Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2332

Thread: The Long Shot Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 973 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Thirsk 3:55 Computable. An interesting outsider...now gelded and dropped in the handicap, I reckon this will out run its odds today, (about 16 / 20 /1). Good luck.
    I missed this.really good run,well picked.

Thanks
    A couple of good picks lately Dan and a nice one from Marb too although I wish marbs hadn't run quite as well as it did I put 4 in a combi trifecta and hit the 1-2-4-5 , shame I missed marbs post.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cheers. Computable is right up there as high priority on my tracker list now. I eagerly await his next entry! My other trackers include Pretty Jewel whose run when beating Ingleby Hollow stood out as good form. Both those horses have scored in the last weeks or so. Explain and Gossiping are two others I'm expecting to win races this season. We'll see which one's of those two gets declared for the first handicap at Chester on Friday. I'm hoping to only see Gossiping's name in the final declarations, Explain does have course form at Chester though, so it's not implausible he might take his chance with a low weight.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2018 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Thirsk 3:55 Computable. An interesting outsider...now gelded and dropped in the handicap, I reckon this will out run its odds today, (about 16 / 20 /1). Good luck.
    Nice one Marble!
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I put HEROES WELCOME 600tipp up last night at 20/1 and its drifted out to 28/1 which is a bad sign considering its trained by tony martin for JP so ive had another bet on him at 16/1 in bet 365s extra place market 9places.
    He caught my eye a couple of times and he steps up in trip tonight on his 2nd hcap start.
    Of course tony martin is the only one that knows if his hcap mark is too high or nottime will tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I put HEROES WELCOME 600tipp up last night at 20/1 and its drifted out to 28/1 which is a bad sign considering its trained by tony martin for JP so ive had another bet on him at 16/1 in bet 365s extra place market 9places.
    He caught my eye a couple of times and he steps up in trip tonight on his 2nd hcap start.
    Of course tony martin is the only one that knows if his hcap mark is too high or nottime will tell.
    Drifted to 33s and then backed into 8/1 and finished last..its a funny old game.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Danny (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    Haydock 2.00 Enniscoffey Oscar should outrun the 20/1 available with Bet365 (and others) back at 3n on a flat track with decent ground. Not sure he's well handicapped enough to win but worth an e/w punt at the price

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (12th May 2018), swedish chef (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,734 Posts
    Asc 4.00 Firmament ew 22/1 - I have another longshot in the race but am waiting to see if I can get at least 33/1, maybe 40/1, later this morning. In the meantime, Firmament is my main saver and I toyed with making him the main bet (but that vote goes to Keyser Soze from earlier on the thread). Firmament has never won at seven furlongs but four of his top six RPRs have been at the trip and he was unlucky not to win a couple of them. He’s 7lbs lower than when recording the two top figures so he has to be taken seriously here but in a field of 29 he’ll also need a bit of luck. We also know O'Meara likes to raid these big races here and Tudhope comes down for it when he could have a possible winner in So Beloved at Haydock.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Warwick 6.30. Paddy's Runner has slipped well below his last winning mark and Harry Stock takes off a useful 5 lbs. Today's good ground will suit, and this is a weak looking race, with easy reasons to get all of those at the head of the market beaten. If you also consider he would have won all bar 3 or 4 of all the races he's contested off this mark with the 5lb claim he looks to be outstanding value. There could be one or two hiding behind a good mark early in their careers but there's no early money for them, so 33/1 each way for Paddy's Runner looks huge.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

swedish chef (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Hay 2.00 Sir Mangan ew 28/1 - I think I may have mentioned this one before on the thread. I have him within a pound of my top-rated horse (which I'm opposing, perhaps to my cost) on his earlier hurdles form this season and I'm hoping the first-time blinkers and better ground will allow him to rediscover that level.

Hay 3.10 All Set To Go ew 20/1 - Another I've mentioned before on the thread. He's very well handicapped on his form for Paul Nicholls before his enforced absence and for once it seems there's money for him today.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

swedish chef (12th May 2018), viking (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Asc 4.00 Firmament ew 22/1 - I have another longshot in the race but am waiting to see if I can get at least 33/1, maybe 40/1, later this morning.
    The other in the race is Masham Star ew 33/1 - there is no chance of better than 33s with two of the first few in the betting non-runners. Masham Star (apparently it’s pronounced ‘Massam’) is riskier than Firmament but the price offers compensation for the risks. He could simply be a Johnston ‘special’. He gets to race off no less than 15lbs lower than his rising AW mark but by the end of July last season he had recorded six RPR turf performances of 100 and more, peaking at 106 at Newmarket in July. He had been off 101 on turf in the first half of the season. He gets to race off just 88 here. He hit form in May last season after some moderate runs in Dubai and one on the AW at Newcastle.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like Masham star too Des and already have a little involvement in him. In the Victoria cup though there are 2 proper long shots I like Burnt Sugar 80/1 and Brilliant Vangard 100/1 probably keener on the former as think he might be drawn better and BV could really do with the mile here but worth a pop at that price imo. Sorry no time for reasoning again but thought I'd flag them as worth having a look at.
    Last edited by Danny; 12th May 2018 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    Hexham 2.20 Voila Eric 25/1 W.HILL - Split, Report To Base (139) & Brave Eagle (134) in a PTP 2 years ago. Was tailed off in a flat race on only run under rues last year but betting suggested better was expected. No doubt what ever happened in that race is the reason he hasn't seen a racecourse for 15 months. Hopefully he is much better than that and problems have been sorted out?
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Im a sucker for punishment,bad draw and too much weight but ive just done THE GRAPE ESCAPE 28/1 10place market bet 365

