Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe

Thanks
    Yes even Dettori couldn't f*** that up. She was keen , first time out maybe not to be expected. Wonder if they would keep her going next year if she doesn't win the Arc?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Great performance, given the circumstances, and JG had her only 80/85% fit. Roll on the Arc.
    Frankie said he can't wait to ride her, which tells us all we need to know about the likelihood of Cracksman's participation.

Thanks
    2/1 looks very fair for the Arc -I’m going to try and catch her in some ante post trebles and accums.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Frankie said he can't wait to ride her, which tells us all we need to know about the likelihood of Cracksman's participation.
    It will be a travesty if he misses the race.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Yes even Dettori couldn't f*** that up. She was keen , first time out maybe not to be expected. Wonder if they would keep her going next year if she doesn't win the Arc?
    Yeah, he's useless ��

Thanks
    Sky are NRNB. Gone in again on Cracksman.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I took 40/1 Capri for the Arc this evening.

He looked for all the world like he was merely weighing up Waldgeist & co at the weekend. They say he's definitely going for it (14/1 NRNB with Sky) and he'll probably improve a lot for the run. I don't think he should be any longer in the betting than Waldgeist (9s tops).
    Illegitimi non carborundum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

fonz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks
    I was eyeing up the 8s for the Long Distance thing at Ascot for Capri. You'd have to think he'll be 20s on the day.

Thanks
    I'll wait till the day but if things align as I hope I'll be heavy on Cracksman. If not I'll be against Enable all day long at the projected prices.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I was eyeing up the 8s for the Long Distance thing at Ascot for Capri. You'd have to think he'll be 20s on the day.
    Is that the target for him?
    I know he's a Leger winner but he did make his debut this season over 10f, I can see the lads going Arc then Champion Stakes with him.

Thanks
    It should be his target, but who knows with Ballydoyle.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Capri the Arc? you gotta be having a laugh.

Nothing about his form stands up to scrutiny..

His close races against Cracksman and Wings of Eagle puts him firmly in the 2nd division.

John Gosden reckoned Cracksman was never 100% that season and the Derby winner was packed off to stud before his rep went don the drain.

His best performance came at Donnie but no one took his challenge in the Arc seriously and he trailed in near the rear at 20/1.

Now after along absence he put up a performance that had do not for for the Arc written all over it.

He may well end up a cup horse but he wouldn't win an Arc with a rocket tied to his ass.

He must be odds on not to run
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Capri the Arc? you gotta be having a laugh.

Nothing about his form stands up to scrutiny..

His close races against Cracksman and Wings of Eagle puts him firmly in the 2nd division.

John Gosden reckoned Cracksman was never 100% that season and the Derby winner was packed off to stud before his rep went don the drain.

His best performance came at Donnie but no one took his challenge in the Arc seriously and he trailed in near the rear at 20/1.

Now after along absence he put up a performance that had do not for for the Arc written all over it.

He may well end up a cup horse but he wouldn't win an Arc with a rocket tied to his ass.

He must be odds on not to run
    On the wind up again I take it ?
    Generally a horse that runs in a legitimate Arc trial wouldn't be odds on not to run in the race itself.
    And id rather be holding a 40/1 E/W docket on Capri than
    11/10 on Enable but each to there own I suppose.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fonz For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (24th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Capri was coming off a five-months-plus break and was rated 120 going into this season.

Assuming one of his G1 entries is a serious target, I reckon it is fair to assume someone as meticulous as AOB would not wish to leave that target behind last weekend by having a hard race. He was beaten 6.5 lengths which can be called around 10lbs so that's all he'll need to improve to be alongside Waldgeist. Waldgeist will probably come on for the run as well but perhaps not by as much.

It's all personal interpretation but I imagine AOB would have been more than satisfied with Capri's run after such a long break. He wasn't given a hard time of it so shouldn't bounce. I don't think it's unreal to suggest they should be closer to each other in the betting than 9/1 and 40/1.

I'm not saying Capri will win. It's more about whether his odds are a true reflection of his chances. If he's really a 10/1 shot it's still 1/10 that he won't win so to insist that he won't/can't win is no more than stating the obvious.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (25th September 2018)

Thanks
    Capri entered at Dundalk on Friday night.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Looks a very ordinary Group 3 but he is also entered on Sunday over 2 miles which should give an indication on what they are considering doing.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    On the wind up again I take it ?
    Generally a horse that runs in a legitimate Arc trial wouldn't be odds on not to run in the race itself.
    And id rather be holding a 40/1 E/W docket on Capri than
    11/10 on Enable but each to there own I suppose.
    As I just said he may be aimed at 2 mile races and that trial would have most thinking he doesn't have the speed for an Arc. He was off the bridle 5 furlongs from home and couldn't stay with them. That's too far from home to be blaming lack of fitness.

As for a 40/1 docket to me it's a 7/2 docket at best as he can't possibly win. I would much rather be holding a 200 bet with 888 at 2/1 on Enable offerrd after her comeback You have 100 ew 1/5th the odds you get 900 back if he's in the first 3. More chance of Enable winning than Capri placing let alone winning and if you disagree why didn't you take 74/1 on the machine instead of 40/1 and ask around 8/1 a place?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Enable's price is heinous. She proved nothing at Kempton. NOTHING!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    She didn't have much to prove tbf. Only that she'd that she still had 4 legs, and could run a reasonable race after 11 month's absence. That she ran within 4lbs of her best RPR speaks volumes for her chances, though I wouldn't be rushing to back her at current prices.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I will be at Longchamp on Sunday with the fragrant Mrs An Capall if anybody wants a hello. I plan to buy a finish line ticket for €75. I notice there is a €15 Euro ticket which should do her nicely. If anybody is knocking around I normally land the exacta in the last and will be happy to share the numbers.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."