Page 111 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2649

Thread: TV coverage

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    That and the interminable fawning over Emma Banks.

I mean, who the fvck is Emma Banks anyway? Does he get free tickets for a gig every time he mentions her name?

Oh Yes!! All of them. ALL the clucking time. Every week on zoom, Emma Banks - music mogul, ( no really? Well we'd never known) Glastonbury blah blah blah blah di bloody blah.

But they do it all the time. Always the same owners on, talked about so equals same horses talked about. Really really annoying. I sent them a message just 'cos I can saying for goodness sake , talk to other people.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walsworth View Post
    Wondered what had happened to him.
    As soon as retired. I was gutted. No chance of getting out there to see him where can usually get a look at most studs in this country. Getting on now bless him as well. Never heard a race crowd go so quiet when he was beaten at Ascot by Observatory who came down the middle away from him. Watching GC in the winner's enclosure, he KNEW he had lost and didn't like it one bit.
    Had a 'grandson' winner at Goodwood yesterday out of Maids Causeway who I loved, followed her career since day one.
    Last edited by G-G; 30th July 2021 at 5:15 PM.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oli Bell reported joyously, as though it was a great thing, that there were 8 sniffer dogs and 44 constables employed at York yesterday. He continued that, happily, there had been no trouble at the smmeting, so far. It was about 2PM.

Is the bar really that low now?
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The bar must be quite low if Oli Bell can hold down the job. He's so bloody juvenile. It sticks in my head that he pronounced a horse's name (Bizet) as Bizzet, I kid you not.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Oli Bell reported joyously, as though it was a great thing, that there were 8 sniffer dogs and 44 constables employed at York yesterday. He continued that, happily, there had been no trouble at the smmeting, so far. It was about 2PM.

I wasn't about for yesterday's racing so he must have said it on the morning programme as well. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

On the same programme, Chapman was going off on a rant about welfare based on Euchen Glen's having to carry 10-2 in the Ebor. Talk about digging a hole! There are horses the same age as Euchen Glen carrying 11-12 in NH races when they're also asked to jump fences and run a mile and more further. What a plonker.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post

He was referring to the meeting since it started on Wednesday not that day specifically

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Singing Detective View Post
    He was referring to the meeting since it started on Wednesday not that day specifically
    Not just this meeting either, the July meeting (John Smith's Cup) went this way years ago. Place is now full of p***ed up north easterners (lasses the worst!) falling about all over the place

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    The bar must be quite low if Oli Bell can hold down the job. He's so bloody juvenile. It sticks in my head that he pronounced a horse's name (Bizet) as Bizzet, I kid you not.
    Well yes another case of who you know not what you know. He, 'Cesca' and Mick Fitz add absolutely nothing. See 'Cesca' has her stylist getting a credit as well now. Chapman shouting just reminds me of John McCririck and I thought that was one of the reasons they got rid of him. Doing a presentation for, can't remember for which race, but know that winning jockey was not Murphy but that how's Chapman started the presentation, with mentions of champion jockey not winning that one .... someone on Twitter complained and said turned it down, which I agreed with , loads saying what a great job he's doing. There's no hope.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Nothing on TV is about substance any more.

It's about the 'look'.

Its a reflection of the superficiality of modern society.

To paraphrase John Laurie's Private Frazer in Dad's Army, we're fucked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Well yes another case of who you know not what you know. He, 'Cesca' and Mick Fitz add absolutely nothing. See 'Cesca' has her stylist getting a credit as well now. Chapman shouting just reminds me of John McCririck and I thought that was one of the reasons they got rid of him. Doing a presentation for, can't remember for which race, but know that winning jockey was not Murphy but that how's Chapman started the presentation, with mentions of champion jockey not winning that one .... someone on Twitter complained and said turned it down, which I agreed with , loads saying what a great job he's doing. There's no hope.
    Sheer attention seeking, which he's copied directly from John M.The whole pantomime the cast go through is to draw in viewers. and revenue, for ITV.
    Bring back the Beeb, to restore integrity and gravitas to proceedings - please.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

G-G (23rd August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Sheer attention seeking, which he's copied directly from John M.The whole pantomime the cast go through is to draw in viewers. and revenue, for ITV.
    Bring back the Beeb, to restore integrity and gravitas to proceedings - please.
    Don’t knock it - it’s all we’ve got, so just turn the sound off and enjoy the view. The woke brigade at the Beeb have washed their hands of racing - it’s sooo cruel to horses don’t you know - so won’t be back on there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Don’t knock it - it’s all we’ve got, so just turn the sound off and enjoy the view.
    Yes-ish.

I find nowadays, especially for the festival meetings that go on over a few days, I don't watch the bits between the races but I have the sound on because I sit in the next room to get on with studying for the following day(s) so the sound gives me my cue to come in and watch when the races start.

However, I do make a point of watching the immediate post-race interview with the jockey and occasionally a trainer or owner who drop their guard and say more than they really should. In a way it's mining for occasional nuggets.

But there's no bigger nugget than Chapman...

Thanks
    Matt is best at interviews only, brings nothing to the betting ring unlike big mac

Finding it annoying now that Chapman lately seems to say the best backed horse ...is the one he has tipped up in the paper!
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    I think we need to go a bit easier on them. It's true that the presenters, by and large have their flaws but the production company can take credit for bringing something new to our screens, for example the Sunday series showing Sunday afternoon racing, notwithstanding I'm not a huge fan of that format or the quality of racing but that's only my opinion.

While I appreciate not everybody can or wants to pay the subscription fee for Racing TV it is only c. £12 per month. Admittedly that isn't their advertised price but anybody who has ever signed up to one of their many promotional offers will know that it only takes a phone call at the end of it requesting them to cancel for them to extend another 12 months and so on and so on. Racing TV and Sky Sports racing generally have great presenters and coverage aimed at the more "serious" racing fan and yes, it's a pity about the multi meeting coverage but hopefully they'll find a way around that soon, such as a "press the red button" type option.

For the more casual race watcher, who possibly isn't interested outside of the big meetings, ITV do as good a job as has been available on terrestrial TV for a while in my opinion and they play to that type of audience.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Beef or Salmon (23rd August 2021), NewApproach (23rd August 2021), trudij (23rd August 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's a long time since I ended my subscription to Racing TV but at that time they had their fair share of bluffers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    It's a long time since I ended my subscription to Racing TV but at that time they had their fair share of bluffers.
    I tried Racing TV for a couple of months when I came out of hospital last year, soon decided that it wasn't worth £30 per month and they didn't try very hard to persuade me to stick with it!
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution

Thanks
    First race at Goodwood today. Is there any in adult the country who studied English at school unaware that "mise en scène" is a French phrase used in English?

So why did the commentator call the filly in the opener "mise en 'seen'"?

Clown.

Thanks
    Me. Never heard of it before - What does it mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Literally 'put on the stage', ie 'produced'.

I genuinely thought it was common knowledge. Sorry T.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    DO, was it Oli Bell by chance?