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Running total

W -6. P +8.25. Total +2.25

Couple of selections today in the low grade races away from the main meetings.

Thirsk 5.45 Kodimoor 40/1 B365, Betway and Coral. 1/4 1-3

This looks a decent little race for the grade with some of the usual northern names you'd expect. Kodimoor is a horse I know a bit about and if I'm honest I'm a bit surprised he's turned out to be a 50s handicapper.

The rational today is mainly price related. I think he's overpriced and should be a 16s or 20/1 shot. He's had a couple of runs over the last month and should now be race sharp. He gets the assistance of Rob Fitzpatrick who has won on him before and he ran ok last time at Ponte in a slightly higher grade.

We're talking exposed handicappers and a lot of the form is intertwined, so there's little point attempting to unravel it. There's a couple of others in the field such as Groundworker and Culloden who could be better win prospects but I'm siding with Kodimoor. I don't believe he's pace dependent and if anything, I suspect he could be back in the field early and will hopefully be running on late with them stopping up front.

Good luck.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanB88 For This Useful Post:

PRICEWISE2008 (12th May 2018), swedish chef (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Haydock 2.00 Enniscoffey Oscar should outrun the 20/1 available with Bet365 (and others) back at 3n on a flat track with decent ground. Not sure he's well handicapped enough to win but worth an e/w punt at the price
    Not too sure as watching on mobile with no commentary but it looked like he had every chance but fluffed the last and just got ran out of the places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Asc 4.00 Firmament ew 22/1 - I have another longshot in the race but am waiting to see if I can get at least 33/1, maybe 40/1, later this morning. In the meantime, Firmament is my main saver and I toyed with making him the main bet (but that vote goes to Keyser Soze from earlier on the thread). Firmament has never won at seven furlongs but four of his top six RPRs have been at the trip and he was unlucky not to win a couple of them. He’s 7lbs lower than when recording the two top figures so he has to be taken seriously here but in a field of 29 he’ll also need a bit of luck. We also know O'Meara likes to raid these big races here and Tudhope comes down for it when he could have a possible winner in So Beloved at Haydock.
    The other in the race is Masham Star ew 33/1 - there is no chance of better than 33s with two of the first few in the betting non-runners. Masham Star (apparently it’s pronounced ‘Massam’) is riskier than Firmament but the price offers compensation for the risks. He could simply be a Johnston ‘special’. He gets to race off no less than 15lbs lower than his rising AW mark but by the end of July last season he had recorded six RPR turf performances of 100 and more, peaking at 106 at Newmarket in July. He had been off 101 on turf in the first half of the season. He gets to race off just 88 here. He hit form in May last season after some moderate runs in Dubai and one on the AW at Newcastle.
    Fvck. Second and third on the wrong side.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I like Masham star too Des and already have a little involvement in him. In the Victoria cup though there are 2 proper long shots I like Burnt Sugar 80/1 and Brilliant Vangard 100/1 probably keener on the former as think he might be drawn better and BV could really do with the mile here but worth a pop at that price imo. Sorry no time for reasoning again but thought I'd flag them as worth having a look at.
    Good run for your money with burnt sugar.Danny

Thanks
    Yes mate didn't think he was given the best of rides in truth. At one point today I saw he went 100/1 which was absolutely insane. Really fancied him today but alas it wasn't to be.

Not really surprised Brilliant Vangard didn't feature but hopefully he'll get dropped a couple of pounds and be a similar price for the hunt cup.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    Warwick 6.30. Paddy's Runner has slipped well below his last winning mark and Harry Stock takes off a useful 5 lbs. Today's good ground will suit, and this is a weak looking race, with easy reasons to get all of those at the head of the market beaten. If you also consider he would have won all bar 3 or 4 of all the races he's contested off this mark with the 5lb claim he looks to be outstanding value. There could be one or two hiding behind a good mark early in their careers but there's no early money for them, so 33/1 each way for Paddy's Runner looks huge.
    Paddy's Runner was backed in to 10/1, so there was no shortage of money for him. Unfortunately he was made to do too much work early to get his position and faded into fifth after the last. He'll be winning soon though, probably over a slightly shorter trip, and possibly with a better jockey in the plate.