Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ante-Post - Flat 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Good luck, Fonz.
    Goldream ran well first time out and is a danger to all.
    Goldream went close.

I flagged up Priceless early last season when she ran second in a big handicap at 33's, before she stepped up in class.

I'm not sure who I'd have in a rematch between Goldream and Priceless at Ascot?

Thanks
    goldream lost the race in the start, will reverse the form at ascot

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm seeing it that way too. But I like Priceless. I'd hate to see her win again when I'm not on!
    Last edited by Marb; 27th May 2017 at 4:52 PM.

Thanks
    I doubt the principals today will be near the front end at Ascot. Harry Angel will though and 9/2 is too big for the CC for all that Caravaggio looks a monster. Price diff is wrong.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I doubt the principals today will be near the front end at Ascot. Harry Angel will though and 9/2 is too big for the CC for all that Caravaggio looks a monster. Price diff is wrong.
    Think that's fair.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Betting market told its own story about Our Channel, friendless in the betting. He'll be interesting when he hits a bit of form over a mile on turf, probably not the Lincoln, but I reckon he'll come good at some point, (over a mile).
    Switched to Irish trainer Amanda Mooney from Jamie Osborne's; runs over a mile at the Curragh in the 5:30 Sunday, with first time hood on.

The right bet might be to trade lay/off some of the bet in running, because his prominent racing style could see him go a lot lower than the current 33/1 offered.. No real surprise to me if he out runs his odds.
    Last edited by Marb; 27th May 2017 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Switched to Irish trainer Amanda Mooney from Jamie Osborne's; runs over a mile at the Curragh in the 5:30 Sunday, with first time hood on.

The right bet might be to trade lay/off some of the bet in running, because his prominent racing style could see him go a lot lower than the current 33/1 offered.. No real surprise to me if he out runs his odds.
    Corals and Ladbrokes 1/5th the odds the first four on a 21 runner handicap, shocking, (should be illegal!).
    Last edited by Marb; 27th May 2017 at 10:13 PM.

SlimChance
    Corals and Ladbrokes 1/5th the odds the first four on a 21 runner handicap, shocking, (should be illegal!).
    Are you sure it wasn't 1/5 first 5?
    Last edited by SlimChance; 28th May 2017 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep says it at the bottom of the odds table on oddschecker, Slim.

Thanks
    It's become quite common for layers to go a 5th and offer more places. Sky have started going 1/5 for 6 places on some big handicaps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah its first 5 with Ladbrokes and Corals 1/5th odds. I might get 100/1 Our Channel e/w yet. I'm probably taking much too big a chance as it might need the run having only been with new trainer for a week. But you have to be prepared to speculate to accumulate on these types of outsiders.
    Last edited by Marb; 28th May 2017 at 12:17 PM.

SlimChance
    Yep says it at the bottom of the odds table on oddschecker, Slim.
    Badly worded my post. You said 1/5 4 places. As others have said 1/5 5 is now standard because the books are being far tighter on place overrounds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Marb (28th May 2017)

Thanks
    It'll be a sad day if B365 ever start going a 1/5 odds on Saturday h'caps, There'll be no going back for us all then.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Valentana e/w is my cover bet. Having two running for me seems sensible.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    It'll be a sad day if B365 ever start going a 1/5 odds on Saturday h'caps, There'll be no going back for us all then.
    Try getting a multiple on with them e/w on those races. It's so much harder than it used to be.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 28th May 2017 at 6:39 PM.

Thanks
    After the weekends racing at the Curragh, the runs of Would Be King and Commander Grigio both paying a nice compliment to Beckford.
    In the Coventry market, Brother Bear 6/1, Beckford at 14/1 makes a lot of appeal to my eye.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by hezz View Post
    After the weekends racing at the Curragh, the runs of Would Be King and Commander Grigio both paying a nice compliment to Beckford.
    In the Coventry market, Brother Bear 6/1, Beckford at 14/1 makes a lot of appeal to my eye.
    Backed both those bastards last time out.

Problem is Beckford has all three options open to him at Royal Ascot. It's anything but a given he goes to the Coventry.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 29th May 2017 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A horse that could run in Ireland on Saturday, and seems to be rated lower than what its probably worth is Czabo. She came right back to form last time, when beating the Aidan O Brien filly, Somehow. Czabo is owned by the Magniers/David Wachman, trained by Mick Channon, which is an interesting trainer/owner combination. She hasn't been raised for beating Somehow, who is rated 15lb superior to her. I reckon Czabo is an eyecatching entry in The Royal Hunt Cup. She'll need it soft, which she's unlikely to get in mid-June, but you never know. Its happened a few times before. 40/1 with Ladbrokes, worth considering.
    Czabo entered up in two group races at Epsom Saturday, including the Diomed.
    I hope the filly keeps improving for Channon.
    A smart entry given the rain they've had there. She has to have cut in the ground, this one.
    Last edited by Marb; 29th May 2017 at 7:45 PM.

Thanks
    Czabo entered up in two group races at Epsom Saturday, including the Diomed.
    Looks an interesting race. Hills have Here Comes When and Oh This is Us at the top of their market but both are stepping up in trip and look worth taking on. I like Folkswood at 5s. He was too keen over 10f last time out (where he didn't lead) and I like his form from Newmarket in the Earl of Sefton where he wandered and was caught be Steel of Madrid (re-opposes but 3lb worse off). Newmarket is not a good track for front runners and Epsom should suit him more. Trip is his optimum, not afraid of any of his likely opposition.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunybay View Post
    goldream lost the race in the start, will reverse the form at ascot
    If Goldream is the best 5f sprinter we've got we're in a pretty bad way.
    Illegitimi non carborundum