Thread: Trainer news

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trainer news

David Christie the trainer of vaucelet and winged leader is seriously Ill in a Belfast hospital..

Thanks
    Hope he gets better soon.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EC21 For This Useful Post:

Eleanora Duse (13th March 2023), Len Madeiros (13th March 2023), Outsider (7th March 2023)

Thanks
    Wrong week to post this but a few changes for the Royal racehorses. Ralph Beckett, who has trained for Charles when PoW, becomes a trainer for the monarch with 4 two-year-olds sent to him. In addition Mark Prescott has been sent a 2yo. Two long term trainers don't appear to have any Royal horses, and these are Michael Bell and Roger Charlton. You can add to those two Richard Hannon, who had only one 2yo last year, who was sold unraced, and doesn't appear to have any intake. Balding, Haggas, Stoute, Gosden and Hughes remain in place. The latter two, so far, don't seem to have been allocated any 2yos, but that's hard to gauge at the moment because there are a lot of Royal 2yos unnamed and until they are named it's impossible to find where a 2yo is trained on the BHA site.
    In the old days this used to be all done and dusted by early March and printed in Horses in Training. At £30 a pop I refuse to buy a book that has become increasingly a list of pedigrees without names. Has anyone bought Horses in Training 2023?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleanora Duse For This Useful Post:

edgt (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    I used to religiously buy Horses in Training but haven’t in about 15 years now. I even appeared on the front cover in 1995! But yes agree that it’s just a list of pedigrees sadly.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    First year I bought it I paid the full list price of 7/6.

Thanks
    What an absolute idiot Scudamore is. waffling away about the jockey being illiterate...cringe-worthy

Thanks
    Him and Robbie are brothers aren't they?

Thanks
    No idea but it wouldn’t surprise me. He was involved with McNally I believe so earlier form too.

Reading it, it sounds nasty. I had a lesser experience on holiday last September.....when the “friend” I was with turned psycho! I’m someone who tends to stand up for themselves so I’ve often walked into experiences that others easily avoid but I didn’t see this one coming.

I had holidayed with this “friend” before pre pandemic. And had a great time. I think something happened to her over lockdown mentally in hindsight but her husband thought she needed a break and as he can’t travel due to health reasons suggested we went away again. So we went to South of France and I booked a small Airbnb. After about 48 hours, I started to get a little irritated by her. By day three I started to go quiet which is my code for leaving me be. To cut a long story short, I walked off after being accused of being moody (quiet) to alleviate what I thought was an unnecessary argument brewing. When I got back to the Airbnb, she was worse. So again I left to try and cool the situation. I actually found a great Irish bar and watched the rugby.

Two hours later I returned and boy did she kick off! She locked us IN the Airbnb to start with (it was tiny and had bars on the windows) then spent an hour screaming at me. Eventually she accused me to trying to record her (I wasn’t) and grabbed my phone. When I refused to give it up, she slammed her elbow into my jaw. Now anyone who knows me, knows I am pretty tough but it shook me up hugely as I never expected it. My initial reaction would have been to pick up a chair and wrap it round her head but sensibly I thought (foreign country and you’re locked in a tiny apartment with no way out). Instead I messaged a friend who was online (it was past midnight) who kept me calm and got me through ordeal. She then changed almost instantly into a weird motherly figure. Fortunately the next day she disappeared and flew home leaving me in peace.

Pretty nasty incident that completely blindsided me. I was more shocked than physically hurt although I did have a cut and fat lip. Suffice to say, I have walked away from that friendship! But the above reminded me of it.

Thanks
    That must have been a scary experience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chroniclandlord View Post
    That must have been a scary experience.
    Yeah it wasn’t the nicest and I’ve been in some nasty situations before (all because I was a berludy minded female who stuck up for herself) but this time I just didn’t see it coming. If it hadn’t been for this friend who I managed to keep messaging throughout, I’m not sure how I would have got through it.

Thanks
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/the-...-aZWsI6P1PevH/

The George Gently case outcome by Chris Cook. Interesting read.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Outsider (18th March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/the-...-aZWsI6P1PevH/

The George Gently case outcome by Chris Cook. Interesting read.
    Yes very

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Yeah it wasn’t the nicest and I’ve been in some nasty situations before (all because I was a berludy minded female who stuck up for herself) but this time I just didn’t see it coming. If it hadn’t been for this friend who I managed to keep messaging throughout, I’m not sure how I would have got through it.

Being locked into a flat with bars on the window would completely freak me out.