Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Post website and newspaper

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It's been slow on Chrome as well in recent times.
    I try not to use it too much..but have found that if you go to adds on and set "flash player" to "ask to activate" when using Firefox..it helps with speed of RP site. I tend to use Chrome and Firefox...not used chrome for a while with it..but i believe you can set chrome to ask for flash to activate as well

i can't seem to view page 2 of this thread..anyone else having same problem?..odd one
    Last edited by EC1; 1st October 2016 at 9:51 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EC1 For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (1st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    I try not to use it too much..but have found that if you go to adds on and set "flash player" to "ask to activate" when using Firefox..it helps with speed of RP site. I tend to use Chrome and Firefox...not used chrome for a while with it..but i believe you can set chrome to ask for flash to activate as well

i can't seem to view page 2 of this thread..anyone else having same problem?..odd one
    Your post is the first one on Page 2 EC1, have you tried toggling the Thread Display options ?

That little trick on Firefox has made a hell of a difference, thanks EC1
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 1st October 2016 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, same problem EC.

Thanks
    kinda ironic that on a topic complaining on RP website, the thread's own site is having issues. Someone needs to contact the dev. and tell him to update the CKEditor from 5 years ago version of 3.6.2

Thanks
    Me as well, thought id upset someone with my rant
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Aughex,

I don't pay money every month to read this site so I can cope.
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    @aragorn, no offence but what you just said is idiotic. No one pays money to access RP website and if you are having problems with their site and you still subscribe then its even more idiotic. Secondly, I don't think you know how bugs work. If I was an ill intentioned person no one will be able to access/read any threads on here(via standard view) and I don't think many will cope with it. I gave an opinion, more of an advice, and of course like always people on here take it the wrong way..
    Last edited by Aughex; 2nd October 2016 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aughex View Post
    @aragorn, no offence but what you just said is idiotic. No one pays money to access RP website and if you are having problems with their site and you still subscribe then its even more idiotic. Secondly, I don't think you know how bugs work. If I was an ill intentioned person no one will be able to access/read any threads on here(via standard view) and I don't think many will cope with it. I gave an opinion, more of an advice, and of course like always people on here take it the wrong way..
    Lots of people pay money to access the RP website, which is their choice regardless of whether or not you'd choose to do the same. It's kind of ironic that on a post criticising people for being idiotic (in your fairly narrow opinion), you manage to be idiotic at the same time.

PS Does that sentence sound like advice or an opinion to you?

Thanks
    no one pays to access RP, its free: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/ The OP and other complained that even the free version had problems and its not worth accessing.

Now, for the ironic comment let me put it another way so you can understand. Someone X is having car problems with the engine overheating(Racing Post website, adds & other ****) and he borrows his friend Y car which the next day engine's fail and won't start(Page 2 of this thread which doesn't display anything) then someone comes along and makes a light comment of how ironic this is and tells him how to start the car but X tells him hey at least its not my car(which is idiotic). Then a smart-ass comes along and insults the one that offered the advice, telling him he's a narrow minded person because the owner X paid for his car so the engine should not overheat(which is not relevant at all as the discussion was about the friend's Y car engine and how to start it).

Thanks
    no one pays to access RP, its free: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/ The OP and other complained that even the free version had problems and its not worth accessing.

Now, for the ironic comment let me put it another way so you can understand. Someone X is having car problems with the engine overheating(Racing Post website, adds & other ****) and he borrows his friend Y car which the next day engine's fail and won't start(Page 2 of this thread which doesn't display anything) then someone comes along and makes a light comment of how ironic this is and tells him how to start the car but X tells him hey at least its not my car(which is idiotic). Then a smart-ass comes along and insults the one that offered the advice, telling him he's a narrow minded person because the owner X paid for his car so the engine should not overheat(which is not relevant at all as the discussion was about the friend's Y car engine and how to start it).
    What a ******* halfwit you are.

Thanks

I've given your comments further consideration. I have recently implemented a strict security policy whereby I am not willing to converse with people in the bottom decile of intelligence. As you clearly fall into this category I will have to add you to my ignore list.

This site http://www.dictionary.com/ should be able to assist you with any of the longer words which you may not be familiar with the meaning of. Like ironic. And idiotic.

TTFN.

Thanks
    sure simmo, keep saying that to yourself. Well I wish you go gu brath :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Post is truly excelling itself in the run-up to Cheltenham.

Please read their Ten Returning Hero's article, then marvel at the glorious stupidity of someone who can squeeze in Sir Ken and Golden Miller (anyone still alive who cares?), yet manages to ignore Hurricane Fly and Kauto Star regaining their Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup titles respectively.

After you've recovered, make sure you avail yourself of their 'All you need to know about the 2018 Cheltenham Festival' piece; an article that is critical-reading for anyone stumbling across their website during recovery from a full frontal lobotomy.

They are an untold shower of pointless and irrelevant, thoroughgoing wankers.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 4th March 2018 at 12:01 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I know it's Lent, GH, but I'm not going to punish myself any more, thanks.

Being off the bevy, snacks, sweets, autoerotica etc is tough enough going...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In their 'Dark Horses Special' section, the RP puts up a horse that won at the Festival last spring, and who is currently favourite in the respective market.

Fu*ck.

Right.

Off.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 4th March 2018 at 3:38 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    In their 'Dark Horses Special' section, the RP puts up a horse that won at the Festival last spring, and who is currently favourite in the respective market.

Fu*ck.

Right.

Off.
    I really hope I don't turn into a grumpy old barsteward when I hit fifty
    Last edited by frontrunner; 4th March 2018 at 4:29 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You find a time-machine in the wine-cellar at the chateau, pal?

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

Fu*ck.

Right.

Off.
    Literally though who is this Tully East ? I've never heard of him ! Where have they picked that one from ? Outside the box thinking at its very best !

You can subscribe for £26 per month and get tips like this every week ???/ Whhhaaaaatttt ???? Sign me up !!!

Dark horse for the Champion Hurdle Buveur Dair only narrowly beat John Constable lto but we feel he had a little more up his sleeve.
    Last edited by Danny; 4th March 2018 at 5:16 PM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    'Cheltenham: Ground Latest'..........last updated at 7:03PM on March 4th.

Fu*ck.

Right.

Off.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 6th March 2018 at 10:11 AM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    See the paper's going up 50p pre Cheltenham