Page 387 of 641 FirstFirst ... 287337377382383384385386387388389390391392397437487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 12806

Thread: Daily picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts

Just had to smile at the bingo analogy, EC1. It's spot on.

My maw started going to bingo relatively late in life as she sought a way out of the drudgery my father was dragging her into. She went with his sisters and came back saying exactly the same thing as you: why are they unhappy when someone wins? Why aren't they happy for them? Why are they angry that they were only waiting for one number? I loved my aunties and thought they were wonderful wee wimmin but seeing my mother's reaction made me think.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Fair comment EC1, I hear you, it sounds to me like you know a lot about bingo though... And there is a deep resentment about a win you mist have had and the way you were treated!

I will now leave to Gigolo. Come on Andy, you must have a Rick today, it is Lingfield!

Thanks
    If you want to really play the crowd at bingo, call house and then have your card checked. Watch their faces light up - whilst calling you a not very nice name - when they discover you've incorrectly marked your card. They absolutely love that one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Forum has officially achieved a new low on this thread........BINGO......ffs!!!

Only joking, EC.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    I'm losing the will to live Colin

Thanks
    Well, isn't that what the dogs is unofficially called: "Bingo on Legs"?
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 27th October 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    I knew a bloke called Billy who drank in the British Legion who could mark off six cards in his hand, standing at the bar without putting his pint down.

He had his own monogrammed dabber.
    Last edited by Ivantheterrible; 27th October 2016 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    Took your advise to follow HIPZ for a couple of runs Giggsy 8- 40 CHELMSFORD winner 13-1 Betfair.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,182 Posts
    Sprint final April

Corals have the aw championship races priced up already, thios time last year I put alben star up at 14s and he won in the april final,he's won the race twice in last 3 years and is 8/1 and pretend winner previous year won at 6/5 is 5/1 most of the runners will be the same as last season.The front two in the betting based on form times over c/d look stand outs already pretend was runner up to markaz at Newcastle in june and as mentioned won this race previous year beating alben star so even though front two in betting the way the race will be run with exact same runners looks like being run to suit with both picking up the pieces.You're not going to get much on with one firm at this point,so looking at the race without those two and possibility that one may not turn up then maybe worth having a small bet on lancelot du lac.Lancelot du lac was 2nd in this race last year drawn 13 cantering entering the straight after being up with pace throughout beat most of the likeliest runners that will qualify in behind yet corals have him at 25/1,if the race is run exactly the same as last season I think one of the other two will win but 25/1 compared to the 4/1 sp when runner up last season is enormous.Don't quite understand how they've come to this price prevous 3 runs on the aw had won then runner up to alben star,could easily make a case for him being third fav in the race based on aw form over c/d.Must been priced up on last three turf runs where he was disappointing in all three runs,if he returns to the aw in form he's never going to be bigger than 10/1-12/1

Lancelot du lac 25/1 corals..
    Last edited by gigilo; 28th October 2016 at 2:44 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

an capall (28th October 2016), Colin Phillips (28th October 2016), jas1968 (28th October 2016), pernicious (28th October 2016), y2j4dx (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Gigilo. (The boys on Twitter, FB and LinkedIn also extend their thanks :-)
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

granger (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    1.20 Newmarket

Cashla bay ran in a maiden at haydock in a fast time over 6fs 2nd to eartha kitt had prevooiusly run well at the track in a decent time so form looked well above average,the time of the haydock race was only .49 slower than the older handicap on the card for horses rated upto 90,winner munfallet winning off 87.This could potentially be a red hot maiden especially after the opening maiden at Newmarket today with two horses looking like group horses on debut runs,very unusual too see such hot races near the enhd of season especially 2 days on the bounce.The betting will interesting as the fav with natural improvement you'd have to think was near a 100 horse so if anything can beat it would probably be one of the best debuts of the season.i was hoping she might've just popped up on the aw and would've been thieving money but as this race does have potential in it then she's just worth a small bet.There is always going to be a slight ? over this 7fs as well out of fastnet rock but she's obviously decent and one for next season.I would imagine if nothing is fancied from other stables then will go off odds on..

Cashla bay 13/8 victor/ppower
    Last edited by gigilo; 29th October 2016 at 1:22 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

jas1968 (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    7.40 Chelmsford

Will have a token bet on Aqua gardens has been very poor on last two runs and was 4th penultimate run so hadn't seemed totally out of form,has been ridden with pieces last three runs never had them before so probably excuse the poor runs picess and tt are on tomorrow and best run this season has been with them applied 5th of 16 to illusive off 78 for horses rated upto 90.Tomorrow runs of just 73 lowest mark since December 2013 last time ran in this grade won off 74,certainly doesn't look like a winner waiting to happen but a very poor looking race last three runs on the aw although well beaten was 6th of 7 to librisa breeze at wolves off 87,8th of 13 to volunteer point off 88 over this c/d and 3rd to home cummins off 88 at wolves.Those races were completely different class to tomorrows race and although has to prove retains that much ability runs in the right grade.The one slight negative that catches the eye steve drownes rode it three times and never been sighted so small interest at double figure price..

