Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Betfair Hurdle

Thanks
    I'm on three already mentioned on here. I suspect Bleu et Rouge's big day is at Cheltenham but I can't leave him unbacked here just in case.

Danny has already made the case for Zalvados. He's getting a fair bit of weight from the others and I can see him sneaking in to the places off his feather weight.

The one I really fancy is Knocknanuss. He's a horse I've been waiting for, particularly in a big valuable handicap. You need something well ahead of the handicapper, and of all these I think he's the one that could have the most in hand. So confident am I I've also doubled him with Not Never in the 4.50 at Warwick. Jamie Moore is scrambling to Warwick with less than an hour to spare to ride the latter, which also happens to be in the same ownership as Knocknanuss.
    Last edited by Maruco; 10th February 2018 at 9:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    This is how the ATR predictor sees it:

http://www.attheraces.com/predictor/...-Feb-2018/1535
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For some reason, I cannot muster enthusiasm for this edition of the race. To complement my Irish Roe wager, I have backed all three McManus horse to varying degrees, and covered them in combo forecasts and tricasts, on the incredibly lazy assumption that he might have plotted-up more than one of them.

Good luck to those who have made more of an effort i.e. everyone.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    I've followed Irish Roe right from the start; someone I know at the gym's brother stands Vinnie Roe at stud [albeit probably before the mare was born] and my surname is Roe, but I haven't been looking at the Betfair betting at all. Thankfully I've got a couple of free bets from W Hills so I've backed her at a rubbish price. Money going on W H Bonney today but Zalvados [who I backed last night along with Coeur Blimey] seems to be drifting]. May have to have a bet on Lalor cause I'd hate to not be screaming him home if he looks like winning. Good luck everybody; cracking afternoons racing in store.

Thanks
    Last years juvenile form is getting a thorough kicking again. The three in this race are absolutely friendless in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    Last years juvenile form is getting a thorough kicking again. The three in this race are absolutely friendless in the market.
    Well the Triumph runner-up was proving several pounds better this season before his demise. Bapaume has improved again. Ex-Patriot has clearly been getting primed for something later. Charli Parcs wasn't off an inch in the Gerry Fielden and still nearly won.

I've backed the Fred Winter Three in the belief that they will frank the form when the trainers say go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yeah as always. The ones that always worry me most are horses with first time tack, wind ops and things like that whilst these things don't always improve a horse there are quite a few horses in here who are trying something for the first time and its sods law that at least one of them will improve beyond recognition. I always take a view as well that in the case of first time blinkers, pieces and tongue ties e.t.c that they bare more significance on the "big days" i.e if you are going to apply a piece of equipment that you think will improve your horse your not going to do it in a small race your going to wait for the big pot.
    The ft tongue tie on Bleu et Rouge looks a reaction to his travelling like a dream latest,, then finding zilch when asked for his effort. Maybe BG reported the horse made a noise? Wouldn't be too expensive to chance at 14/1.

Thanks
    Irish Roe at 16/1 from Danny & DO's posts weeks ago and WH Bonny 25/1 today 6 places my 2 against the field.
    Tempted to have some sickness insurance on Bleu Et Rouge, but it just reminds me so so much of Wicklow Brave in 2015.
    I was all over him for the big handicaps in this and Sandown at 33/1 and 25/1 - went off at 9/1 both occasions and didn't go a yard!
    I gave up on him and he romps the County hurdle at 25/1 - I'm still not quite over it.
    I think I'll have a very small saver on Bleu today, but I'll thinking of him more for the County.

Thanks
    I've added Kayf Grace to my Verdana Blue bet

Thanks
    I'm convinced on Kayf Grace, topping up again today. Think he race two weeks ago would have took too much out of Irish Roe.

Sticking a forecast of Lalor and Kayf Grace on as well.

Thanks
    Finally settled on Bleu Et Rouge & Knocknanuss but you could make a good case for most of the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    The ft tongue tie on Bleu et Rouge looks a reaction to his travelling like a dream latest,, then finding zilch when asked for his effort. Maybe BG reported the horse made a noise? Wouldn't be too expensive to chance at 14/1.
    Absolutely would agree 100%. I've done enough in this race though and as always you could make good cases for most but unfortunately you can't back them all. Couldn't argue with the reasoning though.

So many closely matched run of the race will more than likely determine the outcome. If you ran it 20 times you'd probably get a different result every time.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    Irish Roe at 16/1 from Danny & DO's posts weeks ago and WH Bonny 25/1 today 6 places my 2 against the field.
    Tempted to have some sickness insurance on Bleu Et Rouge, but it just reminds me so so much of Wicklow Brave in 2015.
    I was all over him for the big handicaps in this and Sandown at 33/1 and 25/1 - went off at 9/1 both occasions and didn't go a yard!
    I gave up on him and he romps the County hurdle at 25/1 - I'm still not quite over it.
    I think I'll have a very small saver on Bleu today, but I'll thinking of him more for the County.
    I had exactly the same experience with Wicklow Brave I could have ******* shot myself when he won the county.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    I think Irish Roe backers could be heading up a blind alley. Marias Benefit has had an injury scare, I'm guessing this was sustained in the Donny race which means her finishing position was flattering.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I think Irish Roe backers could be heading up a blind alley. Marias Benefit has had an injury scare, I'm guessing this was sustained in the Donny race which means her finishing position was flattering.
    She also beat a 139 mare by 7 lengths, form looks solid to me and was run at a decent pace, backing a mare in a big field biggest negative for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I've already rated MB as running below form that day so I'm not in the least worried.

Thanks
    Gutted. I love Kalashnikov couldn't have him winning on that ground though.
    Did anyone have the winner?

Thanks
    Kalashnikov terrific there and ripped them to bits from the second last . I suspect he might shake up Samcro if he went for the Supreme on good to soft.

I suspect Irish Roe left her race at Donny.
    Last edited by Ardross; 10th February 2018 at 4:49 PM.

Thanks
    Kalashnikov got plenty of strong mentions through the thread and well done to all his backers.

Irish Roe seemed to give up quite early and her new mark will make life very difficult for her.

I suspect the rain changed the complexion of the race entirely. Run it again on good ground and the placed horses at least would be entirely different.

Once again a good Saturday meeting has been spoiled by changing ground that only suits certain types. Fortunately it was a light betting day overall but well done again to all Kalashnikov's backers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Would be a huge player for Cheltenham if he gets over that but Samcro must be doubtful for the Supreme.

The only way I can see Samcro losing is if he comes across a flat horse speedster and you don't get many on them in the longer race
    Formely Fist of Fury