Thread: Get it off your chest

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Get it off your chest

Anything to moan about why not put it here..could be interesting thread if anyone wants to chip in.......no arguing please we're British

Journalism

"Robbie Power has revealed the scale of the dilemma facing him over whether to ride Sizing John or Our Duke in the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup, comparing it to the choice famously faced by Ruby Walsh in 2008.

Power had to pick between reigning Gold Cup winner Sizing John and newcomer Our Duke, both 6-1 with BoyleSports, and compared the pair to Kauto Star and Denman who Ruby Walsh had to choose between back in 2008"

Nothing like keeping yourself in the limelight Someone should tell Robbie both Denman and Kauto were Champions in their own right friggin our Duke beat anovice and won a poorly contested Irish Grand National and no way anyone in their right mind would chose him over the Gold Cup winner.

I wonder did Robbie Power actually make the comparison or did the reporter put words in his mouth by simply saying to him "I suppose it's like the Denman and Kauto Star saga?" Because Ruby never once suggested he even gave riding Denman over Kauto Star...there was no dilemma even if he did get it wrong.

Ride of the day NOT

The commentator was so nice in the first at Lingfield yesterday when he said "The possibly unlucky Sangha River" I backed the horse on the place market and actually thought I was about to lose so bad was the ride. I feel for any punter who backed him to win......a beaten certainty IMO

Dropped out at the back, against the rail, made no effort at all to get himself into a challenging position David England just sat their hoping and never found space until the furlong marker. Anyone who rides Lingfield like that loses every time and he obviously never did his homework.

Performance of the day

Despite the shocking riding abilities of JE Moore who couldn't settle a tortoise Ar Mest ran away with Moore and the race. Can see him winning again if placed right..nice horse.

Between using the family muppets and putting Hector Crouch Moore wins first prize for being the worst judge of jockeys out there.
    Last edited by Tanlic; 20th February 2018 at 4:10 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thought I'd seen it all...had a spare 11.77 on Along Came Theo return 40 quid....well beat leader falls at the last brings down the one in 2nd leaves mine clear..........turns round big smile on my face asking hows that for luck...........look again I hear in the background........No friggin way LOL Along came something and it wasn't theo.........gotta love this jumps game
    Last edited by Tanlic; 20th February 2018 at 5:19 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Haydock.

Unfortunately I can't blame anything or anybody but having backed Wild West Wind e/w @ 5/1 on Saturday I knew I at least had the place part in the bag as he strolled into the lead two out with only three runners left in the race proper.

I still can't quite get over how he went to nothing in a matter of strides before refusing/being pulled up at the last, a fence later.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 20th February 2018 at 6:07 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I put up the winner of the Hunter Chase noting the gamble from 40 to 3.25 just before the off.............Pacha DePoulder drifting badly was not even fit enough to do himself justice and never looked like he was be involved in the finish

Sure I am glad I found the winner and I am all for landing touches but not when good horses drift because the trainer is sending out a class animal 3 canters short of a gallop and not giving a **** about the punters
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I backed Fine Theatre EW in the 2.55 at Fairyhouse at 10s. He was 4th as they approached the straight when a bump caused him to lose balance and fall. Des Scahill was commentating. Heat of the contest, prominent runner, fall on the flat.

He never even noticed.
    Last edited by an capall; 24th February 2018 at 6:13 PM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    How the fook has Irish racing become such an owners and trainers monopoly? Every time you turn it on 6 Gigi, 4 JP, 2 Ricci in a 14 runner race all trained by 3-4 trainers talk about sewing it up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SP Only View Post
    Irish racing is a major international success story-we should all rejoice at the quality of racing we see every Sunday.

Fixed that for you.

Thanks
    When betting gods laugh at you, when jockey's take an eternity to switch their whip over when needed and after timing winners...all 3 taken care of in one swoop

The Amber Fort
    6.15 Wolverhampton (Race 2)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream
    24/02/2018
    None
    11/4
    Placed
    Lady Persephone
    6.45 Wolverhampton (Race 3)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream
    24/02/2018
    None
    4/1
    Won
    Corazon Espinado
    7.45 Wolverhampton (Race 5)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream
    24/02/2018
    None
    9/2
    Won

Best Odds applied, price updated to SP.
    Derek Duval
    8.15 Wolverhampton (Race 6)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream
    24/02/2018
    None
    15/8
    Won

Best Odds applied, price updated to SP.

Multiples
    Bet Type
    No.of Bets
    Unit Stake
    Total Stake
    To Return
    Return
    4 Folds

Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This.
    Last edited by Marb; 3rd March 2018 at 7:53 PM.
    Changing tunes.

Thanks
    I know I might of mentioned it before on here but the campaign of Blaklion this season has me smashing my head up the wall in frustration.

First 2 targets no problem with. The Charlie hall followed by the Becher absolutely fine. NTD then basically had a couple of options for his next run and chose to go back to Haydock to run in a bog from top weight off a much higher mark than which he'd been outstayed the year before on better ground. So a) there was never actually much chance he could win it and b) 3m4F in a swamp carrying top weight will never be seen as a nice prep run. The horse finished absolutely legless and he'll do well to recover in time for his main target which NTD has decided should be the National. Even if recovering he faces a mammoth task in that from a higher mark than what he was beaten from last year.

Firstly I'd couldn't see the harm in going to the Cotswolds chase instead of the trial at Haydock. He'd have been on much more favourable terms with his competitors in that race and although the ground was quite testing there in the end the trip is a bit shorter and there is a longer recovery time before his other targets. If he'd have won his mark may or may not have increased if it had increased it would quite possibly have been the final nail in the coffin for his Grand national attempt. However, if he had of won he'd have been more than entitled to have a crack at the Gold Cup which for me would have always been a more realistic target than trying to win a National from his current mark given that he's an RSA winner. Yes on good ground he may have struggled but I'm sure somewhere at the back of his mind NTD is regretting the way he's played his hand here given that their is a growing possibility that it may come up quite soft come cup day. It probably riles me more as I think most of the decisions he's made regarding Blaklion have been more to do with his blind faith in Bristol de mai, who won't even run in the Gold Cup now even though they'd have prayed for a soft ground festival earlier in the campaign for him.

Blaklion still holds an entry but I can't possibly see him running after the way he finished at Haydock and even if he did I doubt he could raise a gallop here after that.

Such a shame in my view and its nothing against NTD as I've had some good success backing a few of his down the years and he's done some fantastic work with other horses in his care. Its just frustrating when you'd have liked to see one given a chance at the top level. If he wins the National then great I'll take my hat off to him but I think its more likely after the National NTD will sit back and think I got that terribly wrong.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th March 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Worst performance last week has to go to Jeremy Noseda's Lansky at Lingfield.

9/4 2nd fav 4th in the Mill Reef and ran like a horse who had been stuck in his box for a fortnight and couldn't put one leg in front of the other.

Ryan Moore looked like he had accepted defeat after 2 furlong as the horse started losing ground from the off dropped back to 5th of 6 and when he eventually thought give it a go his effort lasted about 3 strides before he gave it up as a bad joke.

The worst thing? the horse never even made it into the BHA why they ran badly...a million pounds or so in bets gone and no questions asked

Could it be they let big trainers away with more at the AW tracks?I don't know but when a well fancied horse run an absolute stinker at least the question WHY should be asked?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can posters please include the full name of the horse in a post rather than just it’s initials. For those of us who are not that well up on the jumping scene it all becomes rather unintelligible - and is on the road to that business they have in certain other countries by referring to “the five horse”.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Formely Fist of Fury