• Faugheen

10 32.26%
  • Other

4 12.90%
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road To The 2018 Champion Hurdle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    The market adjusting is a possibility, but if any of us have learnt anything in recent years when it comes to Mullins/Ricci runners, there's usually no smoke without fire.
    According to your earlier theory, shouldn't Betbright be leading the (tiny) drift rather than resisting it?
    Last edited by archie; 19th December 2017 at 5:42 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Its a small change for Faugheen being ruled out of Kempton and players in this market readjusting their position that previously implied he'll be there as its been the case every time he hasn't been injured.

Anyone imagining that the two are close in terms of ability thats why they're close in betting, or placing Melon as a marker for home gallops comparisons, would've been called Thomas 2000 years ago and wouldn't believe until touching the wounds.

Thanks
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/news...-hurdle/312945

Still more of the proper bookies have Faugheen as favourite but don't let facts get in the way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    According to your earlier theory, shouldn't Betbright be leading the (tiny) drift rather than resisting it?
    What earlier theory?? This was my first post on the matter. And I acknowledged that it is a possibility that it's just the market adjusting to the correct prices. I merely highlighted the fact that history (Douvan in the tingle Creek most recently) tells us there is usually no smoke without fire. There was or is nothing sinister intended in my posts.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/news...-hurdle/312945

Still more of the proper bookies have Faugheen as favourite but don't let facts get in the way.
    Facts are that 24 hours ago Faugheen was clear fav on the machine and and with all bookies at a general 13/8 shot and Buv was 5/2 everywhere.

Buv is now clear fav on the machine and a general 15/8 shot with the proper books and blue across the board on odsschecker.

Faugheen is red all over and you can now get 15/8 and 2/1 Faugheen with some proper books.

I'm not sure how anyone can say there hasn't been a swing in betting in the last 24 hours.
    Last edited by Double Handful; 19th December 2017 at 8:42 PM.

Thanks
    What earlier theory?? This was my first post on the matter. And I acknowledged that it is a possibility that it's just the market adjusting to the correct prices. I merely highlighted the fact that history (Douvan in the tingle Creek most recently) tells us there is usually no smoke without fire. There was or is nothing sinister intended in my posts.

I do beg your pardon. It was Double J on the Champion Chase thread rather than your good self. Apologies and complete withdrawal.

Thanks
    I do beg your pardon. It was Double J on the Champion Chase thread rather than your good self. Apologies and complete withdrawal.
    No worries.

Thanks
    Facts are that 24 hours ago Faugheen was clear fav on the machine and and with all bookies at a general 13/8 shot and Buv was 5/2 everywhere.

Buv is now clear fav on the machine and a general 15/8 shot with the proper books and blue across the board on odsschecker.

Faugheen is red all over and you can now get 15/8 and 2/1 Faugheen with some proper books.

I'm not sure how anyone can say there hasn't been a swing in betting in the last 24 hours.

@archie - I also thought this was aimed at me, so my response was probably more robust than my norm. Felt I needed to defend myself.

So I also take back any ill will that may have come across here.

Cheers

Last edited by Double Handful; 19th December 2017 at 8:49 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Handful For This Useful Post:

archie (20th December 2017)

Thanks
    Likewise, no worries.

Thanks
    It’s Mover D’Air as Henderson hope is made favourite for Champion Hurdle

Out with the old, in with the new. Punters are ready to ring in 2018 with reigning Champion Hurdle winner Buveur D'Air rather than the 2015 victor Faugheen.

That was the message behind a market move for Buveur D'Air on Tuesday, which led to William Hill, Betway and Betfred all promoting him to favourite, and no bookmaker offering better than 2-1, the Nicky Henderson-trained horse having started the day at 5-2.

Champion Hurdle sponsor Unibet made him market leader at 15-8, while sister bookmaker Stan James went just 6-4.

Faugheen, who turns ten on New Year's Day, drifted to a general 2-1, with 5-2 offered in a place.

Rupert Adams of Hills said: "Buveur D'Air is now significantly a worse result than Faugheen. It has been the weight of money over the last 72 hours that has forced him down to 15-8 from 5-2."

Paddy Power spokesman Paul Binfield said: "Faugheen still heads our market at 13-8 but punters on Tuesday forced Buveur D'Air into 15-8 from 9-4."

Coral still have Faugheen favourite at 6-4, spokesman David Stevens saying: "We saw bits and pieces for Buveur D'Air at the start of play today which prompted a cut to 2-1 from 5-2, but the support hasn't been forthcoming all day.

"At this stage, with no negative reports coming through on Faugheen, we're happy to be top price about the reigning champion while keeping the 2015 winner onside."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Faugheen one of six left in the Ryanair at the forfeit stage

http://status.hri-ras.ie/entries/Mic...OR353.PDF?id=1

As it stands, of the 15 top bookies, six have BDA favourite, six Faugheen and three can't split them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Bit of a shite renewal that
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Possibility TNO goes to Kempton for the Xmas hurdle. If BD scares them away and race cuts up he does according to NTD. Every chance he does as race was reopen until tomorrow morning am due to lack of entries.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

hezz (20th December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    Possibility TNO goes to Kempton for the Xmas hurdle. If BD scares them away and race cuts up he does according to NTD. Every chance he does as race was reopen until tomorrow morning am due to lack of entries.

What are the rest of the entries? Anything of note? Still trying and learning to save websites and links where I can find this info rather than being a pain asking.

Thanks
    Race is open to entries until this morning DJ as there was a poor initial entry. Powers have BD, defi, Tent, TNO, Melon VVM in their betting for it but I'd say tent, melon & vvm wont run.
    Last edited by Kauto Abu; 21st December 2017 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ch'tibello doesn't run in the Ryanair Hurdle reducing Faugheen's job closer to walk in the park
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    BDair, Chesterfield, Elgin, Mohaayed, OG, TNO

Thanks
    If they both win easy until Chelt, I think we're going to have the smallest field in the CH since its inception years..

Thanks
    Elgin runs Saturday at Ascot so he wont feature. They'll surely throw TNO in now. I hope the do, otherwise it's Newcastle all over again. In saying that BD could destroy TNO around Kempton.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 883 Posts
    Which will prove exactly SFA