them, several times any profit with any other firm bar one, Stan James, which I emptied of the four-figure balance when they became Unibet as I didn't know enough about the new firm. I knew I could withdraw money from SJ without question as I'd withdrawn decent chunks down the years to pay for holidays etc.

I still have ante-post bets with Unibet/SJ (eg September at 20/1 for the Oaks) so hope they don't give me any hassle should she win.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I've got 15 accounts including two exchange ones. Have had no problems at all (though am restricted at Betfair Sports and Coral)

I withdrew balance from 888 when there were rumblings on here but they paid straight away.

I have no problems getting on (aside from Coral and Betfair as mentioned above)

but then again I never put more than £40 on a single bet with one firm, I always spread it round.

The only problems I foresee is when a double goes in (that's what got me restricted at Coral)

Matchbook are worth going with given their low commission rate, I've been using them lots recently.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 15th April 2018 at 10:33 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

Danny (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 734 Posts
    What's liquidity like on Matchbook euro?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    It's not bad, I've been mildly surprised.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 734 Posts
    Cheers. There pod is a tough listen
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    WH have changed their BOG rules again as of the start of this month, it's not that long since they changed it to from 12:00am on the day of the race. I don't get many winners that have drifted so I didn't notice straight away.

"
    B.O.G. will be available on bets placed from 10:00am on the day of the race. Any bet placed before then will be settled at the price taken, or SP if no price was taken at the time.
    The maximum a customer can benefit from B.O.G. will be a total of £25,000 per day across all bets.
    Full terms and conditions apply.
    "

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pawras For This Useful Post: