Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: The Nicky Henderson Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    AGAIN!!! Nicky Henderson on the 3rd of January clearly stated The Rossington and the Contenders were the 2 races he was considering for Jonbon.

Henderson said: “Jonbon will have another run. We have a couple of options in our heads, the Rossington Main at Haydock at the end of the month or possibly the Contenders Hurdle at Sandown.

"Those are the races we have for him in our minds.” Published on the 4th of January.

Frank Berry spoke to Simon Milham stating Nicky was struggling to find a race for him but no date of when he told Milham this was given.

The media jumped on the badwagon and lines got crossed which made it look like Frank Berry was contradicting Nicky.

That's the way the Media works..someone gets information and then sells it to all the others who all run the same story.

By the time it gets printed its often already old news that has often already appeared on social media.

So get your facts right and stop being so fucxking argumentative and I don't make things up........go search and read the article like I did.
    Last edited by Tanlic; 7th January 2022 at 5:26 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You say yourself ‘No-one knows the date’ when it comes to Frank Berry’s update. That leaves us with two possible options.

One, it was reported in good faith the day/day after Berry was asked. This would be the standard approach and in line with 99.9% of other updates we read in the racing press.

The alternative is that the comments were made by Berry at some indeterminate point in the past, were superceded by an update given by Henderson, and only afterwards did the entire press-room choose to release the now out-of-date Berry quotes…..their motivation for doing so being……I don’t know - some tin-foil-hat boll*ocks about ‘selling stories’.

We are talking about the UK/Irish racing press here - not the National fu*cking Enquirer.

I am not being argumentative. I am stating bald facts based on the chronology which has appeared in the main racing press…..which I am perhaps foolishly taking at face value. If the alternative to that is to enter your gingerbead world, where every update in the press is to be treated with caution, and researched in-depth to establish if there’s a timeline conspiracy afoot, then I suspect I’ll risk being wrong on the odd occassion, as I have better things to do with my time.

The fact you are still rattling this particular cage only serves to make my point for me. You hold any criticism of the Henderson/McManus axis to a much higher level of scrutiny than you do anything else in racing, and will deploy all manner of tactics to defend them; your specialty being to argue a different point to the one originally made.

Fair enough, we all have our favourites - just don’t expect me to back-down or back-off when I see inconsistencies like this.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 7th January 2022 at 8:17 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Callum Jamieson went to print saying Nicky had found the 2 options for Jonbon at 8.19pm on Wednesday the 4th of January

Simon Milham informed the rest of the media he had spoke to Frank Berry on the 5th of January.

Graham Cunningham is still in the land of Nod.
    Jan 6 he tweeted
    Wishing Jonbon's connections all the best as they strive to find a race to run him in before Cheltenham.

It's now the 7th of January and At The Races have some NEWS....Jonbon is likely to run in the Grade 2 Rossington.

What would we do without them?
    Last edited by Tanlic; 7th January 2022 at 9:15 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just so we’re absolutely clear on how this thread has developed:

The first person to mention the ‘struggling to find a race’ topic was……let me check……you (Tanlic) in post #378.

I then mention the Rossington Main/Dovecote. You make no mention of the sources you now quote. Instead you suggest Haydock would be no good, and that the Dovecote is probably too close to the Festival.

I then confirm that the Kempton race is a month before the Festival, at which point you start saying that Henderson has other owners to keep happy - inferring that’s reason enough to not run Bonjon i.e. you’re arguing a completely different point to the one being made. Classic Fist. Still no mention of your new sources and related timeline of press updates.

It’s only after this is pointed-out to you, and after I confirm a report that the Rossington Main is the target, that you say you knew this all along, and start producing your unverified evidence.

I don’t know or care what your motivations are for the way you have conducted yourself on this thread, but I can see in black-and-white exactly how this conversation has developed - as can anyone else, simply by scrolling back thriugh the last three pages.

A simple assertion that there are/were races for Jonbon has descended into farce through your contribution for no better reason than you refuse to accept any criticism of Henderson, and that you will apply pretty-much any tactic (misdirection, unsubstantiated and/or irrelevant ‘evidence’, retrofit etc) to defend him.

It is too tiresome and tedious engaging with you whenever any discussion of Henderson comes up, and I won’t be doing so again.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 7th January 2022 at 9:36 AM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What I asked is "Haydock is more often run on very heavy ground than not but when did Nicky discount the Rossington?" That was a question not a statement.

You really are scraping the barrel and playing with the truth

Nicky Henderson "There’s also the Listed Sidney Banks at Huntington on February 10, but I think we’ll save Balco Coastal for that race instead" well blow me nicky has more than one horse to worry about.

I never one said I knew along Nicky was aiming the horse at the Rossington..That Grassy is a downright lie on your part.

I simply was telling you what I read and the date it was published,,,,,,why don't you google the reporters name and you will find the article he published in the SUN

So you found two possible races for one horse when Nicky is trying to find entries for dozens..well done you should take up training.

By the way when you mentioned haydock the reason I asked the question is the race was won in heavy ground last season and I am not sure Nicky would want to run in that sort of ground.

As for the Dovecote it was run 3 weeks before the festival last year and not knowing it had been brought forward I thought it would be out of the question.

You attack Henderson at every turn Grassy I don't always defend him that is nonsense.

What I don't do is make out I know better than a trainer who has been at the top of his sport for over 20 years and start slagging him because he thinks it would be a bad idea to run a horse at X

The man has trained 2 Gold Cup Winners, 8 Champion Hurdle winners 6 QMCC winners 6 Arkle winners and 7 Triumph winners and that's just fopr starters.

I see no reason for him not to sit on the fence when he so wishes because up to now he has very seldom got it wrong.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'll let the contributions to this thread over the last 3 days or so do my talking for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not falling out with you - I'm just not engaging with you whenever Henderson comes up.....it's pointless.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    There has been a Seven Barrows withdrawl from Sandown.......Nicky has Covid 19 and wont be going.
    He looked high and low all over Berkshire for an appropriate centre for his PCR test but unfortunately, he couldn't find one. Somebody told him he could get it done in Ireland, but that was far to risky so he's decided to leave it until March.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    He looked high and low all over Berkshire for an appropriate centre for his PCR test but unfortunately, he couldn't find one. Somebody told him he could get it done in Ireland, but that was far to risky so he's decided to leave it until March.
    There are many other test stations, but he didn’t want to choose those…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Surely some local racecourse could indulge him in a test.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After much reflection, Nicky has announced that he will just do a lateral flow test, as the PCR really comes too close to the Festival, and he would be on a hiding to nothing if he took it.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How much does it cost in the UK for tests and vaccinations

Screening Test COVID-19 RT-PCR in Thailand cost about 85 pounds in BKK Pattya and other holday destinations

In our province it costs 11 pounds at your local hospital

Self Testing cost under 10 pounds

And what about Vaccines?

Where I live it seems about 95% of people are mask wearing and everybody you speak to are getting vaccinated by either Pfizer or Modona.

It's all done by appointment including a date for your booster and it is all done at no charge.

I walked in off the street and it took about 1-1/2 hours including a cooling down period of 30 minutes to check for side effects.

They gave me an appointment there and then for my next visit.

How up to speed is the UK?
    Last edited by Tanlic; 7th January 2022 at 2:09 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks

The Nicky Henderson Thread

Vaccinations and PCR tests on the NHS areNt charged, nor are the lateral flow tests.
    Privately they are anything from about £30 upwards, depending how fast you need them back.

Last edited by trudij; 7th January 2022 at 2:11 PM.
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trudij For This Useful Post:

Tanlic (7th January 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trudij View Post
    There are many other test stations, but he didn’t want to choose those…

Jaysus! Are you secretly Mrs AC?? She always thinks she can improve my jokes too.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Jaysus! Are you secretly Mrs AC?? She always thinks she can improve my jokes too.
    I can only dream about being Mrs AC….

#YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Understandable.

Thanks
    https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1480117540252704768

i suspect the "can't promise he'll run" & "nico to have a sit on him at the end of this week" translates to "we'll see what the opposition is and decide"

the market certainly doesnt trust him anyway

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You have to give credit where credit is due. What a fantastic day for Nicky Hendersn and all at Seven Barrows.

While by star bet was Mister Fisher I kept saing to myself he surely can't win this one despite having backed Carribean Boy last time I still refused to back him today.

Just when I thought it was over he has the first and second in the handicp Hurdle and ends the day by adding the bumper at Warwick to his tally.

3,700/1 accumulator I hope you Henderson fans were on
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You have to give credit where credit is due. What a fantastic day for Nicky Hendersn and all at Seven Barrows.

While by star bet was Mister Fisher I kept saing to myself he surely can't win this one despite having backed Carribean Boy last time I still refused to back him today.

Just when I thought it was over he has the first and second in the handicp Hurdle and ends the day by adding the bumper at Warwick to his tally.

3,700/1 accumulator I hope you Henderson fans were on
    Formely Fist of Fury