Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Irish Champions Weekend

SlimChance
    Great to meet Colm and Barry yesterday and prove I do show up to the races now and again. I saw the whites of Ted Hegarty's eyes at Shelbourne Park last night and won. I'm going to the Curragh with a dangerous stack of money and a mood to punt.

Duck or no dinner

Meet up?

SlimChance
    It's been 10 years since I've been in the Curragh and it will be 10 years before I go again. I'm stuck in traffic 2km from the track for the last 25mins. What's the ******* point?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Would say - possibly bar Derby day - that today is the first time that would have happened in the last ten years.

The Moyglare looks red hot, but I quite like the look of Lucida e/w. Thought things didn't pan out ideally for her the last day (got there a shade soon). Could see her being ridden a bit more quietly today.

Lowther form looks absolutely bomb-proof, and Found could be absolutely anything. Can't resist throwing a few quid at Jeanne Girl at massive prices on Betfair either; would like to see her given a more prominent ride today.

Banned
    Thanks
    Cursory Glance ran so big last time a bounce is on the cards..Found for me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Pigeon View Post
    Can anyone put me off lumping on Cursory Glance in the Moyglare?
    The AOB horse is making a price about this one, the form is there for all to see, been crying out for 7f should be odds on imo
    That was a hard sweat..

Banned
    Thanks
    good one.SP...massive figure last out..couldn't be on at the price though..promising horse

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    good one.SP...massive figure last out..couldn't be on at the price though..promising horse
    Thannks, get a feeling she wasn't at her best today, was off the snaff pretty early, but gutted it out. Surely that'll be her for the year. Some weekend for Varian and Atzeni

Banned
    Thanks
    i think Night Of Thunder could take Toronado today

Thanks
    Kudos to Richard Kingscote, he's outridden them all there.
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Well done Kingscote-great ride.

Thanks
    Good ride on Brown Panther. Though you would have to question what the other jocks were thinking.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    Would say - possibly bar Derby day - that today is the first time that would have happened in the last ten years.

The Moyglare looks red hot, but I quite like the look of Lucida e/w. Thought things didn't pan out ideally for her the last day (got there a shade soon). Could see her being ridden a bit more quietly today.

Lowther form looks absolutely bomb-proof, and Found could be absolutely anything. Can't resist throwing a few quid at Jeanne Girl at massive prices on Betfair either; would like to see her given a more prominent ride today.
    It's a **** track to go racing. There is nothing good about it. Highlight of the day was getting a spin home with the legend Kevin Prendergast.

Thanks
    I see I'm logged onto the wrong account. It's not easy when you're twenty seven different people on a forum.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I see I'm logged onto the wrong account. It's not easy when you're twenty seven different people on a forum.
    I do it regular Slim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    I do it regular Slim
    I know Slim.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hoping Slim didn't blow his wad on Beach Bunny e/w today and have to go underground. Imagine he backed the filly in the maiden yesterday though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The more I think about it the more i am convinced that Joseph made the mistake he made in the 2000Gns by going too hard too early on Australia.
    He has not impressed me in the parade ring in either of his Irish starts this year; he looks tired and his coat dull; my sister concurred with this and gave her opinion before I gave mine.
    TGG a bonny bonny horse who is much much better than any of us gave him credit for and I am speaking as one of his fans!
    I am delighted for all his connections but have to ask what price was he on Betfair at the second last bend 4 furlongs out ?
    Agree Free Eagle looked and ran like the real good horse he undoubtedly is.
    Billy Lee for the ride of the weekend followed by Richard Kingscote and Lanfranco Dettori on Ruler Of The World.
    Australia to be fair is a hell of a horse and with a little luck would be unbeaten.
    I have asked myself and others if they would entrust someone with upwards of 30 Million of valuables knowing they were most likely utilising it in a state of dehydration to say the very least.
    Also looking at the difference of Joseph's saddles at 9 stone and at 9 st 3 lb tells its own story; the latter is a saddle, the former a glorified jockstrap with stirrups.
    Great racing with amazing crowds but we need to set out on time and allow for delays !

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    Hoping Slim didn't blow his wad on Beach Bunny e/w today and have to go underground. Imagine he backed the filly in the maiden yesterday though.
    I was on Bolgers e/w at 8/1. I'm not sentimental. I just love value. Kevin was not amused when I said "she's gone" in the car.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    The more I think about it the more i am convinced that Joseph made the mistake he made in the 2000Gns by going too hard too early on Australia.
    He has not impressed me in the parade ring in either of his Irish starts this year; he looks tired and his coat dull; my sister concurred with this and gave her opinion before I gave mine.
    TGG a bonny bonny horse who is much much better than any of us gave him credit for and I am speaking as one of his fans!
    I am delighted for all his connections but have to ask what price was he on Betfair at the second last bend 4 furlongs out ?
    Agree Free Eagle looked and ran like the real good horse he undoubtedly is.
    Billy Lee for the ride of the weekend followed by Richard Kingscote and Lanfranco Dettori on Ruler Of The World.
    Australia to be fair is a hell of a horse and with a little luck would be unbeaten.
    I have asked myself and others if they would entrust someone with upwards of 30 Million of valuables knowing they were most likely utilising it in a state of dehydration to say the very least.
    Also looking at the difference of Joseph's saddles at 9 stone and at 9 st 3 lb tells its own story; the latter is a saddle, the former a glorified jockstrap with stirrups.
    Great racing with amazing crowds but we need to set out on time and allow for delays !
    Is it just me or do essays make other peoples head hurt.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Is it just me or do essays make other peoples head hurt.

Just you really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk