Thread: ATR Stable Stars 2016/17 Comp

Thanks

ATR Stable Stars 2016/17 Comp

I have set up a private league for anyone interested.
    Talking Horses
    Pin: 10294

https://www.stable-stars.com/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maxbet For This Useful Post:

archie (29th October 2016), Ballydoyle (30th October 2016), Maruco (29th October 2016), NewApproach (4th November 2016)

Thanks
    I'd forgotten I'd seen this - moving back to main page to remind folks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Few days left

Thanks
    As I didn't hit the bullseye in any of DG's competitions, I may as well claim victory in this. 2099 points put me ahead of CLT Racing (1905) and earned me 73rd place overall out of 14277 runners, quite a few of whom pulled up. The winner scored a fantastic 2542.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Well done Archie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chroniclandlord For This Useful Post:

archie (2nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Well done Archie. I did OK up until Christmas but then missed a few transfers so ended up tailed off...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

archie (2nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Not surprisingly given their transition to Sky Sports Racing, ATR have decided not to run this competition for the current season. Was looking at possibly doing a slightly modified version on here "sometime" but am obiously limited by what I can do or not do on this board. There seems to be a few on TRF bemoaning its demise too so was wondering whether a combined competition might be possible, just trying to guage any interest at this stage, don't want to be snowed under by entries given the other competitions on here but at the same time it would need to be worth my effort as the Summer competition was a bit of a disaster numbers wise. Don't know what we would do for prize(s) either and whether an entry fee would help with maybe a percentage of any contributions to a racing charity

As I didn't take part I have a couple of questions

1.What the hell did this mean exactly with reference to Bonus Races ?

“The amount of prize money awarded to the winner of the bonus race does not change the amount of points gained for having the winner in your stable.”

Did the winner receive 50pts for it being a bonus race plus 30 pts for being a winner or just 50pts instead of 30pts or something else ?

2. How many horses were in the two lists (Elite from which two horses were selected and Main from which ten horses were selected) ?

Any observations welcome.

Thanks
    1. 50pts for the winner no matter what the race was worth. Also points for places in bonus races.

2. Elite - not many. 8 or 10?
    Main - I never counted but I'd have thought about 200 much like your ten to follow. It's possible that the main list changed through the season as injuries occurred and new stars emerged but, again, I never checked.
    The older I get the better I was.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (25th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Not surprisingly given their transition to Sky Sports Racing, ATR have decided not to run this competition for the current season. Was looking at possibly doing a slightly modified version on here "sometime" but am obiously limited by what I can do or not do on this board. There seems to be a few on TRF bemoaning its demise too so was wondering whether a combined competition might be possible, just trying to guage any interest at this stage, don't want to be snowed under by entries given the other competitions on here but at the same time it would need to be worth my effort as the Summer competition was a bit of a disaster numbers wise. Don't know what we would do for prize(s) either and whether an entry fee would help with maybe a percentage of any contributions to a racing charity

As I didn't take part I have a couple of questions

1.What the hell did this mean exactly with reference to Bonus Races ?

“The amount of prize money awarded to the winner of the bonus race does not change the amount of points gained for having the winner in your stable.”

Did the winner receive 50pts for it being a bonus race plus 30 pts for being a winner or just 50pts instead of 30pts or something else ?

2. How many horses were in the two lists (Elite from which two horses were selected and Main from which ten horses were selected) ?

Any observations welcome.
    https://stable-stars.com/competition-rules
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    It’s similar to the TTF but allows weekly transfers (up to 3) and a monthly transfer of one of the two “Elite” selections.

The basic idea is to transfer in horses with chances in the week’s bonus race(s)

Nice idea but I’d imagine it would require a fair amount of maintenance. The ATR one was software driven obviously.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 26th October 2018 at 5:50 AM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."