Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group H

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    On the back of that opinion that Greece & Japan are both awful, I think 9/4 Ivory Coast to win Group C is a great price.
    Columbia were decent, but not brilliant. Even a draw with Columbia would give Ivory Coast the advantage in the group. They would be ahead of Columbia on Goals scored, Goal difference... Hence 9/4 is a good bet imo.
    Lads, sincere apologies for my glaring error here. For some reason I thought Columbia had only won 1-0 in the first match when in fact they won 3-0 and are ahead of Ivory Coast on Goal Difference. Schoolboy error. No excuse! Changes the value angle of the 9/4 now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    I have a nagging feeling against Russia later. I just don't fancy them!
    I'm Backing the draw here @ 11/4 and Doubling it with a draw in the Brazil Game @ 4/1 for a bit of value.
    I think Mexico have the potential to frustrate Brazil, who weren't great the last day and are always liable to concede one. Fancy a 1-1 draw.
    Lovely double landed last night. Didn't quite get the score right in the Brazil game but I'll take it

In other news......... The jig is up with the MOTM betting. Oddschecker don't even have it listed as a market anymore. It appears all the bookies have run scared from this market. Which is a little ironic when you think they would have cleaned up yesterday with De Bruyne & The Mexican Goalkeeper winning the MOTM in the 2 evening games. Had they had a market, they'd surely have taken shed loads of cash for Hazard & Neymar. Anyone else have any further insight into the vanishing of the MOTM markets?

Thanks
    We'll these two have shat all over the World Cup. Pathetic match. Mexican wave after a couple of minutes an indication of the shite to come.
    Last edited by harry; 22nd June 2014 at 6:31 PM.

Thanks
    This is a great game. The Algerian team were savage first half. Koreans back in it now. Could be 5-1 or 3-3, who knows?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar the Bull View Post
    This is a great game. The Algerian team were savage first half. Koreans back in it now. Could be 5-1 or 3-3, who knows?
    We needed that after Mophead Fellaini and his crew

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How come Russia are evens?

Thanks
    Belgium must be the most overrated team in this tournament.

The new Greece

With Belgium, Greece and Russia going through there are some stinkers in the knock out rounds, who will play for penalties
    Last edited by harry; 26th June 2014 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Belgium must be the most overrated team in this tournament.

The new Greece
    Give over. They are the polar opposite of that side. Greece had little talent but were a solid unit. Belguim have lot of skill and have good individuals but don't play as a cohesive unit.

Thanks
    Ageed re Belgium Harry. Most overrated side since Columbia 1994.........or any England side since 1998

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I backed the draw double tonight so I'm feeling a bit miffed that I lost out to an offside goal.

Belgium are as solid as f^ck. And that wasn't their strongest team.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Belgium will be hard to beat. Just get the impression there's a lot more to come. Origi should start. He, Hazard and Mirallas will cause a lot of issues for other teams. Mehrtens wasn't in great form tonight so not sure if he will start (probably will) and they still have De Bruyne and Januzaj off the bench.
    "The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides
    with their own desires" -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Belgium will get their arses felt in the knockout stages; they're not good enough by a long way.....and this from someone who backed them to finish top European team.

They are a typical Belgian National side - talented, but a notch below the likes of Germany, France, Holland etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Belgium will get their arses felt in the knockout stages; they're not good enough by a long way.....and this from someone who backed them to finish top European team.

They are a typical Belgian National side - talented, but a notch below the likes of Germany, France, Holland etc.
    Couldn't put it better myself

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Give over. They are the polar opposite of that side. Greece had little talent but were a solid unit. Belguim have lot of skill and have good individuals but don't play as a cohesive unit.
    I meant how bad they are to watch.....boring

Thanks
    They have USA next and although that wont be easy Belgium have by far the better technical players so they really should get the chance to bore the @rse of us for at least another game before getting dumped out by Argentina, as Hamm has said that side of the draw looks pretty nailed on for an Argentina v Holland or possibly Mexico semi final.

The other side of the draw looks far tastier for quarter final match up's, we could see Brazil v Colombia & France v Germany - both would be a toss of a coin game if it plays out like that.

Though bound to be a surprise somewhere, saver on Greece then
    Last edited by Jakers; 27th June 2014 at 9:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

I'm not too keen on this France side. They don't look like a 'team' to me. I'd expect them to get past Nigeria but not Germany come the quarters.

Holland looked phenomenal against Spain but the form didn't amount to much as it turned out. They might find Mexico very tough opponents.

I'd fancy Belgium to shut out USA on Tuesday. They will then come up against Argentina, which should be a good game.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I hate to say but I reckon the Yanks are good things to knock Belgium out.

Thanks
    I'd fancy USA.