Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Nash

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I confess I would not be the slightest bit surprised to see Coneygree cart top-weight to victory here........looks a class apart.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I confess I would not be the slightest bit surprised to see Coneygree cart top-weight to victory here........looks a class apart.

If he gets anything like his ground, he probably will
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I totally agree. I hope Bay of Freedom gets in (we need eight to come out) as the ground looks like being soft and he likes the track and might just surprise a few people (including me). Half of the others either don't fully stay 3 miles or, if they do, have shown their best form on faster ground; Coneygree will be best suited by both distance and ground (although horses either love or hate the soft/heavy ground at Listowel).
    Last edited by pdleech; 4th September 2017 at 5:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A great race for reserves to win pd; White Star Line and Your Busy? that Katie Walsh rode for James Nash are two that won recently.
    That said the top weight looks a shoe in should he like the Kerry air and underfoot conditions.
    Hope you get in.

Thanks
    Oh dear; cyclamen if flowering, the geese are flying overhead on a daily basis, the nights are drawing in and now it's the Kerry National. Which means summer is well and truly over. But, then again, the proper racing is about to start!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Oh dear; cyclamen if flowering, the geese are flying overhead on a daily basis, the nights are drawing in and now it's the Kerry National. Which means summer is well and truly over. But, then again, the proper racing is about to start!
    Stable tours imminent and weekends delight. What a time to be alive
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (5th September 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Coneygree 5/2 with Powers.

Can't last - have availed myself.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    7/2 with Hills.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pdleech View Post
    I totally agree. I hope Bay of Freedom gets in (we need eight to come out) as the ground looks like being soft and he likes the track and might just surprise a few people (including me). Half of the others either don't fully stay 3 miles or, if they do, have shown their best form on faster ground; Coneygree will be best suited by both distance and ground (although horses either love or hate the soft/heavy ground at Listowel).
    Are you confident about probable soft going? Coneygree could well be a good thing but its really tempting to go for something e/w with a low weight. Shanpallas has some previous placed form in this event from three years ago off a similar mark. He ran well enough at Galway lto when 7/22. I think he could be a sound each way bet with 10 stone for this.
    Last edited by Marb; 7th September 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Are you confident about probable soft going? Coneygree could well be a good thing but its really tempting to go for something e/w with a low weight. Shanpallas has some previous placed form in this event from three years ago off a similar mark. He ran well enough at Galway lto when 7/22. I think he could be a sound each way bet with 10 stone for this.
    It's Soft, Heavy in places at the moment. It's been fairly dry today but there is quite a bit of rain forecast over the next days and it will be enough to keep the ground at least soft and , probably, heavy. The ground will be very testing and many horses will just not act on it. Shanpallas ran well but on much better ground and , like several others, will struggle to show his best perform on the likely surface. I see that Robbie Power is talking up Sandymount Duke on the Bet365 site; for me, given the likely going and the fact Coneygree will win the front running battle, he would be the biggest lay of the race. Honestly, Coneygree is rated 4/5 pounds below his best form and most others are rated 4/5 pounds better than their best form - if he goes on the ground (and he has more chance than most) he should win this well and 7/2 would be a great price.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjers View Post
    7/2 with Hills.

Yep, they opened 5/1 too, so I heard.

It seems I was looking at the forfeit-date (7th September) rather than the actual race-date (13th September), which prompted my haste to have a bet. Need to start wearing the new goggles more often, I reckon.

FWIW, I went in again with Hills at 4/1.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pdleech View Post
    It's Soft, Heavy in places at the moment. It's been fairly dry today but there is quite a bit of rain forecast over the next days and it will be enough to keep the ground at least soft and , probably, heavy. The ground will be very testing and many horses will just not act on it. Shanpallas ran well but on much better ground and , like several others, will struggle to show his best perform on the likely surface. I see that Robbie Power is talking up Sandymount Duke on the Bet365 site; for me, given the likely going and the fact Coneygree will win the front running battle, he would be the biggest lay of the race. Honestly, Coneygree is rated 4/5 pounds below his best form and most others are rated 4/5 pounds better than their best form - if he goes on the ground (and he has more chance than most) he should win this well and 7/2 would be a great price.
    Thanks for the heads up. On reflection I think your right. Looks like he'll get his ground. I hope he wins.
    Last edited by Marb; 7th September 2017 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks
    Irish Field is quoting Mark Bradstock as saying that Coneygree won't travel if the ground is too heavy. He will be speaking to the Clerk tomorrow morning and then decide (he is due to travel Sunday). It was still Soft, Heavy in places this morning but (according to Accuweather) Listowel has had the best part of half an inch of rain today so, if true, it's likely to be heavy tomorrow. The forecast doesn't get much better until Thursday - it's going to be really testing!
    Last edited by pdleech; 9th September 2017 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    This meant only one thing to me and sure enough Coneygree ruled out today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    This meant only one thing to me and sure enough Coneygree ruled out today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.racingpost.com/news/news...testing/300252

Thanks
    Bradstocks should carry a squiggle

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Taken another look at this race. Not sure if he's been mentioned thus far, but Viva Steve looks like a potentially well handicapped horse, after leaving Mick Channons for Fergal O Brien's. His record first-time-out is first class too, (2211). He's shortened up with all the firms, now a best priced 16/1 with Ladbrokes & Corals. He gets my vote, although I wish PD all the best with his horse, Bay Of Freedom.
    Last edited by Marb; 10th September 2017 at 7:29 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I assume the weights will rise 6lbs?

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep. They could go up more depending on the other highly weighted horses participation. I've nailed my allegiance to Viva Steve down now, but will have a saver on Shanpallas too.
    Last edited by Marb; 11th September 2017 at 1:11 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (11th September 2017)