Aqua gardens 10/1 ppower/victor/lads/racebets.
    Last edited by gigilo; 28th October 2016 at 8:29 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

jas1968 (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    Newmarket Result
    28 Oct 2016
    1:20 » BRITISH STALLION STUDS EBF MAIDEN STAKES (PLUS 10 RACE) (DIV I)
    (Class 4) (2yo) 7f Row Good
    £4,528.30, £1,347.50, £673.40, £336.70
    RESULTRATE RACE
    Show all comments in runningShow all pedigrees
    HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

1 5 Giovanni Battista (IRE) 25/1 2 9-0 Brian Meehan — * *
    Jimmy Fortune

2 6 ¾ Leshlaa (USA) 5/1 2 9-0 Saeed bin Suroor — * *
    William Buick

« 3 8 5 Founding Father (FR) 13/8F 2 9-0 James Tate — * *
    Jim Crowley

« 4 2 1¼ Call Me Grumpy (IRE) 9/1 2 9-0 Roger Varian — * *
    Andrea Atzeni

« 5 4 3¼ Blue On Blue (USA) 7/4 2 9-0 h John Gosden — * *
    Frankie Dettori

6 7 nk Astute Boy (IRE) 33/1 2 9-0 Ed Vaughan — * *
    Frederik Tylicki

7 3 1¾ Salt Whistle Bay (IRE) 25/1 2 9-0 Rae Guest — * *
    Pat Cosgrave

8 1 nk Retribution 33/1 2 9-0 David Lanigan — * *
    Liam Keniry

8 ran TIME 1m 24.47s (slow by 1.97s)

Giovanni battista

Looks like brian Meehan has found himself something decent with Giovanni battista the front two pulling 5ls clear of the experienced founding father, had come out of a maiden run in a decent time at Windsor but was outclassed in this race I wouldn't even give up on the third as yet maybe a nice handicapper.Giovanni battista made most in this race,didn't look to go to quick early but the fibishing time was very good especially for debut runs,i've hardly put anything up for to follows this season think in general the 2yr olds have been poor and unreliable.I really like the look of this winner,covers griound so effortlessly and great attitude picking up again at finish and going awayA pity having to wait till next season but I think will be group horse next season and one to follow..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Thanks Gigilo. (The boys on Twitter, FB and LinkedIn also extend their thanks :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    1.20 Newmarket

Cashla bay ran in a maiden at haydock in a fast time over 6fs 2nd to eartha kitt had prevooiusly run well at the track in a decent time so form looked well above average,the time of the haydock race was only .49 slower than the older handicap on the card for horses rated upto 90,winner munfallet winning off 87.This could potentially be a red hot maiden especially after the opening maiden at Newmarket today with two horses looking like group horses on debut runs,very unusual too see such hot races near the enhd of season especially 2 days on the bounce.The betting will interesting as the fav with natural improvement you'd have to think was near a 100 horse so if anything can beat it would probably be one of the best debuts of the season.i was hoping she might've just popped up on the aw and would've been thieving money but as this race does have potential in it then she's just worth a small bet.There is always going to be a slight ? over this 7fs as well out of fastnet rock but she's obviously decent and one for next season.I would imagine if nothing is fancied from other stables then will go off odds on..

Cashla bay 13/8 victor/ppower

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Just keeps on giving..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

Metro (29th October 2016)

Thanks
    Brilliant Gigilo
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Top work Gigs!!
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    N'r the other backed into 13/2 shut up shop now for the week,roll on Monday will have a look at Chelmsford just looks a guessing game to me could be a really good placepot though..

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunybay View Post
    I hope and think that Gigilo will continue posting in the thread

his work is brilliant and i find amazing how someone can post so many winners , especially at this level.

but the forum has 2 positive things for him:

after posting so many winners, many people follows him in market with not high liquidity and he is able to lay some bets

and also we all know what a satisfaction is to provide winners to people and be recognized for it. We all have Our ego
    As you've probably noticed a lot of the bets will just be put up with a price,but on obvious shorteners and ones I know will be heavily backed I will say exactly what price or how much they will contract,something that no one anywhere would even try and do.The beauty of it is 90% of the time i'm right so the early prices aren't really that relevant as long as you can get 70- 75% of the price being layed on betfair following day,i'm sure that is why the thread gets so many views as trading on betfair with those specific picks is impossible to lose infact you can win as much as you like if you've realized by now how accurate I am on those sp predictions.I don't do it because I don't need to if it had been 15 years ago I would be doing it to some degree but I can imagine there's plenty sitting on betfair trading those picks and winning bombs whether they win or lose..
    That's the whole point of me pointing out the contractions and sps,i get lots of emails and pms saying I never got the price etc,if you cant get the early prices then stick to the specific picks where i'm hinting at what the contractions and sps will be you can't possibly have a losing bet,i'm prety sure most of the shrewder punters already realize this.You could win far more on these than actually backing the winners outright at best prices.. would be amazed if not a pretty high % aren't doing this that follow the thread closely..
    Last edited by gigilo; 30th October 2016 at 1:07 AM.