Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1398

Thread: Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

  1. #1281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 655 Times in 482 Posts
    I never seem to catch the Johnston horses right but West End Charmer is too big @ 16s 5 Places in the Wolferton

    As long as they donít overdo the watering tomorrow heíll get his favoured ground and from the inside draw Fanning can get him prominent as Buick did in the Duke of Edinburgh here a couple of years back when the combination of 12f and soft ground saw him give way late on.

    This track can suit front runners and the drop back in trip on quick ground from stall 2 will be perfect. He was given far too much to do last time behind Majestic Dawn, as they all were.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 12th June 2022 at 5:47 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

  2. #1282
    Senior Member Desert Orchid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    20,358
    Thanks
    2,232
    Thanked 2,808 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Britannia - Whoputfiftyinyou 8/1 - won the Haydock race in which Mighty Ulysses was second and Outgate five lengths away in third. I thought Outgate would have been involved in the finish but for running out of room and he franked the form in style on Saturday in a £100k handicap, never looking in danger. I seriously fancy Mighty Ulysses to go close in the SJP on Tuesday and, if he does, there's no way WPFIY will be 8/1 for this. In summary, I'm really just putting my money where my mouth is but nowhere near as heavily stakes-wise as with Outgate yesterday. Too many imponderables with the draw and pace at Ascot, before we even start on about watering...
    Never stop looking for what's not there.

  3. #1283
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    4,625
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 807 Times in 521 Posts
    The one I took out of the race for the Arc was Al Hakeem. He's highly regarded and we won't see the best of him until he's stepped up to a mile and half.

  4. #1284
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    Sense of Duty is a bet at 10/3 in the Chipchase this Saturday. She beat Flotus and Benefit in the Cecil Frail at Haydock last month and both those fillies have franked the form since. I'd fear Harry Three obviously but I'm not convinced Ebro River has trained on and Edraak is clearly held on Benefit's Salisbury win.

  5. #1285
    Senior Member Desert Orchid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    20,358
    Thanks
    2,232
    Thanked 2,808 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Arc - Tuesday 16/1 - I can accept that Emily Upjohn (8/1) was the moral winner of the Oaks and I can see her running as well as did Taghrooda, who was 9/2f when a good third to Treve, come October but I reckon by then there is every chance Tuesday will have improved past her. The Gosden filly is fully three months older than Tuesday. By October the maturity gap should have narrowed (based on the wfa scale) a wee bit and I think the price difference is too much. There's a long summer ahead and a lot of water to flow under a lot of bridges but I think these are two good fillies who might not have a strong older contingent to worry about.
    Tuesday's supplementation for the Irish Derby has prompted me to go in again at 16/1 for the Arc. I presume they believe they really only have Westover to beat and I suspect the latter had a harder race in the Derby plus he's the one who now needs to travel. It also hints at a change of plan. Were she to win the Irish Derby they could put her by for a September prep ahead of peaking in October but in any event if she were to win on Saturday she'll be 5/1 tops.
    Never stop looking for what's not there.

  6. #1286
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    A lot of races priced up now, July meeting and Goodwood. Taken some prices:


    Yonafis 10f h/cap at the July Meeting on the Friday. Ran well from the wrong side in the Britannia, bred to improve for a step up in trip (by Golden Horn). He's also in the John Smith's but as a 92 rated 3yo he aint getting in that - 20/1

    Star of Orion also 20s in the International on KG day.

    Lusail 8/1 Lennox. Aldaary heads the market but he's needs soft ground. The older horses are beatable.

  7. #1287
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    The Lancashire Oaks has attacted some interesting entries. I remember Viola the James Fanshawe mare from the last day. She finished like a train but this is a step up in class. Maybe the current price of 14/1 mitigates this though. I'm not sure?

    I will be following my tracker Inchicore if declared for The Old Newton Cup. She has a big handicap in her now.

    Alenquer to go very close in the Eclipse.
    Last edited by Marb; 27th June 2022 at 6:40 PM.

  8. #1288
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    The Lancashire Oaks has attacted some interesting entries. I remember Viola the James Fanshawe mare from the last day. She finished like a train but this is a step up in class. Maybe the current price of 14/1 mitigates this though. I'm not sure?
    It's a really good race. Viola is backable as are the filly that beat her last time and Stay Alert who has two really good pieces of form. At the head of the market you have Free Wind who is a very good filly but this is first time out and that imo makes her opposable. The Varian filly was poor in the John Porter, maybe she hasn't trained on? Alpinista I don't think will run. Kawida is priced similar to Stay Alert which is wrong and Lilac Road carries a penalty...also a questionable stayer.

