Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group E

Thanks
    Yeah. Honduras are a dirty shower. Great to see teams like that taken to school.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Honduras are fecking animals. France look very slick
    They have a reputation for being physical, which is why I thought they might knock the young France side off their stride. Honduras gave England plenty of problems not long ago and I would expect England to give France a game.

In the end I was glad to see football win but I suspect France might struggle later on.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    They have a reputation for being physical, which is why I thought they might knock the young France side off their stride. Honduras gave England plenty of problems not long ago and I would expect England to give France a game.

In the end I was glad to see football win but I suspect France might struggle later on.
    France look the kind of squad/team to improve as they go on.....goals can come from anywhere
    Last edited by harry; 15th June 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    France look the kind of squad/team to improve as they go on.....goals can come from anywhere
    Even your old mate Benzema!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Even your old mate Benzema!

Thanks
    The technique for that second goal is outrageously good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    The BBC cnt is still on about confusion over GL technology. He's the only one who's confused ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. Pearce came across as a clueless ar*se when wittering on about 'confusion', when it was completely bleedin' obvious to anyone with a working brain, why they showed both the hit off the post and the subsequent hit off the keeper.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    France 4/5 Switzerland 0/30 might end up a lot tougher for the French than the bookies are predicting.

Switzerland are aware that should they finish 2nd in their table they will have to face Argentina as would France.

If they draw they might have to score an absolute bundle against Hondurus or enough to break even with France.....If that were to happen Switzerland would go through as group winners having won more qualifying games.

The only problem is their average of 1.7 goals par game when qualifying makes depending on scoring a bundle against anyone a dodgy way to go.

While France would probably be happy with a win or a draw, if Switzerland want to go any further in the competition they must go all out for the win which should make it an interesting contest.
    Last edited by Tanlic; 18th June 2014 at 7:02 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Indeed. Pearce came across as a clueless ar*se when wittering on about 'confusion', when it was completely bleedin' obvious to anyone with a working brain, why they showed both the hit off the post and the subsequent hit off the keeper.
    He was still giving out about it last night during commentary - he pretty much is going to bring this up every time a goal line decision is given.
    "The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides
    with their own desires" -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He's making a complete arse of himself.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Banned
    Thanks
    I try not to let commentators affect me but his gushing drivel about Brazil the country and its football and its people and blah blah did my head in. all it did was make you want them to get stuffed

Thanks
    It's beyond embarrassing at this stage. He's defending himself to the hilt on twitter in the past 20 mins.
    Digging a deeper hole me thinks..... Admit your mistake Jonathan!

https://twitter.com/jpearcefootball

Thanks
    He didn't make a mistake to be fair, the commentators in the stadium didn't see the 2nd part of it, only the bit where it hit the post and it said no goal.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are you okay, Ali? Nervous?

Thanks
    Nervous as hell, think they'll be ok. Possibly time to drop Xavi, end of an era.

Thanks
    Why did the manager take Torres and not Negredo. I cannot get my head around that decision.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'll be getting my head around a lamppost tonight if I see Torres on the pitch...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamm View Post
    I'll be getting my head around a lamppost tonight if I see Torres on the pitch...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    France 4/5 Switzerland 0/30 might end up a lot tougher for the French than the bookies are predicting.

Switzerland are aware that should they finish 2nd in their table they will have to face Argentina as would France.

If they draw they might have to score an absolute bundle against Hondurus or enough to break even with France.....If that were to happen Switzerland would go through as group winners having won more qualifying games.

The only problem is their average of 1.7 goals par game when qualifying makes depending on scoring a bundle against anyone a dodgy way to go.

While France would probably be happy with a win or a draw, if Switzerland want to go any further in the competition they must go all out for the win which should make it an interesting contest.
    Similar to my thoughts Tanlic. I didn't see either of the first games unfortunately, but i'll be tuning in tomorrow. By all accounts the French were quite good against Honduras, although I'm not sure how much you can judge the match given they were against 10 men for the 2nd half.

I've backed the Swiss to be eliminated at the quarters stage, with the thinking you've mentioned above. They HAVE to win this, to avoid Argentina. Of course I understand that France are in the same boat, but I'm not sure they'd have the same urgency in mind as the Swiss. On a going day France could put it up to the Argentinians, or at least they will certainly believe this. I have huge respect for Hitzfeld and if anyone can get this side organised to meet this challenge its him.

Massive game for the Swiss. With my current bet in mind, i'll back the draw in this match. Anything but a French win s'il vous plait.

Thanks
    I feel the need to remind people that Switzerland are terrible, really, really poor team.