Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladbrokes Trophy Chase. Newbury. December 2nd.

Thanks
    Looks like a lot more runners are scratched than that Grassy if you've used the RP I think they are just very slow updating as per.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (27th November 2017)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Danny (27th November 2017), Grasshopper (27th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have taken Genie (20/1) and Children's List (33/1) each-way.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Who actually owns Bet Bright? Is it Rich Ricci? Does Nicky Henderson write stuff for them?
    I'm just curious as they seem to be happy to continually lay 25/1 about Vyta Du Roc, which surely won't last.
    I reckon its a 7/4 chance Vyta Du Roc, starts at single figure odds on the day, personally
    ???

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ricci is Chairman of betBright I think...doesn't own it.

Henderson has a blog with Unibet.

SlimChance, March 2018

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Marb (27th November 2017)

Thanks
    When SFP was about to run at Cheltenham in October I had a decent ew bet on the horse for the day's race but I took particular note of Tom Segal's comments to the effect that although SFP was probably the most likely winner he would oppose because the Ladbroke was the main target. Luckily that stopped me from a substantial win bet on the day but I split the sum I was about to invest ew on the horse for the Ladbroke at 16's and 14's. The horse was given a nice workout, allowed to drop to almost the rear then cut through the field with ease reaching a position where he was not quite going to catch the winner but an easy second. Could not have been a better prep. I reinvested the day's profit ew for the Ladbroke.
    Were one of the lesser bookies still offering double figures for SFP I wouldn't be complaining, rather I'd be filling my boots to whatever extent allowed.
    If you think the price is far too high on VDC, take it and lay off on the day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    ???
    Vyta Du Roc runs in the Bristol de Mai colours. "We were looking at the Rehearsal and the Becher but he is going to run," Henderson adds. "He had a run over hurdles the same day as Top Notch and you saw how much good that did him. He has stamina in abundance."

just now at the press conference

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tout Seul View Post
    When SFP was about to run at Cheltenham in October I had a decent ew bet on the horse for the day's race but I took particular note of Tom Segal's comments to the effect that although SFP was probably the most likely winner he would oppose because the Ladbroke was the main target. Luckily that stopped me from a substantial win bet on the day but I split the sum I was about to invest ew on the horse for the Ladbroke at 16's and 14's. The horse was given a nice workout, allowed to drop to almost the rear then cut through the field with ease reaching a position where he was not quite going to catch the winner but an easy second. Could not have been a better prep.
    I'm very much in the same camp, TS.

When he ran at Cheltenham I wrote:
    Is Singlefarmpayment merely prepping for Newbury or do they feel he can defy a rise for winning this? I feel compelled to back him regardless and take my chances.
    It was when I heard the trainer's remarks pre-race - not dissimilar to Segal's - that I feared he was there to run well but avoid a penalty. In my review of the race I wrote:
    I suspect they were trying to be just a bit clever with Singlefarmpayment ahead of the Henessy (or whatever it’s going to be called). Cogry went up 6lbs for winning. I suspect if Singlefarmpayment had touched him off he’d have gone up less but 6lbs wouldn’t have been too harsh given the figure I have for him in the Ultima. ..

It looked to me like the plan with Singlefarmpayment was to win if the race went his way but not to give him too hard a time of it. He did best of the hold-up group in a race in which they didn’t seem to be busting guts up front. He looks certain to run really well at Newbury.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fair play to Bet Bright, they seem to going best price on a few of the field.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tout Seul View Post
    When SFP was about to run at Cheltenham in October I had a decent ew bet on the horse for the day's race but I took particular note of Tom Segal's comments to the effect that although SFP was probably the most likely winner he would oppose because the Ladbroke was the main target. Luckily that stopped me from a substantial win bet on the day but I split the sum I was about to invest ew on the horse for the Ladbroke at 16's and 14's. The horse was given a nice workout, allowed to drop to almost the rear then cut through the field with ease reaching a position where he was not quite going to catch the winner but an easy second. Could not have been a better prep. I reinvested the day's profit ew for the Ladbroke.
    Were one of the lesser bookies still offering double figures for SFP I wouldn't be complaining, rather I'd be filling my boots to whatever extent allowed.
    If you think the price is far too high on VDC, take it and lay off on the day.
    I'm definitely not complaining one iota, I mentioned it because they are nearly twice the odds that everyone else go!

I'm on at 25's already each way, I'm in no particular rush to back him again.
    Last edited by Marb; 27th November 2017 at 5:04 PM.

Thanks
    I fancy Potters Legend e/way but waiting for the concessions of 5 or 6 places.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    In the SFP camp as well.

Thanks
    I was all over CD for the GN after his run in this last year at 33/1. Thought he was going to claw back Native River for a split second. Anyway, I'm staying loyal on Saturday ( and actually going too ), and will be backing weekly for the GN afterwards too.
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I'm very much in the same camp, TS.

When he ran at Cheltenham I wrote:

It was when I heard the trainer's remarks pre-race - not dissimilar to Segal's - that I feared he was there to run well but avoid a penalty. In my review of the race I wrote:
    I watched him running riot and misbehaving before his run at Cheltenham and thought he'd got no chance after acting up like that. But it was his trainer's comments that struck me to the bit when he was questioned about his charge misbehaving. He said something along the lines of

"He's like that at home until he's had a run, that seems to calm him down so we'll get this out of the way and then we can start training him properly"

If that doesnt say it all nothing does!
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    I've had a punt on VDR. Will probably have a saver on Coneygree if he turns up.

Thanks
    If you change your mind on it Marble, I'll put the mortgage on VDR - Ginge

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So far everything is going to plan, Geoffrey.

Sounds like Vyta may have been redirected to The Becher or Rehearsal Chase so we've already had a bit of luck, that Nicky's kept his word about running him in this!
    Last edited by Marb; 28th November 2017 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    Anyone have any insight as to whether Charli Parcs is an intended runner on Saturday?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All the money since the decs has been for Genie In A Bottle and Vyta Du Roc, with both touching single-figures in places, and starting to look short enough now.

Hezz, re Charli Parcs, I am planning on slamming into him if he is declared, but not heard a peep about whether or not he is an intended runner, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 28th November 2017 at 12:31 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

hezz (28th November 2017)

Thanks
    Wait for a statement from Frank Berry and assume the exact opposite.

Going back to the main event, I'm in the Singlefarmpayment camp as well.
    Last edited by archie; 28th November 2017 at 12:52 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.