Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newmarket Gallop Reports - Early June

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Flame. I'm grateful that you gave the forum the heads up but she would have made the Sandown handicap (and probably have won it) so why bodyswerve it?

For an extra ten grand? For better odds? Both?

If the price was the deciding factor it screams that Godolphin is a betting operation as much as a bloodstock one. This in itself is useful information.

On the basis of today's form black type was always going to happen.
    I'm told they expected Sandown may have been a bit too quick for her and they thought the ground would be better at York, she slipped her Pelvis on her debut last season when 4th in a hot maiden (would have won bar injury) and she has been a worrier at home (hence the hood) and they felt that running her on very quick ground at Sandown may have not been ideal (reportedly very fast in the straight). They walked the track at York worried it may have dried out too much, but Josephine was happy with the ground and they decided to let her run, although she wouldn't want too quick ground and will be better with ease in the ground.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Flame. I'm grateful that you gave the forum the heads up but she would have made the Sandown handicap (and probably have won it) so why bodyswerve it?

For an extra ten grand? For better odds? Both?

If the price was the deciding factor it screams that Godolphin is a betting operation as much as a bloodstock one. This in itself is useful information.

On the basis of today's form black type was always going to happen.
    Saeed Bin Suroor's is also very much a betting operation, much more so than Appleby. The horses to land the money go to Saeed as he is considered more shrewd at getting them where they want them. Charlie tends to get the better quality horses to place to win bigger races, but I can 100% confidently say the Saeed Bin Suroor operation likes a bet and are very shrewd and when the money is down, they rarely get it wrong.

Thanks
    Aidan O’Brien

Wednesday 14th June – Cashel – Round The Bend (7f)

First Group

Orderofthegarter (9st), Spirit Of Valor (9st)(Anastasia O’Brien), Churchill (10st)(Seamie Heffernen)(Went 4L Clear)
    - Churchill galloped over the round 7f, He worked under Seamie Heffernen and was led by Orderofthegarter (carrying 9st), and a second lead horse of Spirit Of Valor (Anastasia). They went a good gallop and Orderofthegarter was headed by the two horses around 400 metres from Aidan. It was only in the final 200 metres than Churchill was asked to go about his business but he was hand ridden to go 4L clear of Spirit Of Valor who was hard ridden, and he was nicely clear of Orderofthegarter who was eased once headed.
    Everyone at Ballydoyle was really happy with Churchill and he is bang on for the race.

Butterflies, Asking (Best by 2L), Key To My Heart
    - A nice gallop with three fillies with Ascot entries, it was decided after the work that both Key To My Heart and Butterflies would head to Cork on Sunday, where Key To My Heart would have the better chance. The two fillies were nursed to get within 2L of Asking who worked very nicely here. She was disappointing last time behind Winter but looks back in good form on this evidence. She holds an entry in the Sandringham and also in a fillies race at Fairyhouse next week.

Utah (Donnacha O’Brien), Homesman, Yucatan (E J McNamara) – All Upsides
    - Three nice staying types who have Ascot entries all worked nicely together and they done a pleasing gallop in a good time. If pushed for a best it would have marginally been Yucatan.

Second Group

Taj Mahal (Donnacha O’Brien)(Led), Idaho (Anastasia O’Brien), Order Of St George (Seamie Heffernen)(Powered Clear) / 7f & 9f
    - Taj Mahal took no prisoners in this strong 7f gallop, and he was looked after when headed. Idaho went nicely but was no match for Order Of St George who picked up smartly under a firm ride to go 2.5L clear. Both Idaho and Order Of St George, worked the extra 2f meaning they went 9f, Taj Mahal was pulled up at the end of the 7f.

LEAD HORSE (led)(worked very well, seriously well handicapped), Rain Goddess (struggled), Winter (E J McNamara)(hard on bridle)
    - Working the bend gallop, LEAD HORSE who is a nice progressive filly and will win soon despite her form led the useful Winter and Rain Goddess. Rain Goddess struggled and ended up last and Winter was held together to sit upsides a hard driven 70s rated LEAD HORSE who was not disgraced in the gallop and will land a touch soon. I have been not to reveal who the lead horse is on this gallop, when it runs, I will pass on, but I won't risk upsetting my contact.

