Page 925 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 4258258759159209219229239249259269279289299309359751025 ... LastLast
Results 18,481 to 18,500 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    4.45 Curr Our Channel ew

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017diary For This Useful Post:

Outsider (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    3.15 Market Rasen
    Souriyan makes some appeal on this better ground as he’s back down to his last winning mark.
    You’d have to forgive his effort last time out but 12/1 with Bet365 is enough to tempt me to do just that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VWD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017diary For This Useful Post:

viking (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done Viking shrewd as ever!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

viking (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done mate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

viking (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Well done Viking shrewd as ever!
    Cheers mate but you wouldn’t have said that if you’d seen my appalling performance most of the time since Cheltenham

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Cheers mate but you wouldn’t have said that if you’d seen my appalling performance most of the time since Cheltenham

Mmmmm.... I've heard trainers talk their horses down too

Thanks
    Lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I haven't followed you in marb as I haven't got around to looking at that race myself and sort of feel like I've missed the boat with Gossiping.

I've had a proper wedge on Silent Echo tomorrow in the 7.40 at Ascot I'm currently at work and didn't have chance to do the write ups but he's worth casting an eye over. His price has started to go a bit but you can still get some 16's which is still a more than fair price.

Best of luck with yours Martin I had noted you'd been on about him for quite a while but never got around to looking. Hope he blasts up for ya mate.
    Thats unlucky Danny,what a good pick.tho.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Danny (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Victoria Cup Ascot - Ripp Orf (Each way).

I've been hitting the cross-bar lately with lots of seconds and thirds, so hoping for better luck here.

Took this from my newly created blog...

Hayley Turner rides this bottom weight and Ripp Orf surely will not go off 33/1. This lightly raced, unexposed type has had seven races at Kempton learning his trade in lesser races. This entry in such a prestigious handicap is eye-catching. His profile reminds me of last season's Ceserewitch winner, Withhold, because he arrives in the race completely off the radar, in terms of true handicap ability and potential. Ripp Orf can run a huge race for Hayley Turner.
    Last edited by Marb; 11th May 2018 at 8:33 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (12th May 2018), Steve T (13th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Thats unlucky Danny,what a good pick.tho.
    Little frustrating as with favourites like that they either go one way or the other and unfortunately we've bumped into a good one.

I'll take it though and drifted to 20's so at least anyone who followed ended up with a decent price for the place.

Well played Viking very nice pick that.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Outsider (11th May 2018), viking (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Swinton Saturday 12th May

O.k Its a race i hate and have never done well in so I'm taking one shot straight down the middle and this year I'm having the winner, Forth Bridge

He's currently 16/1 best price with the firms but I've just been taking some 20's on the machine whether he'll continue to be weak in the market I'm unsure but I have to get on board at that price.

Raced 7 times over hurdles won 2 and finished 2nd three times, so fairly lightly raced. Although there isn't much difference between perhaps 2 miles 2m1f and 1m7.5F (tomorrows Swintons distance) his record over the shorter of those trips is 1,1,2 and the 2nd was when being ground down late on by Dear Sire in more testing conditions than what he should be facing tomorrow.

When getting beaten by Dear Sire in the Scottish county the pair beat a horse I was quite keen on for the race in Amour de nuit who isn't a bad yardstick and the pair beat him quite comfortably, to my dismay. Forth Bridge only recieved a 2lb rise for this which looked more than fair at the time I'm now thinking it was fairly lenient. Dear sire went on to finish a well beaten 2nd in a competitive handicap at Aintree next time out but that doesn't quite tell the full story. He was duelling for the lead with Scheu Time when Scheu time fell at the last hampering DS badly almost bringing him to a standstill. The handicapper didn't take any chances with Dear Sire and put him up another 5lb anyway. So he'll re-oppose Forth Bridge on 6lb worse terms for 0.75L and in truth I think on better ground Forth would have beaten him anyway.

