Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2332

Thread: The Long Shot Thread

Thanks
    3.35 Kempton
    Romain de Senam has drifted to a price that qualifies him for this thread. Generally disappointing over the last couple of years but he did get back to winning ways last time out suggesting that a step up in trip was what he needed
    20/1 taken (ew 4 places with Power)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Outsider (23rd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    3.35 Kempton
    Romain de Senam has drifted to a price that qualifies him for this thread. Generally disappointing over the last couple of years but he did get back to winning ways last time out suggesting that a step up in trip was what he needed
    20/1 taken (ew 4 places with Power)

I dont know what to think today.ive backed it but in a way I'd like it to just run well as I've backed it at 33s for the browns advisory at Cheltenham.doesnt have a good record at Cheltenham though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I've backed San Benedeto for the big race at Newbury on Saturday, 25/1 ew.

I have genuine G1 ratings for this on its best form and have put it up on the thread before only to end up putting it in the non-triers' thread

I have no idea if it will run or if this is the season's big target for it but I do know Nicholls targets the race and this is one of just three entries.

To be honest, though, I didn't have it at the forefront of my mind until I saw Paul Kealy headlining it so thought I'd better get on fast before it shortens up.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 27th February 2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (27th February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

I have genuine G1 ratings for this on its best form and have put it up on the thread before only to end up putting it in the non-triers' thread

I have no idea if it will run or if this is the season's big target for it but I do know Nicholls targets the race and this is one of just three entries.

To be honest, though, I didn't have it at the forefront of my mind until I saw Paul Kealy headlining it so thought I'd better get on fast before it shortens up.
    San Benedetto also entered in 888 chase at Doncaster (past C&D Winner) 2:25pm on same day. He's as short as 5/1 for that with only 9 runners and it's probably a more suitable distance for this horse - in terms of when he's shown his previous best form.

Thanks
    Yes, DH. I saw that. PK also tips it for that race and is basically saying he fancies it for whichever it runs in. It is probably going to be typical of my luck that it goes to Donny and wins and I'm not on it. at 5/1 or so for the latter race I can wait until Saturday for a bet. I just think he cold halve in price ahead of Newbury as it does look to me a more suitable race than for the other two Nicholls entries.

Thanks
    I just think [San Benedeto] could halve in price ahead of Newbury as it does look to me a more suitable race than for the other two Nicholls entries.
    Happy enough to see:

a) He's opted for this rather than Doncaster;
    b) He's now best-price 14/1, shortest 11/1

I'm not convinced Scholfield screams 'trier' though. I might lay it off tomorrow if it goes to a single figure price.

Thanks
    Good luck D.O I'm sure I had a decent bet on this one when he was very disappointing lto, I toyed with the idea of him or Mercian Prince and might yet have a few quid on them but I'm half tempted to play the exotics in this race as there are a few I fancy. The only one I've backed up to yet though is Shanahan's turn at 33/1. Although he ran a stinker over 2 miles recently his run in the Sefton was a lot better than it looked really going well in that until slipping on landing. Before that he'd run to within 7 lengths of Charbel and Baron Alco who both won strong contests nto. That was off a mark of 137 and he's dropped to 130 here + Tizzard deploys a 7lb claimer so realistically a stone in dead weight better off than he was against that decent pair. You could make a case of course that he is being laid out once more for another crack at the Topham which he ran a good second in last year however you'd have to think that Tizzard is more than aware that if his horse runs a stinker here and gets dropped anymore in the handicap there is always a danger that he wouldn't even make the cut for the Topham in April.

He's not the most reliable sort but a couple of his best runs have come at Aintree which is very similar to Newbury in configuration so hoping he might be on a going day I thought 33's with 5 places available worth a shot.

Apologies if I haven't been posting much I've been busy with the new Job and also a few personal problems to deal with atm but hopefully I'll be doing a bit more horse racing stuff once things have settled down.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Danny; 1st March 2019 at 11:44 PM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (2nd March 2019)

Thanks

I'm not convinced Scholfield screams 'trier' though. I might lay it off tomorrow if it goes to a single figure price.
    Also meant to say according to Nicholls blog Cobbers was due to ride him until they decided Getaway Trump was going to Kelso. Imo he might have a wasted trip.
    Last edited by Danny; 1st March 2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Good luck D.O I'm sure I had a decent bet on this one when he was very disappointing lto, I toyed with the idea of him or Mercian Prince and might yet have a few quid on them but I'm half tempted to play the exotics in this race as there are a few I fancy. The only one I've backed up to yet though is Shanahan's turn at 33/1. Although he ran a stinker over 2 miles recently his run in the Sefton was a lot better than it looked really going well in that until slipping on landing. Before that he'd run to within 7 lengths of Charbel and Baron Alco who both won strong contests nto. That was off a mark of 137 and he's dropped to 130 here + Tizzard deploys a 7lb claimer so realistically a stone in dead weight better off than he was against that decent pair. You could make a case of course that he is being laid out once more for another crack at the Topham which he ran a good second in last year however you'd have to think that Tizzard is more than aware that if his horse runs a stinker here and gets dropped anymore in the handicap there is always a danger that he wouldn't even make the cut for the Topham in April.

He's not the most reliable sort but a couple of his best runs have come at Aintree which is very similar to Newbury in configuration so hoping he might be on a going day I thought 33's with 5 places available worth a shot.

Apologies if I haven't been posting much I've been busy with the new Job and also a few personal problems to deal with atm but hopefully I'll be doing a bit more horse racing stuff once things have settled down.

Good luck.
    Cheers, Danny.

I reckon this might be Shanahan's Turn's next step in his prep for the Topham myself. I wouldn't be surprised if he took in a festival race en route.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 2nd March 2019 at 1:50 AM.

Thanks
    The exchange negativity suggests I'm farting against thunder in backing Master Dee (22/1, 27 exchange) to back up San Benedeto.

Much was made last year of Geraghty's 100% record for the trainer so when I saw him booked for this I thought I'd be doing well to get 10/1 but he looks very weak in the market but still worth some sickness insurance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    I've taken a pop at Azzuri in the same race at 40/1 ew 5 places.

There are bits and bobs of his Irish form that suggest he shouldn't be that kind of price and how often does a Dan/Harry Skelton runner go off at that kind of price in a decent handicap?

Just a small bet, though, for a wee bit of value.

Thanks

Excellent shout hope you didn’t lay off

Thanks
    Excellent stuff DO . Great shout

Thanks
    Thanks, viking. No, I forgot!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (2nd March 2019), viking (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done DO.nice price.

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    You too, O/s.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Cracking stuff guys

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simmo For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (2nd March 2019), Outsider (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Brilliant stuff Desert Orchid

28. The Following User Says Thank You to nickf88 For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Quality calls guys. Well done
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (3rd March 2019), Outsider (2nd March 2019)