Friday 16th June – Cashel 4 & 5f chute Gallops

Clemmie, September (Seamie Heffernen), Roly Poly (followed up in behind) – 5f
    - September worked about 2L better than Clemmie and it was good work. Roly Poly jumped off 7L behind, and finished 2L behind them working well.

Intelligence Cross (Donnacha O’Brien) – 5f solo

Acapulco (Anastasia O’Brien) – 5f solo

Ballet Shoes, Magical (Very nice sort), BACKWARD WELL BRED HORSE (needs time) – 5f
    - Magical looks a very smart filly and she had the measure of both her companions in this decent gallop, under a hand ride, she went on by 2L, Ballet Shoes, was 1/2L up on BACKWARD WELL BRED HORSE who looked very green. - I have been asked not to name the 3rd horse in the gallop.

Changeover

Fleet Review (Led)(Anastasia O’Brien), Declarationofpeace (Seamie Heffernen), Sioux Nation (Donnacha O’Brien), BEST 2YO IN YARD (E J McNamara)(Best) – 5f
    - A good piece of work led at a good gallop by Fleet Review. He was soon joined by Sioux Nation who finished last of the main three, but there was a surprise as BEST 2YO IN YARD kept on very nicely to finish 3/4L up on Declarationofpeace who in turn was 3L clear of the other pair. This was a good piece of work. - I have been asked not to reveal one of these 2yo's for a reason that it is unraced and wants 7-8f and the yard feel it's a serious Guineas/Derby prospect and they want to keep it under wraps a bit longer. When the horse has standard entries I will release its name.

Mendelssohn, Galileo x Rosdhu Queen (best) – 5f easy work

Brian Meehan

17th June – Manton Summer Ground

Fox Trotter (led), Windfast (Jordan Uys)(best) – 6f

Mutarakez (led), Raheen House (Dane O’Neill)(Impressed) – 8f
    - A nice gallop and Dane O’Neill came in to sit on Raheen House in his final piece of work before he goes for the King Edward next week. He went nicely here and picked up his lead horse quite impressively before drawing 3L clear.

Changeover

Faraasah (Dane O’Neill)(Best), Ivy Leaguer (Jordan Uys) – 6f
    - Faraasah was green when turned over on debut but he worked very well this morning stretching out under Dane O’Neill by the best part of 4L.

Jordan Uys rides a horse on Sunday at Salisbury called Love And Be Loved, he passed on to our contact that he has been told this is very much expected to win.

I appreciate it is not ideal not being able to name a couple of these O'Brien horses but this is at the request of my contact, I will reveal them in due course when entered or running that day and will edit the post, but for now I can't name them. Sorry.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

2017diary (18th June 2017), Carl (17th June 2017), edgt (24th June 2017), Eleanora Duse (18th June 2017), Therightroad (17th June 2017)

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Wasn't the race we wanted to see her run in, as a 3yo in a listed against her elders over a trip slightly too sharp, but the 9/1 last night was massive and 8s again this morning and even got around 7/4 4 places on Betfair.
    Josephine Gordon is such a good rider (even if it looked to me she accepted 2nd 50 yards out, and the horse rallied on it's own accord) and a nice winner. I think the gallops had made it clear she was one we were waiting for, for a while, just a shame they didn't go for the handicap off 94 but then she wouldn't have been 9/1 early. Hope you all won a few quid. If you didn't, don't worry there will be plenty more where that came from.
    The Royal "We". Interesting.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 17th June 2017 at 4:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for posting these Flame, Very good of you
    Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Cheers for these Flame.

Superioritycomplex ran a cracker in the Salisbury maiden just now.

Thanks
    Gallop Reports

Michael Bell

Wednesday 14th June – Watered Gallop

Hanningfield, Rays The Money – 6f
    - A routine gallop with Hanningfield leading and maintaining a 1.5L lead throughout with Rays The Money following up on the bridle, nice work.

Taper Tantrum – 9f Solo

Duck A L’Orange (best), Hollywood Road (Don Cantilons) – 8f

Graceland – 8f Solo

Three Duchesses (best), Ice Dancing – 8f
    - These are average

Saturday 17th June – Watered Gallop

General Hazard (led)(Hard Driven), Instant karma (blinkered, one paced), Towerlands Park (burst 5L clear) – 6f
    - A good piece of work saw all three have strong gallops, but Towerlands Park opened up impressively to burst clear of his two companions.

