Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast

Thread: TV coverage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Smiley Happy People !!!

Thanks
    They've just heard that McCririck is coming back to join them.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Well I did tell you it was a "dummy" run

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

edgt (21st October 2016)

Thanks
    From RP

William Hill are set to replace Dubai as racing's terrestrial television sponsors when coverage moves from Channel 4 to ITV on January 1.

The deal, reported to be worth £10 million, includes naming rights around all of ITV's coverage for the four years the broadcaster will be in control of the sport's free-to-air coverage.
    Dubai decided to end their decade-long association with British racing's terrestrial coverage, stating the switch to ITV presented a "natural point of change".

Thanks
    Let's just hope this doesn't result in a bias akin to that which is clearly prevalent in the RP (Paddy Power sponsored) podcasts
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    RTE's racing coverage is sponsored by a firm that rhymes with spoilsports -I find it incredibly irritating how much airtime their main pr man -a known spoofer -gets.Doesn't really understand racing and puts punters away on a regular basis.

Thanks
    Ask the handicapper on ATR this lunchtime with BHA's head of handicapping Phil Smith would be quite a good watch if it wasn't for that buffoon Matt Chapman who totally spoils it.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Ask the handicapper on ATR this lunchtime with BHA's head of handicapping Phil Smith would be quite a good watch if it wasn't for that buffoon Matt Chapman who totally spoils it.
    it just shows how we all different really..i'd rather Matt interview him than someone who could bore the arse off an arse

bores are all good and well..but it gets boring after a bit..see the morning line for an example..Tanya...could bore to olympic gold standard..as could most of them on it..and yet when we had non bores like Mac on..its..oooh he gets on me tits..get rid.

people need to decide..just wtf do you want?..they tried the lot..larger than life and boring you to death..which do you prefer really?

Thanks
    McCrirrick is the biggest bore of the lot-he was good in his time and nobody on television could match his knowledge when it came to reporting on the betting market.Those skills started to fade with the dominance of betfair-these days bookies pr men get an uncontested run.He has nothing to offer now except a rehash of what he was saying in the 80s & 90s.
    It would be good to see ITV employ an exchange expert who could use his own nous to interpret betfair markets and not give the impression that he is reading press releases from betfair hq-I say he because it is of course a job for a man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    it just shows how we all different really..i'd rather Matt interview him than someone who could bore the arse off an arse

bores are all good and well..but it gets boring after a bit..see the morning line for an example..Tanya...could bore to olympic gold standard..as could most of them on it..and yet when we had non bores like Mac on..its..oooh he gets on me tits..get rid.

people need to decide..just wtf do you want?..they tried the lot..larger than life and boring you to death..which do you prefer really?

Why does it have to be either? Tanya has never had any broadcasting skills even after 15 years. Big Mac had his plus points, he could conduct a good interview, he did his research. He had many minuses but was worth his place in the team.

The difference between Big Mac & Chapman is that Chapman is a lot more "me me me". Frankly his efforts on "ask the handicapper" are embarrasing although I doubt he will see that. He even made reference during the programme to a critical tweet from Tony Calvin. Calvin stated that they should have one of the lads from Timeform doing it with Smith, that seems a fair shout as they are frequently on ATR anyway.

I would imagine though that Smith likes being on with Chapman as it makes him look like Albert Einstein, it's a bit like when Chapman his presenting on his own in the evening, he loves to read out idiotic emails from viewers as he thinks it makes him look good when he rips them to shreds.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Voting for McCririck to be part of the team would be like voting for Donald Trump to be the next president of the USA.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    The thing about Chapman is that he can ask difficult/awkward to trainers/jockeys/owners without falling out with them.I know it's relative but can you name anybody else in racing who gets the chance to ask the questions that he does-for me he gets the most out of jockeys/trainers/owners.

Thanks
    Agree with that Luke.
    McCririck went past his sell by date about 20 years ago.

Thanks
    Can someone tell Nick Luck that he has a microphone in his hand and doesn't have to shout!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    The Final Furlong Podcast wondered this week who would win a fight - Nick Luck or Ed Chamberlain?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    McCririck went past his sell by date about 20 years ago.
    of course he did..but at least he had a sell by date... rather than being wallpaper

i'm not calling for him back..but i am saying..that such as Chapman is a must..re Luke's comments.

how many times have people said..ooh they have gone native..well Matt don't do ...gone native

like i said earlier..people have to decide if they want boring or not..its no use recommending boring to start with..then grumbling about it being dull later..can't have it both ways..if its dull to start with..its unlikely to change

Thanks
    Seems AP is part of trhe ITV team at Cheltenham on New Years Day, not sure if a permanent arrangement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    The Final Furlong Podcast wondered this week who would win a fight - Nick Luck or Ed Chamberlain?
    Found it funny how they only raised this after Lord Snooty had departed.....wimps.

Thanks
    Anyone else see that trailer for racing on ITV?

Thanks
    Yes me. Wish Piggott was still riding. Hopefully Dettori appearances will be as when he was supposed to be a captain on Question of Sport.