Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: York Dante Meeting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries

York Dante Meeting

This could be a decent meeting. I will be watching out if Point Lonsdale runs in the Dante.

I just wanted to give one horse a good mention for either the six furlong handicap at 2.25 on the Wednesday or the five furlong handicap on the Thursday.

Alligator Alley was formerly with Joseph O Brien and showed up to be a very smart two year old. He won a listed race here at York when he was actually hampered at the start and in the final furlong. His next best effort was when second to the now 107 rated John Quinn mare Liberty Beach at Goodwood, when again Alligator Alley was unlucky in the run.

He must have had issues since then though as he had a relatively quiet 2020 and was then off for the whole of 2021. However, he has moved to a capable trainer in David O Meara and his last run at Wolverhampton must have blew off the cob webs when he was staying on really well on what was his first comeback run. Maybe the wind operation and the gelding operation will help him show his best now some three years after he showed that smart two year old form. I like this horse a lot from a rating of 95 if he goes for this six furlong handicap on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 9:26 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th May 2022), swedishchef (11th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I must admit Marb I hadnt noticed Omeara had Alligator alley.
    I've put up Summerghand and his other one Nomadic Empire is useful.i was hoping they wouldnt ruin NEs hcap mark for future big races.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Marb (9th May 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I must admit Marb I hadnt noticed Omeara had Alligator alley.
    I've put up Summerghand and his other one Nomadic Empire is useful.i was hoping they wouldnt ruin NEs hcap mark for future big races.
    I reckon I have highlighted him for the wrong race, as he also holds a 5f handicap entry at York on Thursday. As most of his best form is over the minimum distance, it's looking like Alligator Alley will run on Thursday instead.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 9:32 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th May 2022)

Thanks
    If Kyprios is declared for the Yorkshire Cup we will have a new king of the staying division. I've had a good bet on him to win the Ascot Gold Cup.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    If Kyprios is declared for the Yorkshire Cup we will have a new king of the staying division. I've had a good bet on him to win the Ascot Gold Cup.
    The Yorkshire Cup could be a good renewal. Scope, Strad and Trueshan are definately no mugs. Trueshan might need some significant rain to run though you'd have thought.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can see myself giving Richard Hannons filly System another try in the 4.10 each way on Wednesday. She clearly needed the run the last day. Now upped to 7 furlongs, down to class 3 level, she can run well in this especially as she'll be much fitter plus she's been dropped several pounds to a mark of 88 too. They go 13/8 about the Gosden horse and 8/1 bar with my fancy System at 20/1. Crazy betting market.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 6:23 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th May 2022)

Thanks
    Should this Gosden filly be odds-on for the Musidora? The Algarve isn't as exposed as Snowfall was last year but she's surely worth a go at 5s in such a small field race.

Agree with the positive sentiment re Kyprios both for this race and the Gold Cup.

Rogue Bear interesting stepping up in trip for a handicap over the Juddmonte distance on Friday. I want bigger than 6s though.

Thanks
    Kyprios more likely to run here on Friday. This is your last chance to get on for the Ascot Gold Cup.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...2-05-13/810745
    Last edited by Slim; 9th May 2022 at 1:09 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Kyprios more likely to run here on Friday. This is your last chance to get on for the Ascot Gold Cup.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...2-05-13/810745
    I have enough money to live for the next six weeks (best case scenario) and a few small bets in between.

Don't underestimate the times we're in!

If I back a few winners on Wednesday or Thursday I might consider your anti post bet.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 1:42 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    This could be a decent meeting. I will be watching out if Point Lonsdale runs in the Dante.

I just wanted to give one horse a good mention for either the six furlong handicap at 2.25 on the Wednesday or the five furlong handicap on the Thursday.

Alligator Alley was formerly with Joseph O Brien and showed up to be a very smart two year old. He won a listed race here at York when he was actually hampered at the start and in the final furlong. His next best effort was when second to the now 107 rated John Quinn mare Liberty Beach at Goodwood, when again Alligator Alley was unlucky in the run.

He must have had issues since then though as he had a relatively quiet 2020 and was then off for the whole of 2021. However, he has moved to a capable trainer in David O Meara and his last run at Wolverhampton must have blew off the cob webs when he was staying on really well on what was his first comeback run. Maybe the wind operation and the gelding operation will help him show his best now some three years after he showed that smart two year old form. I like this horse a lot from a rating of 95 if he goes for this six furlong handicap on Wednesday.
    Daniel Tudhope booked for the ride on Thursday in the 1.50 five furlong sprint. So it looks like he will be declared tomorrow then.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th May 2022 at 6:25 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th May 2022), reet hard (9th May 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can see myself giving Richard Hannons filly System another try in the 4.10 each way on Wednesday. She clearly needed the run the last day. Now upped to 7 furlongs, down to class 3 level, she can run well in this especially as she'll be much fitter plus she's been dropped several pounds to a mark of 88 too. They go 13/8 about the Gosden horse and 8/1 bar with my fancy System at 20/1. Crazy betting market.
    I'll be doing her each way even though on odds it looks like the Gosden horse is a good thing. If System places Ill settle for that.

Thanks
    I've bet Devilawala 50/1 each way in the 2.25 York.

Thanks
    Daniel Tudho......
    I'm out

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Thursday 1.50 - Strong Power 16/1, 4 places - heading for obscurity when with George Scott but Alice Haynes has gradually got this one back on track and on the up. All the horse's form for her has been on the all-weather but his level was the same on turf before he started to improve. The price suggests bookies are assuming the improvement is entirely down to the surface but there has to be the chance that she is just turning the horse around. As I mentioned elsewhere a week or two back, she is a Timeform 'Rising Star' of the training ranks. If the horse's AW form can be translated back to turf, he has 6lbs and more in hand off this mark compared with the best-handicapped of the rest.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'll be doing her each way even though on odds it looks like the Gosden horse is a good thing. If System places Ill settle for that.
    Actually 28s now. Scrap this. I have bottled it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I'm out
    Haway man. He will get the job done. Alligator Alley will be rattling home.

Thanks
    I dutched Royal Patronage 11/1 and White Wolf 22/1 in the Dante. Can see RP going off way shorter. White Wolf is a complete flyer, mad that it's running here.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I'm struggling with the idea of backing White Wolf. Plenty of big entries but dosage (and a cursory glance at the breeding) scream that this trip will be too far. So, looking for a mark for the Britannia, maybe?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thae Dante is trappy and not a race to be having big money on

It would do racing no harm if Desert Crown turns out to be a superstar but 2/1 to find out is a bit of an ask for me.

Magesterial is 25/1 for the Derby which puts me right off him here

El Bodegon form took a massive boost but James Ferguson's horses haven't been setting the world on fire

Royal Patronage clearly hasn't trained on and I've got more chance than any of the other 3

Bluegrass runs for Aiden out of how many others could he have sent with better credentials
    wouldn't have the kitchen sink on but Bluegrass 8/1 4 places is worth a small bet.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I'm struggling with the idea of backing White Wolf. Plenty of big entries but dosage (and a cursory glance at the breeding) scream that this trip will be too far. So, looking for a mark for the Britannia, maybe?
    He was green at Southwell and only got going late. 10f wil be no problem if he settles. They had him entered in Newmarket on Saturday so it's no accident that he comes here. Don't underestimate him in a race where the top of the market hasn't much going for it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (10th May 2022)