Freebe Rocks, Taurean Dancer (best, learning), Sepoy x Luluti (needs time) – 5f

Rays The Money, Ronald R – 6f
    - Fair work upsides, Ronald R was off bridle

Big Orange – 6f Solo

Maori Bob, Winston C (good work) – 6f
    - A nice gallop with both horses going nicely on the bridle

William Haggas

Friday 16th June – Al Bahathri

Coconut Creme (led), On Her Toes (Pat Cosgrave)(impressed) – 7f
    - A nice piece of work and On Her Toes looked in very good form as she stretched 2L clear under a hand ride. She has been aimed at the Sandringham for sometime and should have a big chance, Coconut Creme who is entered in the Ribblesdale was just found out for speed.

Al Neksh (Georgia Cox)(led at nice pace), The Grand Visir, Call To Mind (Liam Jones)(best) – 9f
    Three nice staying sorts went through their paces at a nice gallop with Call To Mind travelling nicely at the end of the gallop.

Exceed And Excel x Nianga, Mosseyb (Epaulette x Allegrissimo) – 6f

Bahlwan (hooded), Green Fortune (Pat Cosgrave)(best) – 6f

Second Lot – Limekilns

Mubtasim (quickened clear), Raucous – 6f
    *- Good gallop and Mubtasim picked up his lead horse in impressive style and went clear

Mojito (Georgia Cox)(led), Lockheed (Pat Cosgrave), Rivet (Andrea Atzeni) – 7f Good Work
    *-Mojito has had problems but led the two nice colts here, Rivet was shaken up but was marginally on top of Lockheed who went nicely, the pair were 1.5L in front of Mojito.

Ertiyad (Pat Cosgrave)(Sat in behind), Cavatina (Andrea Atzeni), Regina Nostra (Georgia Cox), Validator, Invincible Spirit x Rain Flower (Liam Jones)(best) – 5f bunched
    - William put some nice 2yo fillies through their paces and whilst Ascot entry Ertiyad just followed up in behind, the Invincible Spirit filly looked really nice, she quickened up best going on by 2L with the other fillies in a line of 3 behind, with Validator hard ridden. These look nice sorts.

Jurran (Andrea Atzeni), Headway (impressed)(Pat Cosgrave), Dawn Approach x Laqataat (Liam Jones), Learn By Heart (Georgia Cox)(Very smart sort) – 5f
    - The last group up after another changeover were 4 very smart colts. Ascot bound Headway worked very nicely opening up by the best part of 3L but the others weren’t given a hard time. Not for the first time, Learn By Heart caught the eye with his massive stride. I would be surprised if all of these aren’t 90+ horses.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

Eleanora Duse (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Do you think Learn by Heart will go for the Chesham?

His half-brother Call to Mind is still entered for the King Edward. I think he's a nice horse but not certain to get 12f. We have no idea how far Memory (their dam) would have stayed and none of her produce have won over further than 8f (admittedly only 1 has run over further).

Any sign of the other brother Recorder? I noticed he got an entry for the Eclipse.

Thanks
    As far as I know Recorder is not in full work, he certainly hasn't been in the yard for the last 6 weeks and definitely not been doing any serious work lately. I will ask my contact, but I suspect he is injured.

Learn By Heart is in the Chesham so therefore I think will likely run in it, I wish he wouldn't though as bar Churchill it's been a race very few horses really progress from and he is a very nice horse. Call To Mind is not quick enough for 10f, but he would be good enough to go close, he will easily get 12f but I'm not sure he is good enough to win the King Edward. I suppose that is William's dilemma. I would rather connections waited for the 1m 5f Bahrain Trophy at Newmarket next month, where he would tank home.

Thanks
    Flame - any chance the unnamed 70s rated filly of Aidan's was Old Time Waltz?

Thanks
    Yes Dan it was.

Thanks
    Been busy all week, so sorry these from last week are late. Will be this weeks early next week but with Ascot on , not been much happening

Tuesday 13th June

Ed Dunlop – Watered Gallop

Manjaam (led), Mulzim (best, 3/4L) – 7f
    - A reasonable gallop where Ascot bound Manjaam went okay, but he was done for speed by Mulzim who quickened up very nicely.

