Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Festival 2018 Antepost Bets

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Three moderate handicaps - one of which is for the Bumpton-Trumptons - hold the Thursday card back.

The Ryanair is a great race.

The Stayers is shite when Solwhit isn't running.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 4th December 2017 at 11:53 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    I give [Beer Goggles] a chance but he could well be 25s on the day.
    If it was run next week, yes, probably, but there are question marks over so many others I reckon quite a few of them won't be there on the day. And he might come out and win the Cleeve in the meantime

He could be this year's Cole Harden.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 5th December 2017 at 12:23 AM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    If it was run next week, yes, probably, but there are question marks over so many others I reckon quite a few of them won't be there on the day. And he might come out and win the Cleeve in the meantime
    If Yanworth doesn't brush up his jumping and win next time what price he goes back hurdling ?After his win in the Liverpool Hurdle would surely put him in the mix for the Stayers.
    Last edited by Ardross; 5th December 2017 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

The Stayers is shite when Solwhit isn't running.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    I reckon its seriously premature to be writing UKWIMH off. He comes best off at the weights at Newbury, and was beaten by an enterprising ride from Richard Johnson. The pair came clear away from race fit rivals that are good yardsticks. The reason UKWIMH is being writrten off is because people don't rate Beer Goggles, which is a mistake in my opinion, and because he was turned over last year when all of Fry's horses were running like pigs.

I reckon he's a stonking good bet to nothing, and as much as look at the market I don't see any dangers to the big two. Also I don't see that changing unless we maybe see something coming from left field perhaps reverting from chasing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm more worried about some emerging inconsistency - and to a lesser extent Harry's age - than I am about the level of his form. Pretty-much the same applies to Nicholls Canyon. Neither of them are bank-options, imo.

Both clearly have a chance still, but I'd be looking for something to take them on with.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thomas Campbell? Clearly going the right way in a weak division.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He's one I'm interested in, tiggers....but not the one I'm interested in.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 5th December 2017 at 10:34 AM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    If I'm reading you right Grassy, you'll pick one of the two as your win bet unless something else emerges, and have something else lined up at a big price each way? If so that's pretty much how I see it. The trouble is I'm struggling to find something at a big price that's floating my boat.

The only one I'm considering taking a left field punt at is Arctic Fire. Mullins doesn't mind throwing a couple of darts at the big races, and I reckon Arctic Fire could thrive for a step up in trip. He'll send Melon to Support Faugheen, and I reckon there's a chance he could send Arctic Fire here with Nichols Canyon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I'll bet either of the front two, Paul.

I already have Harry in an treble with Faugheen (5/1) and Might Bite (8/1), though I confess I'm not exactly confident that I'll land it, with Harry being the weak-link.

Waiting on one being declared for the Long Walk. If he is in there, I'll most likely back him for the Stayers ahead of his run at Ascot.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I don't think I'll bet either of the front two, Paul.

I already have Harry in an treble with Faugheen (5/1) and Might Bite (8/1), though I confess I'm not exactly confident that I'll land it, with Harry being the weak-link.

Waiting on one being declared for the Long Walk. If he is in there, I'll most likely back him for the Stayers ahead of his run at Ascot.
    Are going off the reservation with a potential French contender?
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Is this Kotikova being mentioned in anyway by NJH?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Unless something gets a surprise entry at Ascot, the one I'm looking at is UK-trained, Brendan.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Is this Kotikova being mentioned in anyway by NJH?
    Haven't heard a peep about her, since her setback last spring.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    I'm sure I read something positive about Kotkikova in the last couple of weeks. Will have a wee trawl through some of my bookmarked sites.

Thanks
    There are plenty that wouldn't require much of a step up to trouble the front two.

For example; Yanworth would be vying for favoritism if this was confirmed as his target and yet Supasundae, who was only a length behind him at Aintree and you'd be fairly confident will run, is available at 20/1. We know he'll like the course and going and he'd have caught Nichols Canyon in a few more strides in the Hatton's Grace.

Penhil, we've yet to see and I'd love be sat on a 33/1 AP voucher about Bacardys for this if he jumps like he did last time in his next outing over fences.

Thomas Campbell is clearly going places but I've been holding out hope that Hendo decides against sending Constantine Bay over fences and keeps him hurdling for this season at least because I'm convinced he's got a big win in him. If he does go over fences, prior to his first outing I'll be supplementing my AP bet on Presenting Percy for the 4 miler with one on CB at 20s. In fact the 43 on the machine is actually tempting me right now.

I'd be inclined to forgive The Worlds End his Haydock run on desperate ground and who knows, maybe this'll be the year they finally send The New One to this.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    I think we would like to try [Kotkikova] back over fences and something like the Charlie Hall might be a good place to start. I would [like] to see her rediscover her French form and there are a number of mares’ only chases that could prove ideal for her.
    I'll keep looking...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After Altiorgate Nicky is still fuming so scanning the media won't tell you much
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    What's going on with the price collapse today on Presenting Percy for the NH chase.

It's not an early closer is it ?, or is there a forfeit stage for the RSA or something ?. Although I see he's also shortening for that.

Maybe the new OR he's been given has convinced some he's proper G1 material.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 6th December 2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    What's going on with the price collapse today on Presenting Percy for the NH chase.

It's not an early closer is it ?, or is there a forfeit stage for the RSA or something ?. Although I see he's also shortening for that.

Maybe the new OR he's been given has convinced some he's proper G1 material.
    What collapse?

He's been 8/1 - 10/1 with firms that will lay a bet since Sunday. It's certainly to certainty where he runs.