Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumpers Notebook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jumpers Notebook

I guess we are all (except reet ) pouring through various Jumpers to Follow lists/publications and will get even busier once the Stable Tours start coming through. You’d need an extremely large notebook to include everything, but I thought it might be useful to note anything that particularly catches your eye.

Monmiral Paul Nicholls

PN expected big things of him last season and he was highly tried. Still a maiden novice PN says if there’s a better maiden over fences anywhere in Britain or Ireland, I’d like to know who it is. Reportedly, the plan is to win a beginners chase in the Autumn and then aim him at the Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham in November.

(As an aside, there’s a well thought of one starting out today at Perth. Lucinda Russell’s El Elefante)
    Last edited by barjon; 27th September 2023 at 2:52 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post

(As an aside, there’s a well thought of one starting out today at Perth. Lucinda Russell’s El Elefante)
    4 from Ireland to beat, BJ. Three of which could be anything - a Sholokhov, a Walk In The Park, and a Soldier Of Fortune. All with 1's. Interesting race with all likely to see more wins in future. They just might be too tough to crack for El Elefante at this stage.

Thanks
    I'll be watching for the first run back from Back On The Lash, on goodish ground over 3m+ hopefully.

And another Malinas - will be nice to see The King Of Ryhope run up a sequence that ultimately takes in March and April. Which will make Maruco happy!

Henry Daly has at least two novice hurdlers from last season that will pick up Class 2/listed 3m+ chases over the next 2-4 years.
    Last edited by chaumi; 27th September 2023 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks
    I know Ricci is very sweet on Mister Policeman and is currently Arkle bound
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Just a wee thought...

Would it be possible to amend the title to refer to the season in case it ends up going on forever (a bit like myself...)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Just a wee thought...

Would it be possible to amend the title to refer to the season in case it ends up going on forever (a bit like myself...)
    A good thought desert - can’t find a way to amend it, though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (27th September 2023)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    4 from Ireland to beat, BJ. Three of which could be anything - a Sholokhov, a Walk In The Park, and a Soldier Of Fortune. All with 1's. Interesting race with all likely to see more wins in future. They just might be too tough to crack for El Elefante at this stage.
    Won in a canter, chaumi, lot more to come there, I think.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    I guess we are all (except reet ) pouring through various Jumpers to Follow lists/publications and will get even busier once the Stable Tours start coming through. You’d need an extremely large notebook to include everything, but I thought it might be useful to note anything that particularly catches your eye.

Monmiral Paul Nicholls

PN expected big things of him last season and he was highly tried. Still a maiden novice PN says if there’s a better maiden over fences anywhere in Britain or Ireland, I’d like to know who it is. Reportedly, the plan is to win a beginners chase in the Autumn and then aim him at the Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham in November.

Damn;thought it was a Xmas shopping thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

barjon (27th September 2023)

Thanks
    I’m looking forward to seeing Sonigino go chasing also from the PFN yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Nice start, BJ. You just have to keep it up till the end of next April now :-)

Lucinda's on fire, too. A winner, two races the winner and the second, and the only one that got beat (Haut Estime, fell) was the one she was most bullish about!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

barjon (27th September 2023)

Thanks
    Etalon (novice and open handicap chasing), and Glorious Fun (novice and handicap hurdling), are thought to be the best handicapped in Dan's yard at the moment.

Then there's a horse to come back after his little injury who's also still thought to be very well handicapped. Jefferys Cross won't be back until perhaps as late as March, when we plan to qualify for the final of the race he won last year, and then after the final at Haydock on to the biggest summer pot at Uttoxeter. Perhaps via the Aintree summer meeting this year. He had a minor tear which we'll delay scanning for now. He needs quick ground to be at his best, so we don't need him back for pre-training until Christmas for the qualifier that'll be no more than a run to bring him on because he always needs it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

chaumi (27th September 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    I know Ricci is very sweet on Mister Policeman and is currently Arkle bound

Persad ???

Thanks

Monmiral Paul Nicholls

Was a big fan of this one as a juvenile and expected him to develop into a Champion Hurdle contender and Arkle winner.He wasn't able for the big boys and he disappointed me over fences.Giving the form a second look it wasn't too bad Jonbon and The Real Whacker both had excellent seasons and the race at Sandown was messy.Maybe he will be like his stablemate Clan des Obeaux who had an incredible amount of disappointing runs before putting it all together in some style.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Persad ???
    Ricci though suspect there may have been a joke there
    Last edited by wilsonl; 27th September 2023 at 8:27 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Ricci though suspect there may have been a joke there
    Yeah -when I read it first I just couldn't think of Rich Ricci (that's the brain surgery).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One to keep on the right side of is Lucinda Russell's Geovinco.

Stepped up to 3 miles for the first time at Perth in April he went off the outsider in a 6 horse race at 10/1.

Never out of a canter he treated the others with total contempt and won without turning a hair by 12 lengths, goes on any ground.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Nice start, BJ. You just have to keep it up till the end of next April now :-)

Lucinda's on fire, too. A winner, two races the winner and the second, and the only one that got beat (Haut Estime, fell) was the one she was most bullish about!
    Another well thought of out today. Mofasa 2:15 Worcester. He was with Michael Scudamore, but joined PFN when he upped sticks to join Lucinda Russell. If he’s as good as they say 6/4 looks a steal. (On the other hand that might be my run finished, Chaumi, before the season’s even started )

Thanks
    (On the other hand that might be my run finished, Chaumi, before the season’s even started )
    LOL. Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh, BJ. That's a fairly rare occurrence!

I'm pretty sure we'll all have a significant number of losers in the next 6-7 months, so definitely no pressure :-)

Thanks
    https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...-10-19/849718/

Carlisle on Thursday. I have a jumper to follow in this, any guesses? I'm going to this meeting.

Thanks
    The King Of Ryhope I hope Euro!