Forth went on from their encounter to finish a decent 2nd around Cheltenham leading for most the way. The winner that day Magic Dancer won quite well and as such Forth Bridge was left on the same mark. Two things to consider here, firstly Magic dancer came away from all the runners up the rail this may have been a flattering result if he's hit a patch of better ground as they sometimes find up the near rail at Cheltenham. The more important point though is the beaten distance was really exaggerated in the final 100 yards or so of the race when Forth seemed to just get a bit tired. This was over 1.5F further than tomorrow and with Cheltenhams stiff finish. Forth has still managed to finish in front of Capitaine who is favourite for tomorrow and I can't really see any reason for reversal. It was Capitaines first run for a while but he's gone really well fresh in the past. He travelled extremely strongly and although you could make the case that less of a test will suit him also which is fair enough he still has some to find to beat FB and he's half the price. On my first watch of that race I did think he's a winner in waiting but the more I look the more I think he's a bit of a bridle ponce, I could be wrong but at the prices I have to favour my fellow.

All in all Forth Bridge has put up 2 very solid seconds there which in my book would be stronger than some horses wins and he's been raised just 2lb. Less testing conditions than at Mussleburgh and a shorter trip with an easier finish than at Cheltenham may well help him find the extra he needs to get his head in front and perhaps we should be taking into account that as a lightly raced 5yo he's open to improvement and is less exposed than most of these anyway. He goes about his business off the front end and I can't see too many if any of these getting past him.

I reckon the Queen will be having her lady nuts on this to pay for next weeks shenanigans. Can just imagine her whispering to the caterers " We're switching the bucks fizz to Dom Perignon ,one has had it right orf !"

Last edited by broadsword; Today at 01:41 AM.
    Last edited by Danny; 12th May 2018 at 1:49 AM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

notnowcato (12th May 2018), Outsider (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    Pouvoir Magique (Victoria Cup) proved a revelation when dropped back to 1m for his final race last season, travelled like a dream and left his field for dead when quickening from the distance. Was gelded in the close season, and looks to have been put away since with this stiff 7f in mind.
    Laddies 12/1 will do nicely.
    Last edited by reet hard; 12th May 2018 at 7:37 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Danny (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Swinton Saturday 12th May

O.k Its a race i hate and have never done well in so I'm taking one shot straight down the middle and this year I'm having the winner, Forth Bridge
    Good luck with that one, Danny. The jockey is a bit of a negative for me. I'm sticking with Chesterfield and a couple of savers.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Danny (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    LEXINGTON PLACE 240notts 12/1 caught my eye 2 races ago.has won off higher.good draw,just needs some luck.

Thanks
    3.10 Haydock
    Desert Orchid put up All set to go on the long shot thread and I availed myself of some 20/1 on that one (now 16s) but have also backed John Constable to follow up last year’s demolition job. 22lb higher today so clearly a stiff task but James Bowen taking 3lb off will help and this fella can take advantage of the return to handicap company and the better ground

Thanks

I've been hitting the cross-bar lately with lots of seconds and thirds, so hoping for better luck here.

Hayley Turner rides this bottom weight and Ripp Orf surely will not go off 33/1. This lightly raced, unexposed type has had seven races at Kempton learning his trade in lesser races. This entry in such a prestigious handicap is eye-catching. His profile reminds me of last season's Ceserewitch winner, Withhold, because he arrives in the race completely off the radar, in terms of true handicap ability and potential. Ripp Orf can run a huge race for Hayley Turner.
    Great shout Marble VWD

27. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Marb (13th May 2018)

Thanks

Really good spot that, well done.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to notnowcato For This Useful Post:

Marb (13th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Great shout marble!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Marb (13th May 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very good marble.good man.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Marb (13th May 2018)

Thanks
    Superb shot Marble !

I saw you put it up and meant to back it but forgot, was at haydock waiting for next race and saw on big screen ascot loading, quickly got on phone and immediately saw keyser sauze n backd it without looking much further down the field ffs ARGGHH. Backed Rip Orff 3 times, losing first 2 in photos n won the 3rd time for me - cracking gutsy horse.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Clanger For This Useful Post:

Marb (13th May 2018)