Page 7 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Fastha murdered in running. Very messy race.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    Doncaster 8:50 Alensgrove - been told to get on e/way

Thanks
    Playtime!
    Sandown
    2.00 Astrophysical Jet
    2.35 Dunn'o
    3.10 Workforce
    3.40 Akmal
    4.50 Dimension
    5.20 Harry Luck

Thanks
    After last Saturday's performance the thought of betting gives me a cold sweat.

Thanks
    Haydock

Gozbek
    Vita Nova
    Danisili Dancer

Sandown

So You Think

Thanks
    I fancy London Bridge in the opener at Bellewstown. The fast ground will suit and he doesn't need to improve much to take care of this field. Native Palm will also like the ground but he's had other chances which he didn't take. Another Gear is being backed, presumably the first-time tongue tie has something to do with it, but the one I'm interested in for the forecast is Blue Ridge Lane, whose small stable had a double here yesterday.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I fancy London Bridge in the opener at Bellewstown. The fast ground will suit and he doesn't need to improve much to take care of this field. Native Palm will also like the ground but he's had other chances which he didn't take. Another Gear is being backed, presumably the first-time tongue tie has something to do with it, but the one I'm interested in for the forecast is Blue Ridge Lane, whose small stable had a double here yesterday.
    nice 7-1 winner there

Thanks
    Thank you - took a little interest
    If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

Thanks
    Thanks

I was sweating on the stewards enquiry, though. After being run off the course in a finish at Perth during the week, Paul Carberry made sure it didn't happen again, but Richard Perham on ATR thought he could get thrown out for poking up the inside when he didn't have a clear line.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Stamp View Post
    Any thoughts on Nial Madden and his ability to disguise a horses ability FTO?

Like the look of his Shake The Bucket in the opener at Wexford - clocked a decent time when winning a Maiden P2P at Dromahane LTO (officially a dead heat but he won by at least a neck) and ran well on debut to be third prior to a dissappointing run in the hot hot hot P2Pers bumper won by Simonsig on Irish National day at Fairyhouse. He looked a potential 115+ horse to me at Dromahane and the favourite looks relatively weak with just the one good run over hurdles (improving but well beaten by Unaccompanied at Punchestown and off the track since) and looks worth taking on with this one at a bigger price - currently 20/1 with Hills.
    Finished 2nd at Bellewstown earlier today @ 25/1 (sadly I forgot to back it today!).
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Late info but 8:40 Notts - Mr Dream Maker -- I'm told the stable money is down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish chef View Post
    Late info but 8:40 Notts - Mr Dream Maker -- I'm told the stable money is down.
    Sorry that was awful

Thanks
    Nice one Grey

Banned
    Thanks
    well done Grey

Thanks
    Brighton 3:00 My Learned Friend e/way 8/1- Trainer in form - good C/D Form and a 7lb claimer

Thanks
    First nursery of the season at Ponte today. Had a look Sunday and was fairly confident the handicapper had underestimated the form of the seller at York a few weeks back. Had a look at Betfair this morning and unfortunately the two from the York race, Aquasulis and Nameitwhatyoulike, are first and second in the betting. That said, I'll back them both.

Thanks
    Soutwell 7:10 Gabrials Girl 9/1 e/way bigger on betfair - This seller looks a very open race and in all four runnings has been won by a filly although fillies have dominated the entries - two of those four winners ran in a much higher class F/T/O. Gabrials Girl ran in a class 3 at Chester was drawn out in the car park, stumbled a few strides after leaving the stalls and ran 4 or 5 wide all the way round, jockey wasn't hard on her when obviously beaten. Since then owner Dr Marwan Koukash switched her from Gay Kelleway to Ian Williams and he's had 2 months to prepare her for this race. If she has any chance she will be gambled and I smell a gamble. readily available at 8/1 but Ladbrokes only go 11/2.

------------------------------------------------
    Sothwell 9:10 Pyjoma 12/1 e/way - Trainer Julia Feilden does well when she runs a horse over 13f+ on the all-weather I think she's 3/12 this season. This horse is bred for the distance of 1m6f today and on first impressions doesn't look a likely type but if you ignore her last run when she was going for a h'cap mark then her 2nd run btn 28L behind Field Of Miracles (who went on to be btn in a photo at Royal Ascot in the Group2 Ribblesdale Stakes) doesn't look to bad and she may have got into this race very lightly off a mark of 50 and has a 3lb claimer on board. Field Of Miracles is now rated 110 - the 2nd Galivant won off 85 and was 25L clear of Pyjoma - The 3rd Moment Juste was a creditable 3rd next time out and she has been given a mark of 75 and was 22L in front of Pyjoma. I know it doesn't sound too good but when you consider Pyjoma was giving these three decent fillies 20lbs then it looks even better. Pyjoma was held up in that race and made moderate headway to be 5th, I think her mark is very generous in the context of today's race and has just the right type of profile that the trainer does well with.
    Last edited by swedish chef; 5th July 2011 at 1:48 PM.

Thanks
    Wolverhampton 4:!5 Sister Andrea 12/1 e/way - both the dam and sire won F/T/O and won or placed at Listed class a 3yo's - trainer has 20% strike-rate at course and on the all-weather in the month of July. With the fav showing a reluctance to put his head in front this filly is well-bred enough to surprise.

Thanks
    I've gotto give up this flat racing lark - I clearly do not understand it - time for a rest until jump season starts properly.

Thanks
    I've had a message to say Gem Mill 7:10 Worcester will be well backed - I've had a bit at 5.2 with the view to trade at 3 or less for a free bet but looking at the make-up of the race I'm not confident.

Where's Roddy when you need him?