Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nah I'm feeling the opposite to be fair. Once something lets me down like that I try not think 'they're due', and don't follow them off a cliff! Until I see Mukalal put in a good run I wouldn't think of having a proper bet on him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    But I wouldn't put you off mate, if you fancy it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Horses that finish nearly stone last rarely come out two weeks later and win a race like this, but anything is possible...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    But I wouldn't put you off mate, if you fancy it.
    I have to have a pound ew at 33s.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good luck...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Horses that finish nearly stone last rarely come out two weeks later and win a race like this, but anything is possible...
    I don't have any stats to hand but I reckon plenty do.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Ive been at it again. Done one for the skybet dash at york on saturday over 6f.
    EAST STREET REVUE 25/1.
    Done most of his running over 5f but possibly his best two runs have been over 6f at newmarket.4th both times but in good races and in one of them he lost 2 places late on and although 4th he was only btn a lenngth.
    When its stablemate copper knight won last time he stayed on well for 5th over 5.
    Easterby has a couple of others in it so its not certain to run,but 25/1 was too tempting.

When i watch races i look for eyecatchers and BOY IN THE BAR caught my eye and i thought hes close to getting back to winning.
    I looked at his last 3 runs and i cant really see why he caught my eye. Mmmm
    I tend to get excited with somee horses and get a bit over confident.and if anyone thinks im arrogant im certainly not.
    But i love my horse racing and my way of going about it.
    This East Street Revue is getting me excited.hes out of pastorial pursuits the same as last years winner flying pursuits and also another good sprinter perfect pastures.
    So although hes raced mainly over 5 he should be better over 6 and softish ground shouldnt be a problem.
    There didnt look a lot in the draw today but i would have preferred a lower draw.
    Skybet are paying 6 places.
    Last edited by Outsider; 27th July 2018 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In the gigaset ive stuck to FIRMAMENT and i think 20/1 6 places for Via serendipity is good value.im sure there is more improvement to come from him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I've ended having a score each way on Mukalal..maybe he can surprise.

Thanks
    Flaming Spear wasn't off an inch there. I presume Goodwood is the target?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Vale Of Kent 47 on the list for The Golden Mile...might not make the cut? Also entered in a 7 F race on Wednesday...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Flaming Spear who got worked up something terrible beforehand refused to settle during the race was never travelling got stopped in a 100k to the winner race

Fuckin idiot
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    Robert Winston, the rider of FLAMING SPEAR (IRE), was slow to remove the blindfold. Winston explained that he intentionally delayed the removal of the blind to ensure the gelding drops in and settles. On previous occasions when the blind has been removed in a more timely manner, FLAMING SPEAR (IRE) had broken on terms and raced too keenly. His explanation was noted.
    Last edited by reet hard; 29th July 2018 at 4:04 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (29th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for that, reet. It would suggest the run caught the stewards' eye too. I don't recall the horse being reluctant to enter the stalls before but I'm not sure I've backed it before either! I didn't notice the blindfold issue at the time either nor that the horse was unduly slowly away, unlike Crack On Crack On in the previous race. I just felt the jockey was going through the motions of making an effort after seemingly travelling well. My immediate thoughts (still over a furlong out) were the Golden Mile but I see he's not in it. He's in the Stewards' Cup, though.

There's also the £250k race back here in October. Bigger prize and smaller field (course narrowed for the meeting) so maybe an easier target. I don't see the RP normally and only just this morning noticed there had been an item about FS not running if the ground was too fast. That hadn't even entered my head as he'd 'won' his race in the Hunt Cup on fast ground but I now see he's been withdrawn twice when the ground has been fast.

I also noted Chapman saying shortly before the off that he wasn't sure the money for FS was Bloom's. The brother was on the phone to me immediately after the race to say he'd noted it too and interpreted it as Chapman telling us it definitely wasn't Bloom's money.

So maybe the horse really just wasn't letting itself down on the ground and maybe there's an element of pocket-talking in my reading of the run but I had FS at 17/2 in a treble with Crack On Crack On (15/2) and Flying Pursuit (11/1) and having missed out on my coveted Jaguar on Friday when Austrian School couldn't win his race I was feeling I'd missed out again a wee bit unfairly.

I don't feel I'm inclined to talk through my pocket after 50 years at this game. My biggest single bet yesterday was Kimifive who, I felt, ran his race only to be held at bay by another improver. I have no issues whatsoever with that defeat. I shrug my shoulders and move on even in the knowledge that he was the anchor leg of a fourfold that could have paid for a Jaguar for both me and Mrs O.

I just didn't like what I was seeing with Flaming Spear
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 29th July 2018 at 7:18 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There's no question you were talking through a hole in something. Not sure it was your pocket

The day the Challenge Cup at Ascot turns out a small field there will be a blue moon in the sky....Dean won it 2 years ago and there was about 16 to 20 runners in it and last year was about the same.

Also Flaming ran like a pig in it last year don't know why this year should be any different. He has a mind of his own and flatters to deceive more often than not.

BTW he was 1000 on the machine if you wanted to lay him 4 minutes before the off....how anyone could have missed his antics that were watching is beyond me.

Almost as bad as someone saying he was stopped
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Vale Of Kent declared for a 7 furlong race at Goodwood on Wednesday. I can only hope they declare him for The Golden Mile and try to take in both races.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    YORK EBOR HANDICAP - This is another prestigious handicap race which I've had a provisional look through. I'll just cut to the chase and put forward the horse I believe can get there to run well on the day. TEODORO looks to still be improving: He's trained by Tom Dascombe, has slowly worked his way up the handicapping ranks, and ran creditably in fourth place when 3/1 favourite at Haydock the last day. This was his first real attempt at top handicap level so it was no disgrace to finish fourth. His overall profile shows he can win at different distances and can win from varying race positions too, when being held up or alternatively racing prominently. These attributes put him in good shape for a crack at The Ebor. He didn't have the turn of foot in the closing stages, (over 1M4F), but my feeling is that he'll improve for a stronger pace and the step up to 1M6F.

So there you have it - The York Ebor winner in three weeks, currently available at a pony 25/1!

I'll be having a few coins on in the next week or so.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th August 2018 at 2:30 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (5th August 2018), Outsider (5th August 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Excellent thread but could someone please correct the spelling in the thread title.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

Danny (6th August 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'll message Colin and admin to get it changed a.s.a.p., Col.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th August 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Ive done a 25p ew yankee so itdoesnt really matter if they dont run

Via serendipity gigaset placed
    Vale of kent golden mile
    Coosmelli ebor
    Gifted master stewards cup id love him to run but i think hes rated 111 or something stupid like that.
    winner

A winner and a place so far,pity about vale of kent,but he made up for it.come on cosmellli