    Stay Alert 9/1 is the bet.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 29th June 2022 at 12:36 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

    Marb (29th June 2022)

  10. #1289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    Will have to follow Euro in on Stay Alert.

  11. #1290
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    There's cut in the ground at Haydock and it could stay that way for Saturday.

    Sandown

    1.50 - This looks an open Group 3 and various cases could be made for several horses. The one I have just sided with on the basis of the possible improvement trajectory is Nymphadora.

    She won early as a two year old in a listed race but didn't really do a great deal on the track since then. She's had just two starts this season. The improvement from her first run to second run at Royal Ascot was substantial.

    She was second in a valuable showcase handicap against a real big improver or 'job horse' as I think some would put it. While she needs to improve again, I feel there's every chance she will do so.

    2.25 Tahitian Prince never did much as a two or three year old, but after being gelded, he really showed his true worth as a four year old, when winning four races last season from seven starts.

    He has only been on the track a couple of times this season, not running his best races, but Richard Hannon has given him a nice break of about six weeks, so at double figure odds off an exploitable handicap mark in the high 80's, I will give Tahitian Prince another chance.

    3.00 Heredia Heredia Heredia! She brings top class handicap form to the table. I will be backing her at odds against.

    3.35 I am happy to take on the field with Alenquer. I reckon it will take a very good one to beat him. He is actually value odds at 7/1 or thereabouts.

    Haydock

    2.05 The Mark Prescott horse Sea King at the top of the handicap is interesting, but I'll take a chance that Percy Jones will go close. His ran respectably in second place the last day and must be showing Hughie Morrison something good at home to step him up in class like this. I feel he'll run well.

    2.40 I've followed Euro in with Stay Alert. She has excellent form. I like the fact she has won on ground with cut in it.

    3.15 Gaassee I backed the last day but not for me at the likely price. I am taking a chance that Alan King has Inchicore E/W in some good form. I think she missed the cut in one of the handicaps at Royal Ascot. She's the type I can see Alan King doing well with and a bit of an insult of a price at 16/1. I can't not back her at these odds.

    Fingers crossed and good luck all for Saturday.
    Last edited by Marb; 1st July 2022 at 1:57 PM.

  12. #1291
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    There's cut in the ground at Haydock and it could stay that way for Saturday.

    Sandown

    1.50 - This looks an open Group 3 and various cases could be made for several horses. The one I have just sided with on the basis of the possible improvement trajectory is Nymphadora.

    She won early as a two year old in a listed race but didn't really do a great deal on the track since then. She's had just two starts this season. The improvement from her first run to second run at Royal Ascot was substantial.

    She was second in a valuable showcase handicap against a real big improver or 'job horse' as I think some would put it. While she needs to improve again, I feel there's every chance she will do so.

    2.25 Tahitian Prince never did much as a two or three year old, but after being gelded, he really showed his true worth as a four year old, when winning four races last season from seven starts.

    He has only been on the track a couple of times this season, not running his best races, but Richard Hannon has given him a nice break of about six weeks, so at double figure odds off an exploitable handicap mark in the high 80's, I will give Tahitian Prince another chance.

    3.00 Heredia Heredia Heredia! She brings top class handicap form to the table. I will be backing her at odds against.

    3.35 I am happy to take on the field with Alenquer. I reckon it will take a very good one to beat him. He is actually value odds at 7/1 or thereabouts.

    Haydock

    2.05 The Mark Prescott horse Sea King at the top of the handicap is interesting, but I'll take a chance that Percy Jones will go close. His ran respectably in second place the last day and must be showing Hughie Morrison something good at home to step him up in class like this. I feel he'll run well.

    2.40 I've followed Euro in with Stay Alert. She has excellent form. I like the fact she has won on ground with cut in it.

    3.15 Gaassee I backed the last day but not for me at the likely price. I am taking a chance that Alan King has Inchicore E/W in some good form. I think she missed the cut in one of the handicaps at Royal Ascot. She's the type I can see Alan King doing well with and a bit of an insult of a price at 16/1. I can't not back her at these odds.

    Fingers crossed and good luck all for Saturday.
    Interesting quote from Alan King about Inchicore's potential to win a big handicap but only on rain softened ground.

