17 54.84%
  • Faugheen

10 32.26%
  • Other

4 12.90%
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: The Road To The 2018 Champion Hurdle

Thanks
    Bloody hell, OC have just put the change of odds into 20-1 which is not quite so appealing!

it is NRNB on B365 though
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed if you think you will get 33/1 at B365. That price is at least a week out-of-date, if it was ever laid at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Yes, it's 20/1 and they've removed the NRNB concession in that market.

It's 20/1 with it at Sky but I didn't check the place terms.
    It was certainly laid at 33/1 with 365 Grass I have a tenna e/w at that price. I topped up at 25/1 the night before the contenders hurdle same stake. After the contenders he was cut to 20/1 So that's how far out of date it is.

Des where have you got the impression that they have stopped NRNB on the market ? Still is as far as I can see.

Does anyone know if there is a catch with the Ladbrokes version ? They are labelling it NRMB ( non runner money back ). I got caught out once with something similar as some firm gave it you back as a free bet that had to be used in the same race. Was a few years back but I'm always cautious now about the terms.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Des where have you got the impression that they have stopped NRNB on the market ? Still is as far as I can see.
    At oddschecker, when I went into that market the NRNB green tick at the top of the column wasn't there (it was with Sky).
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    The betting history on JC in without market crazy, going 33 then 20, back to 33 then 20...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    It's just occurred to me that this cold snap might be bad news for JC's fans.

When he finally hit form last season it was in the spring and summer and the trainer was quoted as saying he was a spring and summer horse who had thrived with the sun on his back.

To balance that out, his form so far since the autumn hasn't been that far off his peak (at MR) despite clearly only being there for the fresh air.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Also trainer Evan Williams has been on the "cold list" for a while. But had a winner last Saturday, so hopefully stable are about to turn their form around

Thanks
    I'm not that much of a fan tbh even though I've backed him he was only a bit of a saver really for CML and Ch'tibello one of who'm will be a NR and the other I've lost any faith in since they ran him at Wincanton. Melon replaces CML as my number 1 hope for the race as boring a selection as that is I do think he's as solid a bet as one could wish for.

I think with JC its more spring ground than the actual time of year DO. Better the ground better his chance, stronger the pace, ditto.
    Last edited by Danny; 2nd March 2018 at 3:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    It's just occurred to me that this cold snap might be bad news for JC's fans.

When he finally hit form last season it was in the spring and summer and the trainer was quoted as saying he was a spring and summer horse who had thrived with the sun on his back.

To balance that out, his form so far since the autumn hasn't been that far off his peak (at MR) despite clearly only being there for the fresh air.
    I'm not a "fan", DO - I just thought he was good value in the market, no more than that.

Think you're right though. His chance is probably diminished, in the absence of quicker ground.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    You have changed your tune I thought you said they would be watering the course before tuesday week. I knew i should have listened to Digger.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No....I said they'd be watering the New Course on Tuesday, to ensure good ground for the Gold Cup.

Pay attention.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    John Constable V Charli Parcs is on..........Nicky convinced JP and FB he should run here and not in the Imperial so I reckon your in trouble Grassy
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    CP will get pulled at 48-hr stage, or is left in to make the pace for BDA.....in which case, he finishes well behind a close like John Constable.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 7th March 2018 at 2:41 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Without wanting to mention the weather again because I've heard quite enough about it but do you not think the rain has killed his chances a bit Grass ? I've left my bets to run rather than cashing them out but I hold little hope for him and he's gone way out on the Exchanges in the last few days.

TBF there has been a massive move on Wicklow Brave since Tanlic picked him he must be working the house down over there as the rest of Mullins lot have been fairly weak. Personally I can't touch the animal after doing my spuds on him in the Imperial Cup I said I'd never back him again and that included when he rocked up at the festival a few days later.

Thanks
    Apples Jade has been left in this. Anybody think there's any chance she could line up ?

Connections have been quoted as saying she's too slow for the Champion Hurdle but as there seems to be a possibility the word Heavy could appear in Tuesday's going - despite your own ideas of that - they'd be mad not to at least think about it if it did.

Would run Faugheen close for second favouritism if she did surely.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Think that's fair to say Lee.

I just have to say I love the way Betfred settle there NRNB's as winners.

1/11/2018 2:16:14 PM
    325/
    W:20.00 S:20.00
    Single
    Champion Hurdle 15:30/Outright Nrnb
    Call Me Lord

40/1
    Won

Haha if only

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Without wanting to mention the weather again because I've heard quite enough about it but do you not think the rain has killed his chances a bit Grass ? I've left my bets to run rather than cashing them out but I hold little hope for him and he's gone way out on the Exchanges in the last few days.

TBF there has been a massive move on Wicklow Brave since Tanlic picked him he must be working the house down over there as the rest of Mullins lot have been fairly weak. Personally I can't touch the animal after doing my spuds on him in the Imperial Cup I said I'd never back him again and that included when he rocked up at the festival a few days later.
    No surprise Wicklow Brave has been back Danny......beat the runner up of the CH 1 1/2 lengths has won 5 races on soft or heavy ground, lost lengths at the start last year and according to Patrick Mullins he's in great form. It's all down to to which Faugheen turns up because if he bombs ????
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Apples Jade has been left in this. Anybody think there's any chance she could line up ?

Connections have been quoted as saying she's too slow for the Champion Hurdle but as there seems to be a possibility the word Heavy could appear in Tuesday's going - despite your own ideas of that - they'd be mad not to at least think about it if it did.

Would run Faugheen close for second favouritism if she did surely.
    Can't see it. WPM had the same question asked of Quevega a hundred times but never did it because he knew the difference between the mares and the Champion Hurdle.

Unlike Annie Power Apples simply isn't good enough at the trip to contest the race..she's been beaten by some very ordinary horses at 2m
    Last edited by Tanlic; 7th March 2018 at 5:27 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    CP will get pulled at 48-hr stage, or is left in to make the pace for BDA.....in which case, he finishes well behind a close like John Constable.
    Charli Parcs make the running.?...........you're supposed to share joints, obviously you forgot
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you missed the Betfair Hurdle, where he got his practice-run as BDA's fluffer.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    No surprise Wicklow Brave has been back Danny......beat the runner up of the CH 1 1/2 lengths has won 5 races on soft or heavy ground, lost lengths at the start last year and according to Patrick Mullins he's in great form. It's all down to to which Faugheen turns up because if he bombs ????
    I'm mildly surprised he's as short as he is though Tanlic. His win at Punchestown was as strange race tried to hold him up in his first time blinkers pulled his way to the front took ten lengths out of them and held on from the closing pack. He did fluff the start last year but that wouldn't be the first time he's done that. In 3 attempts off the back of breaks longer than 100 days he's not won. He's no spring chicken at the age of 9. You can't really rely on blinkers to have the same effect second time around. Question being as well if he pulls himself to the front in the Champion as he did at Punchestowns will he and Faugheen impede each other ?

Personally I'd have thought Melon would be better option but will concede that where the yard is concerned, Money Talks.

Not that you'd give two hoots of course as you won't be looking that far back as Buveur D'air crosses the line.