Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftertiming thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 631 Posts

Aftertiming thread

As you all know I’m the absolute queen of aftertiming but I thought I’d just share this little gem with you.

I did the catering at Jeremy Scots Open Day a couple of months ago as I felt I owed him (he was in our hunt pantomime a couple of years ago plus he stepped in as compère at the Point to Point Awards evening I run). Anyway I took the opportunity to look round the yard and spotted a couple including a nice Golden Horn filly he had. I spotted it last minute today making its debut in the bumper at Wincanton and thought “well I’d be stupid not to stick a cheeky £1 ew on it....I just checked my betfair account...it went in at 30-1 ....luvly Xmas pressie thank you Jeremy!

I also spotted a nice Arvico 4yo gelding they think a bit of....will try and remember to flag that one up!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

barjon (26th December 2022), Beef or Salmon (26th December 2022), edgt (26th December 2022), Marb (26th December 2022), reet hard (26th December 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 2,753 Posts
    About time we had a thread like this

Chuffed for you jinnyj!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I played a free competition some will be aware of with William Hill today called '3 or 4'.

You have to try and pick 6 games in the football league where there are 3 or 4 goals.

6 correct games - 200 pound in free bets

5 correct games - Fiver free bet

Four correct games - £1 free bet

Needless to say I rarely overthink this so just picked all the premier league games I could see and picked the top game with the early kick off today in the Championship.

Well...all the five premier league games I picked actually came up with exact 3 or 4 goals but the sixth and final championship game came up just short with only 2 goals, so I now end up with a fiver free bet instead of 200 pound in free bets..

How close was that!!

I could be an old aged pensioner before I ever get close to the full six game prediction set again and the full 200 pound in free bets!
    Last edited by Marb; 26th December 2022 at 7:33 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (26th December 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don’t wish to boast, but I got very good prices on my five runners today - they all lost.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Colin (26th December 2022), jinnyj (26th December 2022), Len Madeiros (26th December 2022), Outsider (26th December 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Must get Brownie Guinan (of "That's Cheltenham " and "Stand By Douvan" fame) to write a song "Queen Of After Timing " in your honour.
    Expecting a front row pew for the coronation mind !
    Last edited by edgt; 26th December 2022 at 8:55 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (26th December 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    I played a free competition some will be aware of with William Hill today called '3 or 4'.

You have to try and pick 6 games in the football league where there are 3 or 4 goals.

6 correct games - 200 pound in free bets

5 correct games - Fiver free bet

Four correct games - £1 free bet

Needless to say I rarely overthink this so just picked all the premier league games I could see and picked the top game with the early kick off today in the Championship.

Well...all the five premier league games I picked actually came up with exact 3 or 4 goals but the sixth and final championship game came up just short with only 2 goals, so I now end up with a fiver free bet instead of 200 pound in free bets..

How close was that!!

I could be an old aged pensioner before I ever get close to the full six game prediction set again and the full 200 pound in free bets!
    To top it all off the Liverpool V Villa game finished with four goals tonight, why wasn't that my sixth selection!!

I couldn't make it up...
    Last edited by Marb; 26th December 2022 at 9:22 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I had a tenner on Johnny Logan to win the Eurovision in 1980 with 'Whats Another Year ' at 14s. Just sayin....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

granger (27th December 2022), Outsider (27th December 2022)

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    As you all know I’m the absolute queen of aftertiming but I thought I’d just share this little gem with you.

I did the catering at Jeremy Scots Open Day a couple of months ago as I felt I owed him (he was in our hunt pantomime a couple of years ago plus he stepped in as compère at the Point to Point Awards evening I run). Anyway I took the opportunity to look round the yard and spotted a couple including a nice Golden Horn filly he had. I spotted it last minute today making its debut in the bumper at Wincanton and thought “well I’d be stupid not to stick a cheeky £1 ew on it....I just checked my betfair account...it went in at 30-1 ....luvly Xmas pressie thank you Jeremy!

I also spotted a nice Arvico 4yo gelding they think a bit of....will try and remember to flag that one up!
    She started shorter than that before her price contacted considerably just before the off. Not sure if she was blue across the board on oddschecker but her price certainly shortened on W Hill.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ridden by David Noonan, a neighbour's child with my cousin Bryan beaten a short head.
    A real Duhallow Duel.

Thanks

I'd have "gamblers regret" if I'd done this - why didn't I have £2 ew??? Hahaha

Thanks
    I’ve got another one....Editeur du Gite.....! BUT....! I did flag it up as being stopped last time out and I was gutted that Cheltenham was off earlier this month as I’ve been waiting for him....took 33s..

Thanks
    I'm saying nothing

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I’ve got another one....Editeur du Gite.....! BUT....! I did flag it up as being stopped last time out and I was gutted that Cheltenham was off earlier this month as I’ve been waiting for him....took 33s..
    I thought you might. Glad for you.

What happend to Edwardstone? I missed it.

Thanks
    Mullered a fence and lost his jockey

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Marb (27th December 2022)

Thanks
    I was thinking of your post all the way round.

Thanks
    In 1963 I got 200,000/1 that Kennedy would get taken out before the road bridge and it would be one of his own security guards in the car that blew his head off. Thank goodness I went for before the road bridge, was 50/50 on that.
    Last edited by EC21; 28th December 2022 at 6:33 PM.

Thanks
    Hah, that's nowt...

I bought worldwide Coronavirus deaths at 1000 on the spreads...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Hah, that's nowt...

I bought worldwide Coronavirus deaths at 1000 on the spreads...

Don't you be doing that Monty Python Yorkshire man sketch on me young man

Thanks