    She'll get this tomorrow at Haydock. I know the favourite will be many people's certainty of the day and this could well transpire but I will be disappointed if Inchicore can't at least grab a place.

    She stays further than 1M4F so I wouldn't want her too far back early on. She needs to be half a dozen lengths off the leaders and no worse than midfield in terms of race position.
    Last edited by Marb; 1st July 2022 at 10:09 PM.

  13. #1292
    Senior Member Tanlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    9,361
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 498 Times in 436 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm on a back to lay venture today. Vadeni I have backed at 8/1.

    If he wins the Eclipse and wins it well going away his odds will be halved for the Arc.

    All being well I will take my stake back out and have a bet to nothing.

    Richard Hannon's Herdia was backed last night like money had gone out of fashion
    Sorry Marb but can't see us getting a sniff ar evens now as the opposition amounts to very little.


    Silvestre De Sousa comes in for the ride on Tippy Toes 8.8 EW who ran really well last time under the circumstances, Could go close

    Checkandchallenge 4.9 will find things easier in this grade and is worth another chance

    I've gone in heavily AP already on Vadini Maybe a bit too heavy as I may have under estimated Native Trail

    Silvestre De Sousa takes the ride on Aldhaja 9.2 EW in a wide open race

    Picual Ryan Moore 2.8 is worth a large bet but I'll hang back and see how others run first

    If you haven't craked it by the last race do yourself a favour, log off buy a 6 pack while you have some money left
    Last edited by Tanlic; 2nd July 2022 at 9:15 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (2nd July 2022)

  15. #1293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    I would be sweet on Sibila Spain in the Falmouth if, (and it's a big if) Inspiral wasn't in the field.

    I suppose 20/1 is an each way price still. I'd have Sibila as best of the rest for this race anyway.

    See how firm the ground gets.

    As according to that judge Tanlic Sibila won't act on good to firm..
    Last edited by Marb; 3rd July 2022 at 11:53 AM.

  16. #1294
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,248
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 924 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    I would be sweet on Sibila Spain in the Falmouth if, (and it's a big if) Inspiral wasn't in the field.

    I suppose 20/1 is an each way price still. I'd have Sibila as best of the rest for this race anyway.

    See how firm the ground gets.

    As according to that judge Tanlic Sibila won't act on good to firm..
    Final decs for this should come through tomorrow.

    Hoping for at least 8 runners both for the each way terms and to keep Sibila's price fair..
    Last edited by Marb; 5th July 2022 at 12:37 PM.

  17. #1295
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    Possibly the busiest Saturday of the year upcoming and at present my ante-post bets are:

    Mahrajaan in the John Smith's
    Caturra/Korker dutch in the City Walls. I want to be against Winter Power as I'm not convinced she's trained on. The former's Scurry form was franked by Mitbaahy on Saturday and the latter was really impressive off 95 in a handicap over c/d at the Dante meeting before throwing his race away at the stalls at the Royal meeting (beaten less than 4l but must have lost half a dozen out the gates.)

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (5th July 2022)

  19. #1296
    Senior Member Desert Orchid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    20,358
    Thanks
    2,232
    Thanked 2,808 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I want to be against Winter Power as I'm not convinced she's trained on.
    Could she just be a York horse?
    Never stop looking for what's not there.

  20. #1297
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    It's possible but she's a 4yo filly who had a lot of racing last year and I don't trust the trainer.

  21. #1298
    Senior Member Desert Orchid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    20,358
    Thanks
    2,232
    Thanked 2,808 Times in 2,192 Posts
    I don't trust the trainer either, that's why I think she might rock up next time she goes to York
    Never stop looking for what's not there.

  22. #1299
    Senior Member barjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,992
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 712 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    58
    Isn’t Equilateral in that race (City Walls)? Met loads of trouble at Sandown last Saturday and not put under any pressure at the end so he might not be feeling the race. Probably too soon, but be interesting if he turns up.

  23. #1300
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    17,668
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 545 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post


    Yonafis 10f h/cap at the July Meeting on the Friday. Ran well from the wrong side in the Britannia, bred to improve for a step up in trip (by Golden Horn). He's also in the John Smith's but as a 92 rated 3yo he aint getting in that - 20/1
    Post Impressionist heads the market for this but Haggas has jocked Marquand onto Yonafis. Very pleased and he's into around 8/1 now (10s at Sky but I can't get anything on with them.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •