Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rotten EW Thread

Thanks

Rotten EW Thread

Hi all,

Think this might be a nice little thread for EW shrewdies. Please post your EW selections where the market suggests the selection is a strong/nigh on good thing to be placed. The thread doesn't need to be a mine of winners however it should ensure that the place part is almost a sure return. Obviously punting these consistently on your online a/c will put it in jeopardy however cash betting would be encouraged!

First selection as below:

2.45 Newmarket Tomily 100/30 Lads

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Double Ws Cheltenham 3.00
    Formely Fist of Fury

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Hi all,

Think this might be a nice little thread for EW shrewdies. Please post your EW selections where the market suggests the selection is a strong/nigh on good thing to be placed. The thread doesn't need to be a mine of winners however it should ensure that the place part is almost a sure return. Obviously punting these consistently on your online a/c will put it in jeopardy however cash betting would be encouraged!

First selection as below:

2.45 Newmarket Tomily 100/30 Lads
    You're looking at bad E/W all wrong. Don't assume the 2nd fav is automatically the best bet.

SlimChance
    Right now both of these are value at ADVISED prices.

40/1 Proctor (Newmarket 5.05)
    28/1 Calling Out (Neemsrket 4.30)
    Last edited by SlimChance; 13th April 2016 at 3:42 PM.

Thanks
    It's easy enough to stop up a spreadsheet which tells you if the place market is overbroke. That's a good start in working out what's bad each way.

SlimChance
    It's easier again just to subscribe to each way sniper. It's a one off payment.

Thanks
    Rule of thumb I use is in the place on Betfair is .2 less than the place portion of the bookies then it's a bet. All suggestions and spots gratefully accepted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Does that actually work? I assume it is a system, what's the theory behind it? I've never found a system that is profitable in 20 years.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Rule of thumb I use is in the place on Betfair is .2 less than the place portion of the bookies then it's a bet. All suggestions and spots gratefully accepted.
    Why don't you just look at the each way market on Betfair? It can be a more accurate guide as to whether something is a bet or not and will help you avoid betting e/w in races where you're giving your bookmaker the best of it.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 13th April 2016 at 4:52 PM.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Does that actually work? I assume it is a system, what's the theory behind it? I've never found a system that is profitable in 20 years.
    It's not a system. It's an arb checker. If you want to win punting you don't try to back more winners you try to have better bets. Each way sniper will help you find more of those bets but it's only one of many tools available to you as a punter.

Thanks
    Cheers Slim.

On a related note...has anyone EVER found any sort of system that has actually worked long-term?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Yep, don't bet, you never lose.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Become a punter and a bookie. Put all your bets in a biscuit tin...pay yourself for every winner you have leave losing bets in the tin......open the tin up in 20 years buy a big boat go on a world cruise
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Become a punter and a bookie. Put all your bets in a biscuit tin...pay yourself for every winner you have leave losing bets in the tin......open the tin up in 20 years buy a big boat go on a world cruise

My Uncle did something similar-he was a non drinker as well.Bought a pub that was a big success-put his brother in law in charge of the boozer -was completely ripped off and died prematurely young from stress.

SlimChance
    The way some of these threads go I often wonder about you lads. There is no winning system. You just keep evolving finding bits of edges where you can and at the end of the year they all add up to something meaningful. You can't be lazy, you do have to be tuned in and do a bit of work but that's the price of winning.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 13th April 2016 at 7:05 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

littlelad (14th April 2016)

Thanks
    The way some of these threads go I often wonder about you lads. There is no winning system. You just keep evolving finding bits of edges where you can and at the end of the year they all add up to something meaningful. You can't be lazy, you do have to be tuned in and do a bit of work but that's the price of winning.
    I'm not sure you need to worry yourself about anyone Slim. We've all been punting for a long time and I think we have a fair idea of what works and what doesn't. My question was actually just a curiosity about whether anyone, over all the years has ever found any sort of "system" they use which makes any sort of profit long-term...however small. Personally, i've never come across one...but it must be possible.

Thanks
    I have a "system" of sorts which I have used at the Cheltenham festival (only appears to work at the festival) with great success ever since the year after War Of Attrition won the GC and I got fucked off with getting utterly fucked every year.

85% profit this season - the worst year was break even. More than doubled my cash last year.

Essentially it is an extended form of ditching, mostly using trends to reduce the field to a manageable number.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    That reminds me, the "Little System For The Festival" has shown a profit every year since I first highlighted it ( it's not my system btw) although it needed a 28-1 winner in the very last race this year to turn disaster into a profit.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    I'm not sure you need to worry yourself about anyone Slim. We've all been punting for a long time and I think we have a fair idea of what works and what doesn't. My question was actually just a curiosity about whether anyone, over all the years has ever found any sort of "system" they use which makes any sort of profit long-term...however small. Personally, i've never come across one...but it must be possible.
    All systems that work are eventually corrected by the market.

Thanks
    All systems that work are eventually corrected by the market.

Uncle Harry's system being a notable exception-have €50 on the first fav of the day -if that loses double up on the next fav until you back a winner.