Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2649

Thread: TV coverage

Thanks
    Noticed since Racing resumed that RTV have not used Peter Naughton

Wonder if that is on health grounds or he has left
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Francesca looks like she has borrowed a suit from Austin Powers......
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Austin Powers has more taste in suits.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Surely Willie Wonka

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Does anyone know what John Francome gets up to these days?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    He's Clive Cox's landlord so may do a bit there and think he’s got other property investments. He was also involved with the Injured Jockeys, but not sure that’s still the case. Not aware of anything else equine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

granger (21st October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Have to say Ruby’s contribution today on ITV racing is massively improved. Some seriously good insight into previous form and also analysing the last race. May it continue!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

littlelad (15th November 2020)

Thanks
    Yes, brilliant.

I also liked yesterday's contribution from MF and APMcC during the chase in which they talked about what they were doing as the race unfolded, having opted to 'ride' one of the contenders each.

The coverage still really bugs me in other ways, though.

I don't think I could ever tire of punching LH's coupon. Or MC's for that matter. In fact, I'd probably actually enjoy the latter. How can he talk about 'Sko' Royal one minute then Un De 'So' (the correct pronunciation) the next? Does he have no self-awareness at all.

And Hoiles is simply the worst commentator ever on telly. I often watch races without having a bet or seeing the preliminaries and I often don't know which horses he's referring to in commentary. In an earlier race today it was half-over before I finally realised I was following the wrong horse because of his commentary and it's something I find happens very often. He also has an annoying tendency to mention the front two or three and in the same breath the last few before saying 'towards the rear' so you think you're looking at the fourth, fifth and sixth in a race and then your attention is drawn to the tail runners and you miss what's actually in fourth, fifth and sixth until he deigns to get the order right.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    Caught a 3m hdl the other day, with John Hunt in the commentary box. Never mentioned a single 'colour', and I can't remember Richard Hoiles, or many others, ever doing that.
    RH is fine, by me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

And Hoiles is simply the worst commentator ever on telly. I often watch races without having a bet or seeing the preliminaries and I often don't know which horses he's referring to in commentary. In an earlier race today it was half-over before I finally realised I was following the wrong horse because of his commentary and it's something I find happens very often. He also has an annoying tendency to mention the front two or three and in the same breath the last few before saying 'towards the rear' so you think you're looking at the fourth, fifth and sixth in a race and then your attention is drawn to the tail runners and you miss what's actually in fourth, fifth and sixth until he deigns to get the order right.
    There are a few contenders for the worst ever but agree RH isn’t great. Misses too much for me by concentrating too much on the leader and I agree his habit of naming the front one or two then not bothering with the rest before saying who’s bringing up the rear is frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes, brilliant.

I also liked yesterday's contribution from MF and APMcC during the chase in which they talked about what they were doing as the race unfolded, having opted to 'ride' one of the contenders each.

The coverage still really bugs me in other ways, though.

I don't think I could ever tire of punching LH's coupon. Or MC's for that matter. In fact, I'd probably actually enjoy the latter. How can he talk about 'Sko' Royal one minute then Un De 'So' (the correct pronunciation) the next? Does he have no self-awareness at all.

I often watch the races silent. You do miss a bit of the background excitement, but at least you concentrate on what your eyes are telling you rather than having your attention directed elsewhere (as your “towards the rear” comment). Nowadays if you see a significant moment it doesn’t matter if you can’t place which horse(s) was involved since you can re-run it until you do!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    I often watch the races silent. You do miss a bit of the background excitement, but at least you concentrate on what your eyes are telling you rather than having your attention directed elsewhere (as your “towards the rear” comment). Nowadays if you see a significant moment it doesn’t matter if you can’t place which horse(s) was involved since you can re-run it until you do!!
    I might try that, barjon. I often watch the football on silent because I read games differently from the commentators and co-commentators (90% of the latter are truly clueless) whose job description seems to be - the BBC are most guilty - to make the action sound exciting when very often the football is dire.

Thanks
    I can't believe no one challenged the photo finish in the last.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I can't believe no one challenged the photo finish in the last.
    The official photo was unclear but if the nearside horse's nose was on the line then the other horse has a nose like Pinocchio telling a porkie.

Thanks
    The official photo was unclear but if the nearside horse's nose was on the line then the other horse has a nose like Pinocchio telling a porkie.
    I was the beneficiary as backed the Skelton horse.
    It was a horrendous decision.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    The aerial and side on footage at Fairyhouse today and yesterday was brilliant
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying when the ITV commentators say the runners are swinging rigour handed. It’s f***ing Sandown of course it’s right handed

Not their worst crime I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Sorry to post a note of triviality but has 'Cesca' announced she's pregnant and I have missed it??
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    And what on earth is she wearing??

A drunk poinsettia and a coat bought from a 1940s charity shop?

Thanks
    And what on earth is she wearing??

A drunk poinsettia and a coat bought from a 1940s charity shop?
    Maybe doing a designer friend a favour? Really struggling to see what she adds to the program at all. No announcement then???
    Vote Alfie!!!!