Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,727 of 1727

Thread: The Pointing Thread

Thanks
    I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

2017diary (8th June 2018), Colin Phillips (8th June 2018), Desperate Dan (8th June 2018), swedish chef (8th June 2018), Therightroad (8th June 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Read that last word as Arses jinny...............senility?1
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.
    Well done jimmy ����

Thanks
    Thanks Jinny - Great call
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post

He may be the expert but I'll take that sort of summary every time - WD

Thanks
    Ouch so unlucky with Master Baker Jinny
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Shame for Rose with Monsieur Gibraltar. But so pleased for the Braces. I spoke to David a couple of weeks ago when Robin last won and he was really only hoping that his grandson, Connor would have a safe season and maybe win the Wilkinson Sword trophy (a points based award). Instead he's taken the Novice Riders Championship with 21 winners including Robin des People, Pink Eyed Pedro, both on 5 wins and leading pointer, William Money who has won 7. He also stands Dr Massini, Vinnie Roe and Mountain High at his stud farm, Dunraven Stud.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

swedish chef (9th June 2018)