Thread: Tales from Wolverhampton

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Tales from Wolverhampton

BHA press release

Robin Mounsey, Media Manager for the British Horseracing Authority (BHA), said:

“Following up on information received yesterday from our intelligence gathering network, BHA initiated an investigation into the horse Bert Trick (IRE) and its eligibility to race in Britain.

“In light of the on-going investigation the Stewards at Wolverhampton asked Bert Trick (IRE)'s trainer Frank Sheridan to withdraw the horse.

“We are aware of the effect on punters of the late withdrawal of a horse from any race. Our priority was to protect the interests of the betting public and other participants in the race by preventing an ineligible horse from running.

"The investigation is on-going and in line with BHA policy, no further comment will be made

Meanwhile on Frank Sheridan's website

BERT TRICK was not allowed to run yesterday by the BHA based on information and photographs received from somebody in Ireland claiming the horse had been flapping racing...As we know all Irish are honest and good of heart, and who would not believe someone from the land of fairies and leprechauns?

Agreed BERT TRICK had been working like a 75 rated horse and obviously based on his work was heavily backed as he was running in a 0-50 race .

So to summarize its ok to run your horse in the desert in temperatures that nobody moves fast in, fill it full of drugs , bring it back to the UK and race it ???

I must confess i know nothing about flapping, but i can only imagine from a horsemans point of view what i believe to be better for the horse .....And running in the desert isnt it .........But !! Hang on !!!!! It appears that the main criterion required by the BHA to becoming an owner in the UK is to own your own COUNTRY ...Now it warms the cockles of my heart that the arabs are taking full advantage of my heritage, culture and traditions and i am equally happy that the audi cars the BHA drive around in seem to be getting bigger but i fear enough is enough .....It wouldnt be about the money would it ??????????

And the NTF have received different versions of how Wolverhampton is riding

"In the last week we have been receiving conflicting information about the all weather racing surface at Wolverhampton. Some have said the lack of wax in the top makes it ride firm whereas other reports say it is too deep. It would be very helpful to receive the views of trainers who have runners there and to know whether the surface is improving since the problems when it was first laid."
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Good man Frank...telling it like it is!

Thanks
    Well done to the BHA with this one. You can't have horses running in races when there are question marks over their background. If they have been running elsewhere, not under rules, they should be withdrawn.

Frank's website is quite a read.
    I'm bored of this. I'm going for a Twix.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Just going to say that GS, here's a sample

Horses in full training £30.00 a day

yearlings till 31 December £25.00 a day.

Frank has and will enjoy training for:

The very very rich
    The very rich
    The poor (but humorous)
    Gays
    Lesbians
    Heterosexsual
    Bisexual
    All ethnic groups
    Gypsies
    Fascists
    Communists
    Nazis
    The Mafia
    Religious sects(not The way)

Frank will NOT enjoy training for ::;

The very poor
    Do- gooders
    employees of Macdonalds
    employees of the BHA

Having raced all over Europe for prize money Frank is still finding it difficult to understand the mentality that drives the sport in the UK.

It appears that it has become acceptable to race for the disgusting prize money that is on offer at most of the tracks and therefore making it increasingly difficult to bring new people into racehorse ownership.

So with this Frank hopes his training fees are fair and give people the chance of owning a racehorse and feeling that once in a lifetime thrill of seeing your horse winning .....
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Would the BHA have been as quick to act if the money wasn't down?

Thanks
    Who tipped the BHA off? I wonder...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Would the BHA have been as quick to act if the money wasn't down?
    Probably not but isn't that the point? The integrity of the sport is at risk if they allow a heavily gambled horse to run which has been flapping. People who knowingly backed other horses in the race would have been done out of potential winnings by a horse which is not allowed to run under the rules of British racing. They wouldn't have been doing their jobs correctly if they hadn't withdrawn it.

If it had gone off 50s then it probably wouldn't have got withdrawn but then also it probably wouldn't have stood much of a chance in the race and it doesn't look as bad for public perception of the sport (although I would still be a firm advocate of withdrawing it or even disqualifying it post race).

Thanks
    Honest question -why is flapping an issue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Honest question -why is flapping an issue.
    As the horses have run in an unregulated sphere as well as the form not being in the public domain. The horse clearly hadn't been off the track for two years for example.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    I was told about it in the morning could've got prices but never took any, a horse I put up a while back I was told the same thing about it flapping yet nothings been said about its wins since on the aw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamla Stan View Post
    As the horses have run in an unregulated sphere as well as the form not being in the public domain. The horse clearly hadn't been off the track for two years for example.
    How much of what the average horse does is in the public domain -I don't see flapping as a problem as long as there isn't any drug/steroid use.