Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christmas funds booster thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Christmas funds booster thread

Ho Ho Ho. My own form has been hit and miss so far this jumps season, but at least better than what I was doing on the flat in the summer. My nap for The Festive Period, is called The Sweeney, who should be running at Ascot on Friday (3:05). He has some cracking placed form, which ties in with some good horses through collateral formlines. Looks like this race is the perfect opportunity for The Sweeney to do the business. He is a very, very well handicapped horse, and he has good form too, which is important. A will win.
    Last edited by Marb; 16th December 2018 at 11:24 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (16th December 2018), Tiny Clanger (17th December 2018)

SlimChance
    Last edited by SlimChance; 17th December 2018 at 9:38 AM.

Thanks
    How do you do that Slim ? I have whats app installed but wouldn't have joined a group chat before apart from people on my contacts list of course.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

SlimChance
    Message me and I'll add you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Ho Ho Ho. My own form has been hit and miss so far this jumps season, but at least better than what I was doing on the flat in the summer. My nap for The Festive Period, is called The Sweeney, who should be running at Ascot on Friday (3:05). He has some cracking placed form, which ties in with some good horses through collateral formlines. Looks like this race is the perfect opportunity for The Sweeney to do the business. He is a very, very well handicapped horse, and he has good form too, which is important. A will win.
    Marb I thought I'd go and have a butchers at this. Firstly going to get the Christmas money on what could be an 18 runner conditional jockey's race is certainly lets say the brave mans route I'm not really sure how you can have him as "very,very well handicapped" he's had 3 attempts off a mark of 122 finished 4th of 7 3rd of 4 and then 3rd of 13 last time after his wind op but was still beaten 14.5L. If you were being kind you could say he went well for a long way and maybe he might of needed the run after a few months off so could improve but this looks like a tougher race and thats a very big if considering his only win came after a couple of months break. Just off the top of my head Hendersons Follow the Bear was going well when coming down last time out and Le musee bumped into what looks like an absolute machine in the shape of Champ lto. Thats a tough contest just against those 2 without even considering the rest. I think you'll get a hell of a price marb if half of these line up so Santa really will be coming to your house if you can pull this off.

Best of luck though Marb.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Outsider (17th December 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Message me and I'll add you
    Done. Cheers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am taking a slight chance the wind operation has brought out some improvement, Danny. However, we will only know for sure on Friday. Apart from his win at Wincanton last season, his placed run when in third the last day, behind the 150+ horse that won it, whose name escapes me, was his best run by a million miles to date; I reckon there is more to come. It's a subjective opinion.
    Last edited by Marb; 17th December 2018 at 12:57 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Danny (17th December 2018), Outsider (17th December 2018)

Thanks
    Can anyone be added Slim??

Thanks
    Gold Present in the listed handicap at Ascot on Saturday.

On first impression his 10L beating on seasonal debut in the 1965 chase at this course looked disappointing but the two horses who finished in front of him that day; Politologue and Charbel are rated 168 and 159 respectivdely and he'd have been significantly worse off with those two horses in a handicap. He's also looked more of a stayer than those two, who surely would have had more speed than him over the c. 3f shorter trip than Saturday's race.

He readily won this race last year off only a 5lb lower mark, giving a 1lb (taking into account Bryony's claim) and a 3L beating to Frodon who's now sure to be rated close to 170. Thereafter his season proved an anti-climax with the weather scuppering his chances in the Ultima - also burts blood vessels - before finding 4 miles with top weight too much in the Scottish National.

Nicky's horses traditionally perform well over the Christmas season and as long as there isn't too much rain around this week - rain forecast tomorrow then light rain on Friday - I'm convinced he can win this again off 152.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Marb (17th December 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ante post bet on this fellow

a horse.jpg
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Saturday's card looks a cracker with a couple of juicy handicaps at Ascot plus the Tommy whittle at Haydock. I'm going to try and put one of these permed multi's together that slim has been talking up. I like them myself and have hit the crossbar with 3 of them in as many weeks. No messing about I'm going for a complete and utter death punch ! Pay for every Christmas from now until they chuck dirt on me ! Will post on Saturday don't get your hopes up like.
    Last edited by Danny; 17th December 2018 at 6:08 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Carl (18th December 2018), Marb (17th December 2018), Outsider (17th December 2018), Therightroad (17th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    If any of you guys land the occasional large sum with a multi, do you not find your account(s) being restricted or even closed ?

Just curious.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    If any of you guys land the occasional large sum with a multi, do you not find your account(s) being restricted or even closed ?

Just curious.
    It would completely depend on the bet. 365 always close me when they spot my multis. Boyles closed me for doing doubles and trebles.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (17th December 2018)

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by chrome View Post
    Can anyone be added Slim??
    I wouldn't get that excited about it. Like all WhatsApp groups it's generally a load of bollocks on there in between smashing **** up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post

Just curious.
    I've found the accounts that I'm getting vastly restricted on are the accounts I use mostly for singles only.

365 I use for multiples tricasts forecast and alsorts last time I checked I was about 15k up for the year and they still play ball. Other accounts I've hardly took a bean off really and they won't lay one banana to two banana.

SlimChance
    If anyone is interested in getting involved with me, I'm looking for 365 accounts where we profit share. Alternatively I'm happy to pay anyone £200 that will guarantee to pay me if I click a big bet. I personally rather the first option.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 18th December 2018 at 4:15 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Saturday's card looks a cracker with a couple of juicy handicaps at Ascot plus the Tommy whittle at Haydock. I'm going to try and put one of these permed multi's together that slim has been talking up. I like them myself and have hit the crossbar with 3 of them in as many weeks. No messing about I'm going for a complete and utter death punch ! Pay for every Christmas from now until they chuck dirt on me ! Will post on Saturday don't get your hopes up like.
    Any opinion on Daklondike, Danny? Been waiting to see this one run as he is a big tracker horse for me. I'm considering whether to get stuck in to the 12/1.

Thanks
    I haven't really had a look at these yet Marb I normally have a look early in the week and take a couple of ante-post positions but not this week. Dalondike off the top of my head was well touted for every staying race at the back end of the season and didn't turn up for anything until the Irish where he pulled up can't remember the circumstances. I'll probably wait for the decs this week mate as I have a bit of a busy week but best of luck to you if your getting involved early.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am tempted to have a bet on him now, the price is shortening, but I am not prepared to lose my stake if by chance he is taken out before the final declarations, so I will probably, put him in a Patent or Trixie on Saturday. See how my punt at Ascot goes on Friday first.
    Last edited by Marb; 18th December 2018 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fist 4 races today you could have retired for life.....what a **** xmas if this keeps up
    Formely Fist of Fury