Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Thanks
    If PM is fully recovered from his small set back I would find it hard to spilt them. I would be happy enough with Footpad winning and PM getting a good run out. If that happens PM will be the value bet for Cheltenham.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    When we were doing the Cheltenham accie thing on here I did mixed accies starting of with Both plus Sceau Royal at big prices in the first leg and Buvi and Faugheen in the next...I have a sneaky feeling I might get the first 2 legs up but strange things happen at Chelters
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Not a hope he runs in Sun Alliance.

Got that completely wrong -king sized piece of humble pie to accompany the financial kicking I got this weekend.

Thanks
    Is he RSA bound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is this a Monty Python Sketch........wtf are you 2 talking about

Not Sceaux Royal surely?
    Last edited by Tanlic; 4th February 2018 at 6:36 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Monalee Tanlic!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggers1972 For This Useful Post:

Tanlic (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    The time has come to try & second guess what Mullins will do with Al Boum & Invitation Only for the festival!
    Options of the JLT & the RSA. I reckon he'll split them up. Appears the JLT will be the 'easier' option if Monalee & Presenting Percy are RSA bound.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Appears the JLT will be the 'easier' option if Monalee & Presenting Percy are RSA bound.
    Must be a possibility Monalee himself goes for the JLT, in which case the RSA becomes the easier option.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    It wouldn’t even be an upset

What did you think of the race? Considering the lay off I thought Petit Mouchoir ranwell enough to say that with normal improvement there won't be much between the 2.

I just wonder will Daryl Jacob be on Footpad or Sceau Royal. Bit weird he never went to Ireland to ride Footpad as he did go to Navan 2 back.
    Both he and Henderson had sever doubts if Terrefort would be good enough in the Scilly Isles and Barry Geraghty could have subsidised for him had he gone across the water.

Maybe I am missing something with the riding arrangements he has?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jacob only has the retainer on the English Munir/Souede horses. The Footpad ride was always going to Townend in Walsh’s absence.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Must be a possibility Monalee himself goes for the JLT, in which case the RSA becomes the easier option.
    Henry said RSA most likely immediately post race although I think the owner left options open.

Al Boum Photo ran like a stayer to me. I can't make up my mind about Invitation Only. They've liked him for a couple of years now but he doesn't seem to finish off his races no matter what the distance.
    Last edited by archie; 5th February 2018 at 10:24 AM.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks

Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    What did you think of the race? Considering the lay off I thought Petit Mouchoir ranwell enough to say that with normal improvement there won't be much between the 2.

I just wonder will Daryl Jacob be on Footpad or Sceau Royal. Bit weird he never went to Ireland to ride Footpad as he did go to Navan 2 back.

Ruby will be on Footpad come March if he’s back fit again. Jacob has retainer in the UK. It musn’t be understated how Footpad made his own running and done it the hard way last Saturday either. In the Arkle he will get a lead, if he wants it, from a more tuned up PM. Townend wasn’t happy with the pace early on so set out to make his own.

I think Davy Russell summed it up well post race.

“I know he's run well but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed as we thought he was the best at the start of the season and now it looks like there's one better than him,"

Last edited by Kauto Abu; 5th February 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    Ruby will be on Footpad come March if he’s back fit again. Jacob has retainer in the UK. It musn’t be understated how Footpad made his own running and done it the hard way last Saturday either. In the Arkle he will get a lead, if he wants it, from a more tuned up PM. Townend wasn’t happy with the pace early on so set out to make his own.

I think Davy Russell summed it up well post race.

“I know he's run well but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed as we thought he was the best at the start of the season and now it looks like there's one better than him,"

If they can sort out Petit jumping he will give Footpad a proper scare in March.

Thanks

Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    If they can sort out Petit jumping he will give Footpad a proper scare in March.
    In general I don’t think there’s much wrong with Petit Mouchoir’s jumping. He was foot perfect on debut at Punchestown but such is the quality of Footpad’s jumping he forces others into mistakes because they’re being asked to close up. Footpad is absolutely winging fences and making lengths so the opposition are trying to keep tabs on him, hence the mistakes. He has improved markably for the transition to fences. I haven’t been as impressed with a novice chaser since Sprinter Sacre.

Last edited by Kauto Abu; 5th February 2018 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    More a case of settling PM than doing too much with his jumping

He was like a wild tiger before the off and jumped the first 2 all riled up
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I plan to watch the race again but I got the impression PM was just weighing up Footpad the other day.

They might conclude PM can't turn the form around but I don't think he was there to have a hard race.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 5th February 2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kauto you may have won 5 KG's but that does not give you the right to commit Blasphemy.....Footpad more exciting that Douvan or Altior? The latter perhaps but the former..........c'mon mate I can only assume you just got out of bed.

Not finished with you yet......Davy Russell?? are you kidding Davy Russell tell you something like that pre Cheltenham you take it with a pinch of salt...I remember Davy saying exactly the same thing about Windsor Park when he was second to Windsor Park and Red Walsh laughing at him..we all know what happened at Cheltenham..

I think we're in for a belter of a race between the big 4 and Sceaux Royal who was the least mature of the four last year will come out on top. (Got f all to do with age Grassy you looney)
    Last edited by Tanlic; 5th February 2018 at 12:38 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I plan to watch the race again but I got the impression PM was just weighing up Footpad the other day.

They might conclude PM can't turn the form around but I don't think he was there to have a hard race.
    Just watching it now DO, and while Davy never really got after PM and never raised the whip once, I just don't think PM is as good as Footpad over fences.
    My view on the Arkle come March is that Footpad will need to make a mistake for PM to turn the form around. Can PM get a bit closer - yes he probably can. But Footpad wasn't fully extended yesterday either. Sceaux Royal could still be a player in March I suppose, but of the 2 yesterday I'd be confidently siding with Footpad, even at the prices. At his current EVS, I'll be including Footpad in my multiples.

Thanks
    PM was borderline psychotic in the parade ring pre-race so amazed he ran as well as he did. Hopefully he's better behaved in March and gets very close to Footpad...

Thanks
    Yeah I wouldn’t listen to Russell. He’d sell his own Grandmother down the river. It’s clear to everyone he was ridden with another day in mind. Whether there’s enough improvement to trouble Footpad is difficult to weigh up.

A very interesting element of this will be the tactics on race day. As a PM backer I’d love to see him get an easy lead and dictate this. He’d be very hard to pass if the jumping held up.