Weloof (bleeder), Capricious Cantor (went nicely) – 7f

Michael’s Mount (led), Trip To Paris (easily best) – 7f

Hugo Palmer – Watered Gallop

Baydar, Best Of Days (James Doyle) – 8f

Heron, Cariagrad – 8f

Majoris, Fibonacci (2L best) – 8f

Nadia Glory (Oasis Dream x Soon), For Henry (Galileo x Chachamaidee)(Nice Type) - 7f 3yo Fillies
    - For Henry named after the late great Henry Cecil has had problems but this 2yo filly completed her latest gallop in good style.

Wednesday 14th June

Saeed Bin Suroor – Watered Gallop

Bin Battuta, Tamleek (in good form) – 8f

Good Run, Leshlaa (SDS) - 8f

Migyaas (led), Game Starter (Best) – 8f

Youmkin, Steady Pace (Burst Clear) – 9f

Big Tour, Golden Goal – 8f

Sir Michael Stoute – Al Bahathri

City Joy (Ryan Moore), Ballet Concerto (1/2L best) – 8f

Mirage Dancer (Andrea Atzeni) kicked clear of Shabbah – 8f

Ulysses, Dartmouth (3/4L best) – 8f

Jeremy Noseda – Al Bahathri

Intrepidity (led), Winning Ways (2L clear) – 6f
    Abe Lincoln worked 2L better than Sixties Groove – 7f

John Gosden – Al Bahathri

Face The Facts (led), Stradivarius 1m

The Black Princess (led), Daban – 7f

Muntaha (J Crowley) – 8f solo

Coronet followed up Laugh Aloud – 8f

Gymnaste – 7f

GM Hopkins – 8f

Taqdeer (led), Chessman (went clear) – 6f

Wasatch Range, Weekender (best) – 8f

Gracious Diana, Astronomy’s Choice (travelled well) – 8f

Friday 16th June

Hugo Palmer – Watered Gallop

Dream Ballad (moderate), Calibri (Michael Hills)(went 2L clear) – 7f

Wordsearch (Louis Steward), Harlow (Josephine Gordon)(Impressively went clear) – 7f
    - Harlow is one to bet when he runs over a mile having not stayed 10f last time, he worked impressively here.

Power To Excel, Its A Wish (Nice type)(Invincible Spirit x Sun Bittern) – 6f

Desheer, Temeda, Corrosive (nice sort) – 7f

Afandem (James Doyle) – 5f

Saturday 17th June

David Lanigan – Watered Gallop

Kasperenko, Mishari (Steve Donohoe), Kuiper Belt (Tom Queally) – 7f

Acker Bilk, Light Of Joy (pushed clear) – 7f

Perplexed (led), Get Go, Tranquil Soul (Tom Queally)(2L best) – 7f

Thunder North (Tom Queally) went clear of Dawn Sky – 6f

Luca Cumani – Watered Gallop

Aljazeerah & Materialistic (Luke Morris) went nicely over 7f

Near Kettering (looks in great form), Total Star (Jamie Spencer) 7f

Michael Bell – Watered Gallop

Flying Sparke (Hayley Turner)(Went 4L clear), Becuna (Led) – 6f
    - A very nice speedy 2yo filly called Flying Sparke really impressed under Hayley Turner bursting clear of it’s lead.

Regards

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

2017diary (28th June 2017), Carl (24th June 2017), fonz (24th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Gallop Reports

Michael Bell

Wednesday 14th June – Watered Gallop

Hanningfield, Rays The Money – 6f
    - A routine gallop with Hanningfield leading and maintaining a 1.5L lead throughout with Rays The Money following up on the bridle, nice work.

Saturday 17th June – Watered Gallop

Rays The Money, Ronald R – 6f
    - Fair work upsides, Ronald R was off bridle

[/I]
    TYVM

Thanks
    Super information, thanks Flame

Thanks
    Sir Michael Stoute

Wednesday 31st May (Limekilns)

Thikriyaat (led), Poet’s Word (Impressed) – 8f
    Dubka (Ryan Moore)(One paced), Abingdon (Ted Durcan)(Burst clear) – 8f

And again, thanks

Thanks
    Gallop Reports Extra 20th – 24th June

Charlie Appleby

20th June – Moulton Paddocks

Folk Tale (led), Jazirat (last), Masar (impressed) – 6f
    A strong gallop and Masar blew out for the Chesham in good style morning the best of three nice 7f colts. He was value for 2/3L over Folk Tale who is steadily improving and who was 1/2L up on Jazirat who should make his debut next week.

Michael Bell

21st June – Watered Gallop

Freebe Rocks (Danny Brock), Highlight Reel (Jamie Spencer)(Impressed) – 6f
    - A nice piece of work and Highlight Reel caught the eye as he stretched on by a couple of lengths ahead of Freebe Rocks who was pushed out by his rider.

Hot Off The Press (led), First Drive, Flying Sparkle – 6f
    - A nice gallop where Hot Off The Press led at a good gallop and was joined either side by First Drive who travelled nicely and Flying Sparkle who spooked at a bird after a furlong and got unbalanced. However at the end of the gallop Flying Sparkle picked up smartly and went by travelling best of the trio.

Ice Dancing (best), Babamunchkin – 7f
    - These are very moderate

24th June – Watered Gallop

Namirah (led), Arabian Jazz (Danny Brock)(Went 4L clear easily) – 6f
    - A strong gallop where Arabian Jazz put herself spot on for Tuesday at Beverley with an impressive gallop. She will relish the step up in trip at Beverley and having missed Royal Ascot with a minor setback she has been impressing lately and is one to keep on the right side of.

First Drive (led), Al Sultanah (hooded)(last), Flying Sparkle (Hayley Turner)(best) – 6f
    - A nice gallop and First Drive went a strong gallop up front, Al Sultanah was hard ridden and dropped away. Flying Sparkle who is a very nice prospect picked up nicely under Hayley Turner to move through on the bridle late in the gallop going easily the best as they pulled up.

Taurean Star – 7f Solo

Instant Karma (Louis Steward), Batts Rock – 8f
    - Instant Karma worked nicely this morning travelling about 3/4L better than Batts Rock.

Fabricate (Hayley Turner)(Best), Bivouac – 8f

Becuna (led), Shimmering Light (improving), Quinquereme (last) – 8f
    - Not a great gallop but Becuna worked ok and Shimmering Light appears to have improved since her fair debut.

Owen Burrows

23rd June – Kingswood

Tanasoq (led), Manthoor, Bawaasil (best) – 6f

Azaly (led), Mubajal (impressed) – 7f

Waqaad (led), Alfawaris, Quloob (best) – 8f

Mick Channon

20th June – Summer Gallops

Jersey Breeze (led), Maksab (Sylvester De Sousa)(Burst 5L clear impressively), Zain City (Candy Morris), Beer With The Boys (Graham Lee) – 6f
    A strong 6f gallop led by solid handicapper Jersey Breeze. SDS was in to sit on Maksab before heading to Royal Ascot and he seriously impressed. Green on debut he worked with Mick’s nicest 2yo’s and impressively worked 5L clear. SDS asked to ride this horse when it runs and Mick is pulling him out the Chesham to go to Leicester next Tuesday where SDS will ride. He is a very classy colt. Graham was pleased with Beer With The Boys who will want a mile and Zain City also worked good in a strong gallop.

Bossy Guest, Moonraker, Stringybark Creek (best) – 6f

James Fanshawe

21st June – Limekilns

King Of Naples (led), Star Storm (Tom Queally), Higher Power (Hayley Turner)(Impressed) – 9f
    - James Fanshawe had his workers out at 5.30am as he worked Higher Power ahead of a possible tilt at the Northumberland Plate. He worked nicely here, going on by 3L by Star Storm who in turn pulled clear of his lead.

Regards
    Last edited by Flame; 28th June 2017 at 6:18 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

2017diary (27th June 2017), Colin Phillips (27th June 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maksab wins, thanks, Flame.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Seconded

Thanks
    Is anyone putting these in a tracker?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Is anyone putting these in a tracker?
    Some of them, also been lucky to have lots of free time every day to check & see things eg noticing that Rays the Money had Ronald R off the bridle the other day