Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pointing Thread

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Grey - very pleased with that result, cracking front running ride from Yorkie as always (ridden from the back on his seasonal return) and now 3/3 in completed starts this term and surely heads to a clash with Woodview Prince and co in the Intermediate Final at Cheltenham in May

Martin
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Stamp View Post
    Good Hunter Chase at Southwell today with Paul Rich's Sizing America the likely favourite.

Sizing America was useful on his day and has shown very decent form this season behind Bradley though IMO he's vulnerable to the Phil York trained Ringa Bay who though a bit of a headcase has shown plenty in his two most recent starts this season. The first of those came at Charing when he led all the way in a large field Members event to beat some very useful horses whilst last time out at Kingston Blount he again led from pillar to post to record another decent success in an Intermediate. He's only had the one start over regulation fences and that came at the Folkestone HC night last May when he was still travelling very well when coming down at the 11th and Phil York will surely be wanting to get some more rules experience into him prior to the Intermediate Final at Cheltenham in May.

He warrants a bet at 4/1 and the evs available with Sportingbet and Ladbrokes about him beating the Ian Williams trained Teddy's Reflection is also worth taking.

Martin
    Excellent Martin
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Well done Martin, you're doing well! It's been all downhill since Salsify for me last week. Just coming out of the self induced fog now!

Like the look of Presentandcorrect today despite his advancing years. For The Staff is not that impressive on his park form in Ireland unless Mr Edmonds is after turning him inside out?

Thanks
    Good race between the front three today I think Trefflich - the one I think is seriously underpriced is Templer as he showed little on his seasonal return (relative to his previous seasonal returns) and For The Staff has been v v impressive in his two starts over here under Jo Buck who again takes the ride today.

Tim Sage who trains Presentandcorrect is only a small trainer and he doesn't have many horses but he does well with what he has including winning HC's with the late William Somers last season (sadly WS died during the Summer) and with Mark Wall taking the ride he could be tough to beat.

Personally I think the market is about right on both For The Staff (I had him at 13/8) and Presentandcorrect (I had at 5/2) though the latter appears to be drifting and I could see him going 7/2 or so judged on the current state of the market and he's certainly where the value lies at the moment. For the record I had Templer priced at 4/1.

I think the value in the current markets is Bet365's 4/5 about For The Staff in a match bet with Templer who's 10/11 in the same market.

Martin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Can see a number of last weeks Cheltenham winners when they were pointers below

http://www.p2ptv.ie/
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Good link that Granger - thanks for posting.

A few notes from the weekend - firstly one of the best races of the season was held at Whitfield when Chiquilline (Tom Lacey), Harbour Court (Alan Hill) and Woodview Prince (Sheila Crow) clashed in a qualifier for the Cheltenham Final and after the departure of Chiquilline at about 6 out Harbour Court and Woodview Prince had it between them from 3 out and it was WP who came out on top, Harbour Court showed tremendous battling qualities but couldn't get back up on the run in whilst WP has more experience and it certainly showed.

Also like to mention the Tom Lacey trained 4yo Maiden Tiqris (Sam Drinkwater) who was supposed to be receiving 21lbs from his elders though SD had to put up 3lbs overweight and overcame a horrendous error at the second last which brought him to a standstill to beat some useful Maidens. It's hard to put into words exactly what I saw from stood alongside (and about 50 yards back) the final fence but it's fair to say he was going twice as fast as his rivals at that stage and after being bought for 31,000gns last year he was reportedly sold immediately after the race to race out of McCain's yard or Henderson's yard depending on who you listen to.

Martin

Thanks
    Good race today - not a fan of Current Exchange FTO over regulation fences, these are some decent horses he's taking on and with Findlay's Find failing to complete on each of his last three tries under rules I'd be inclined to look for a bit of value in the shape of Marblehead who ran well over an inadequate trip last time out, the third romped home at Carlisle on Sunday and the chances are that the winner will turn out to be a very useful Hunter Chase at sub-3 miles. With Marblehead winning over 4m back in January and with stamina being his forte and with plenty of pace in the race (via Cave Hill, Current Excahnge, Gershwinner, Little Rocker and possibly Lorikarad) I hope they hold him up as per the Dunthrop run as the race will likely be a decent stamina test.

9/1 looks a more than fair E/W price to me with the other interesting horse being Mr Robert who was a very useful horse for Evan Williams and is still trained in South Wales.

Martin

Thanks
    Findlays Find now out to 7.2 to back on Betfair - that's a very backable price IMO and worth having two against the favourite with

Martin

Thanks
    Knew you'd pick Marblehead! Jelly O'Brien/M Wall, who would be their equivalent over here in Ireland? I fancy him to place alright but agree with you that FF is a very tempting price. Could be 2/2 this year only for jumping errors....third time lucky? Here's hoping!

Thanks
    JT McNamara would be quite close - very good jockey but not getting any younger

Thanks
    Had to add Lorikarad to my backs at a huge 12.0 - no idea why he's that big, should be half the price IMO.

Thanks
    Had to add Lorikarad to my backs at a huge 12.0 -
    So glad I added him as well !
    Many thanks.

Great tipping -- highlighting Findlay's and Lorikarad, and swerving the warm fav.
    Well done.

Thanks
    IS, going to my local P2P at Oakley this weekend - If you have any tips or know of any whispers let me know!!!!!
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Will do Aragorn - My Way De Solzen is entered up there btw

Martin

Thanks
    Jeez, I thought they retired that old rogue.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "Rogue" seems a bit harsh, Simon!
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Will do Aragorn - My Way De Solzen is entered up there btw

Martin
    Top man.

Nick
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    No problem Aragorn - will look over it later on and get back to you tomorrow evening

Martin

Thanks
    IS - you coming to Milborne this weekend??
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks