Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Guineas

Thanks

1000 Guineas

Rumours Inspiral is out.

Thanks
    Completely mental she was as short as she was. Gosden one of the last trainer's I'd trust to get one ready for a Guineas without a prep. Tenebrism very solid I think.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Completely mental she was as short as she was. Gosden one of the last trainer's I'd trust to get one ready for a Guineas without a prep. Tenebrism very solid I think.
    I'm very strong on Discoveries on fast ground.

Thanks
    Is she deffo going? Her sisters didn't make the race.

Thanks
    Is she deffo going? Her sisters didn't make the race.
    100% running. Their runners have needed the run but not letting that put me off.

Thanks
    Fair enough. Looks a good renewal

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Rumours Inspiral is out.
    Was this the news item that started the rumours? I haven’t heard anything since.

Friday 22nd April, 2022 Inspiral on course for 1000 Guineas date
    By PA Sport Reporters
    Ante-post favourite Inspiral remains on target for the Qipco 1000 Guineas, although connections have admitted her preparation has not been “100 per cent straightforward”.

The John and Thady Gosden-trained filly was unbeaten in four juvenile starts, progressing from a Newmarket maiden in July, to Listed success at Sandown and then Group Two glory in the May Hill Stakes at Doncaster.

She finished her 2021 campaign with victory in the Group One Fillies’ Mile, but her not run since that October outing.

Chris Richardson, managing director for her owners Cheveley Park Stud, reports the filly in good shape, despite the daughter of Frankel not having had an intended racecourse gallop.

“She’s fine and like all these things the spring hasn’t been 100 per cent straightforward, but she’s in good form,” said Richardson.

“We were hoping to get a racecourse gallop into her, which we weren’t able to do, but John (Gosden) is happy and we’ve got a week to go, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed that everything falls into place.”

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Was this the news item that started the rumours? I haven’t heard anything since.

Friday 22nd April, 2022 Inspiral on course for 1000 Guineas date
    By PA Sport Reporters
    Ante-post favourite Inspiral remains on target for the Qipco 1000 Guineas, although connections have admitted her preparation has not been “100 per cent straightforward”.

The John and Thady Gosden-trained filly was unbeaten in four juvenile starts, progressing from a Newmarket maiden in July, to Listed success at Sandown and then Group Two glory in the May Hill Stakes at Doncaster.

She finished her 2021 campaign with victory in the Group One Fillies’ Mile, but her not run since that October outing.

Chris Richardson, managing director for her owners Cheveley Park Stud, reports the filly in good shape, despite the daughter of Frankel not having had an intended racecourse gallop.

“She’s fine and like all these things the spring hasn’t been 100 per cent straightforward, but she’s in good form,” said Richardson.

“We were hoping to get a racecourse gallop into her, which we weren’t able to do, but John (Gosden) is happy and we’ve got a week to go, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed that everything falls into place.”
    How could I possibly know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    How could I possibly know.
    It was sort of rhetorical. On the other hand you do have your ear close to the ground

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    That would explain his posture
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If ever a horse ran at the wrong trip it was Tenebrism in the Cheveley Park over 6f

What puts me off is her being allowed to go off at 14/1 and the fact she was under pressure after 2 furlongs.

I just find it very hard to trust that she wont get left behind in what is a step up in class.

No doubt Chaet will run yet another good race but it's very hard to imagine her reversing placings with Inspiral.

If Frankie can keep out of trouble and switch the Gosden Filly off I think she'll eat this lot alive.

I'd rather take 3/1 about her than 4/5 Native Trail in the boys race.

I can't see Gosden risking her unbeaten record unless she 's 100% so I will wait till the day to back her.

My alternative would be an EW bet on Cachet who looked like she needed it when winning at Newmarket recently
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    It was sort of rhetorical. On the other hand you do have your ear close to the ground
    Did he fall over?.hope he's ok
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

barjon (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Tenebrism is some rancid price.

Thanks
    3/1 is fairly tight yes. The only angle I see is the price diff between the two French fillies. Zellie was comfortably beaten by the Grafford entrant in the Imprudence but Fabre managed to get Peintre Celebre and Zafonic beaten in trials back in the day, it's all about the big race for him and so 12/1 is acceptable with the enhanced place terms.

Thanks
    3/1 is fairly tight yes. The only angle I see is the price diff between the two French fillies. Zellie was comfortably beaten by the Grafford entrant in the Imprudence but Fabre managed to get Peintre Celebre and Zafonic beaten in trials back in the day, it's all about the big race for him and so 12/1 is acceptable with the enhanced place terms.
    https://youtu.be/2hw7isG4oGo

Ask far as I can see he's never gone for the whip on Zellie.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

viking (1st May 2022)

Thanks
    Yeah, he never got busy. This is a really open race and I think on balance the fav is vulnerable (she was a bet at 7s when Inspiral headed the market but a fade at 3s now). Tuesday looks an Oaks filly but so did Love - Discoveries might flourish as a 3yo like her sisters but I thought her runs last year were average for the grade. It's difficult to be strongly against or for anything really - a complete contrast to yesterday in other words.

Thanks
    I took 10/1 Zellie yesterday based on similar thinking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 996 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've done Zellie and mise on sane

Thanks
    You don’t get the prices on French horses that you used to but I remember being at Uttoxeter watching the guineas having backed Makfi and feeling pretty smug. I’ve always followed French raiders. Miss Macaire and Doumen coming over here in the winter and plundering everything.