Thread: Paris - Navigation Information

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Help please.

I am going to Longchamp next Sunday for the first time. I have just noticed a Ryan Air flight that gets to Paris/Beauvais at 11AM. Is it possible to get to Longchamp from here in a shortish time?

The fare is 1/6th of the Aer Fungus cost!
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    I think it's just over an hour on the shuttle bus to one of the 'Porte' metro stations (can't remember which), so it shouldn't take long from there. There is a free (I think) shuttle bus from one of the 'Porte' metro stations to the course, again can't remember which - might be the same one.

I thought seriously about going this year. I could have got a Ryanair flight for £0.01 plus taxes (a bit dearer coming back) but let it go.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Ryanair to Beauvais avoids the queues at both ends, but does entail a lengthy bus journey into the city.

Take the courtesy bus, or "navette gratuite" from the Porte d'Auteil Metro station. The meetings can be really busy and the traffic from the metro station is torture
    but the big race is not much before 4pm ish

Went two years ago there's always plenty of Brits and Irish there they take over Paris that weekend so you should be able to pile into something and just follow the crowd. Getting back to airport afterwards might be a problem so may be best to leave before last race as there is nearly always a stage managed objection on the last race as they know the Brits have to catch various transport and tend not to wait and therefore don't collect any winnings.
    "The owls are not what they seem"