Page 5 of 639 FirstFirst 123456789101555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Out at 7.2 and it shouldv'e won,pc crashed as it mustv'e traded lower as well
    seeing the sp 5/1.

Thanks
    Moynahan running off a mark of 82 14/1 with hills,hardly ever wins but likes goodwood has run third and fourth here to albaqaa already this season.The run at windsor would actually give it the beating of all of these beating norman orpen,directorship and conciliatory.A very difficult horse to bet with confidence though but 14s on his day is to big,small ew and a trade.

1pt trade 14/1 hills
    0.05ptew

Thanks
    Out at 10s

Thanks
    Will run something through the aw season as with most of the picks on here the prices won't last and there should be a lot more picks as well.Slightly less work so may be able to get on more although my girlfriends due to give birth anyday.It's going to be a tiring winter thats for sure.

Thanks
    Avisio went off slightly to quick last week at windsor in what was a very quick time .68 quicker than the first division and on that run even though only 5th wouldv'e been third in the first division.The first two in the first div were rated 68 and 66,the race that avisio came out of the winner and runner up looked pretty well handicapped.
    Today the top weights off 64 everything looks exposed,avisio has another 7 pound off its back with the claimer,has already been second three times this season and has a c/d win last season off 65.If it repeats any of the placed efforts 14s looks to big,it's on the drift from early prices but i would be surprisede if there's not some ew money for it at that price.

1pt trade 14/1 avisio bet,victor,ladbrokes.
    .05ptew

Thanks
    Flameoftheforest looked overpriced on its last two runs i've taken 8s and backed at 7s ew and to trade,tomorrow flame of the forest runs off 75,penultimate run beaten 1 1/4ls by slenzio conceding 8pounds that has since won again off 74 so looks well in on that run.Then went onto epsom over 7fs where he was left and hampered and still only beaten 2 1/4ls by the progressive valencha and still finisihng infront of horses off marks in the 80s from a terrible draw(15). Last season in ireland was rated in the 80s best runs coming on very soft ground, stiff 6fs looks perfect the race looks full of exposed horses,very hard to make a case for to many either to high in the weights or trip or ground?.At 8/7s looks a cracking trade at least i suspect this will be hammered so will be backing ew and trading.

1pt trade 7/1lads
    .10pt ew
    Last edited by gigilo; 11th October 2011 at 1:11 AM.

Thanks
    Gigilo, are you actually making any money out of these? It's pretty difficult to tell!!!
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ..............one is tempted to say does anyone care?
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Colin!!!

I might do if I could understand half of what he writes!!! It's like the punctuation is applied with a catapult!

Thanks
    Of course they're making profit traded out 5.8,wouldn't be posting them otherwise.

Thanks
    Thats the full house these compliers make me laugh.
    Hope some of you made a few bob if only on the trade.

Thanks
    Gigilo, I can put up a few shorteners but realistically you need some one click software, the ability to green up and enough capital to make it worthwhile. I haven't read in detail but I don't see any mention of greening up from you? Trading small amounts of equity into a few shorteners is not going to make you much unless you are trading big.

I can;t even understand your second response to uor comments so i'm not holding my breath on an explanation.

Thanks
    The trades are savers as i beat the prices all the time i've explained this and also most of them have ew bets if things look to their advantage,anyone w
    ho's been checking these knows that a large majority have been easy trades pre race.I don't understand this place at all,put up trades everyday well in advance to nick a few quid plus ew bets and all negative comments,absolutely crazy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    The trades are savers as i beat the prices all the time i've explained this and also most of them have ew bets if things look to their advantage,anyone w
    ho's been checking these knows that a large majority have been easy trades pre race.I don't understand this place at all,put up trades everyday well in advance to nick a few quid plus ew bets and all negative comments,absolutely crazy.
    You have to take account of the fact we are simpletons in the main Gigolo....
    Do not mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance nor my kindness for weakness.

Thanks
    Infact its the complete opposite of what aragorn said the trades are for those who only have a small bank,if someone can get a £20 return on nearly every trade every day i'm sure they are pretty pleased.They are also staked to what i think they will trade at thats why there's the ew bets alongside to a certain %.

Thanks
    How big is a small bank Gigilo? Everything is relative. And are you greening up?

Thanks
    The other point is that if you are that good at getting value i.e. spotting prices which are wrong, why not just trust your judgement and punt them? Or are you backing other horses?

Like OTB says we are mostly simpletons so slow and carefully thought through explanations help!!!

Thanks
    Don't get the negativity regarding gigilo - his method my be labour intensive, but he's clearly on the right side of the market much more often that not. If I can back one at 20/1 that I can lay back for half my stake at half that price, then even (or especially as he says himself) a small bank will flourish quite quickly. If he's betting overnight, and/or passing info on, then it's not surprising that the prices don't last.

Keep it up, I say.
    handsome is as handsome does

Thanks
    Of course i'm backing them thats why i've put two seperate bets up one to trade and one ew,at the moment i'm doing quite a few trades as my girlfriends ready to give birth so just nicking a few quid where i can when pricing the races up.I put the prices up hours in advance on here as i know that 95% of them will be backed and easy pre race trades,the ones staked with an ew and trade are obviously the more confident bets.There will be other trades that i think will be overbet just down to the way punters will read form,booked jock etc which won't have an ew bet.Those trades are sluightly more speculative,but todays stood out as both to trade and ew.

Thanks
    Cheers rory,off now got some more ricks to find keep an eye out i'm sure there will be a lot more to come.I do send these out as i've explained but only to a dozen or so,so unless i think they are miles overpriced i won't put them on here as well as no one will get a bet on.