Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Betfair Hurdle

Thanks
    It's not mate been showing that for days go on there site 9/1 SB the same regular silliness.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    It's not. I checked.

(You don't need to have an account. Just click on the price and once the page loads give it a wee minute to load the betslip. The up-to-date price will appear there. It's 9/1.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Is the next dec stage tomorrow or Friday ?

Thanks
    Think it's today Danny.
    This race looks trickier than ever this year to me.
    Got a shortlist of about 8 at the moment!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggers1972 For This Useful Post:

Danny (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Least interested I’ve been in this race for years, so I’ve been happy to follow others in on Robin Roe.

Has to have a chance with that much apparently in-hand, in a distinctly average-looking renewal, ans it might just be one of those races where you try too hard to overlook the obvious one.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 8th February 2018 at 9:52 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully Lalor gets the nod to run, be great to see her win after what's happened recently.

I'm not sure the ground will be heavy, so expecting Waterlord to be declared as opposed McCains other runner.
    Last edited by Marb; 8th February 2018 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Least interested I’ve been in this race for years, so I’ve been happy to follow others in on Robin Roe.
    Surely a composite, pantomime horse can't win?
    Last edited by Grey; 8th February 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    I was all prepared to join the Irish Roe fan club in this but the more I look at Jenkins the more I think he can overcome the 11st 9lb and take this.

He traveled so powerfully at Ascot over just short of 2m4f and yet was impressive in managing to pull away again at the end having been at the front the whole way. Watching back replays of his two Newbury wins he looks so strong at the finish and really does seem to appreciate the long straight here.

He should have no problem going the pace dropping back to 2m and on the evidence of last time out and those C&D wins I can see him keeping on as well as anything at the death.

I appreciate I'm relying on the headgear having the desired effect for the third time but at the 11/1 I took this morning I'm prepared to take the chance. I'll probably go in again once the enhanced place terms are out there - at a likely shorter price.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 8th February 2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I like Spiritofthegames for this at 25/1. It ticks all the trend boxes and thought it ran really well behind William Henry last time out. Heavy ground probably key though with its stamina so probably done my dough.
    Last edited by Tincan; 8th February 2018 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    I was all prepared to join the Irish Roe fan club in this but the more I look at Jenkins the more I think he can overcome the 11st 9lb and take this.
    James Bowen would take 3lb off if he rides

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    The top 24 runners stand their ground for Saturday.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...8-02-10/691761
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 8th February 2018 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    James Bowen would take 3lb off if he rides
    That's after the claim DG. 11st 12lb without.

Thanks
    Anyone know when this race is nrnb and bog.....is it 5.30 Fri?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm View Post
    Betfair are already. Now offering 6 places, 1/5 odds. Their own website shows BOG but while Oddschecker says they're NRNB it isn't clear from the Betfair racecard - although it doesn't say ante post rules apply, which I would expect it to normally.

Thanks
    Generally?

Thanks
    It will vary Bookie to Bookie. I'd expect 365 and Skybet to bring it in this afternoon but clowns like Hills, Ladbrokes and Corals possibly not until late tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm View Post
    now is nrnb
    declarations are made and the reserves

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post

He traveled so powerfully at Ascot over just short of 2m4f and yet was impressive in managing to pull away again at the end having been at the front the whole way. Watching back replays of his two Newbury wins he looks so strong at the finish and really does seem to appreciate the long straight here.

He should have no problem going the pace dropping back to 2m and on the evidence of last time out and those C&D wins I can see him keeping on as well as anything at the death.

I appreciate I'm relying on the headgear having the desired effect for the third time but at the 11/1 I took this morning I'm prepared to take the chance. I'll probably go in again once the enhanced place terms are out there - at a likely shorter price.
    My initial reaction to Jenkins when he won at Ascot was simply, Wow! I actually think he'll improve for coming back down in trip given the way he run there you'd think that's a solid opinion. That said I think he'll need to, and quite a lot. The minor concerns I'd have would be at Kempton he jumped quite badly right handed, after that at Ascot it wasn't so apparent but when he came under pressure he still had a tendency to go to his right so switching to a left handed track might be of slight concern. The other slight concern I had was on watching the replay of his race at Ascot it was notable that the first 4 home on this occasion had raced in Indian file widest on the course it could be coincidence but I was thinking that they might have been favoured racing on better ground. The 2nd there Air Horse one although a reliable yard stick and at his best probably over that CD does look by all means handicapped to the hilt and in fairness I think if he'd have jumped the last 2 flights well he may well have beaten Jenkins. Jenkins in reality is 7lb worse off here with a 5lb penalty and Bowens reduced claim. If he'd have been 7lbs worse off he certainly wouldn't have beaten Air horse one which would suggest he's reaching his limit IMO although as said I think the drop back in trip will see him improve again its just a case of how much.

I was 99% certain he wasn't going to run so what the feck would I know, my Nicky Henderson bullshit filter must be on the blink.

Thanks
    I've little doubt he's capable of shrugging off a 7lb rise (inc. the reduction in claim) over this C&D Danny. My bigger concern is what's lurking in amongst the other 23 runners.

Thanks
    Yeah as always. The ones that always worry me most are horses with first time tack, wind ops and things like that whilst these things don't always improve a horse there are quite a few horses in here who are trying something for the first time and its sods law that at least one of them will improve beyond recognition. I always take a view as well that in the case of first time blinkers, pieces and tongue ties e.t.c that they bare more significance on the "big days" i.e if you are going to apply a piece of equipment that you think will improve your horse your not going to do it in a small race your going to wait for the big pot.