Page 446 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 346396436441442443444445446447448449450451456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

CPGagie
    Thought about Ocean Legend in the 12:00 and Possibly Random Success in the 12:30, but the value has gone now. Took 40 winks early which lasted too long.

The other one I was looking at was Stanlow in the 2:00 as a possible EW, but didn't see the point as it looks tight on my figures.

Everything looked tight at Wolves as well, except Like A Diamond in the last, but I don't like the shape of the race.

Wish I could get back to sleep.

Regarding the 3:30, I'll side with The Blue Dog, just to be different. You'd think the winner will come from one of those two races.

Thanks
    I've backed Roy's Legacy in the 12.30 in the hope that Kirby can time his run correctly.

Fav looks opposable at the prices - yes he's unexposed but he's had a few chances and doesn't look that well handicapped.

Thanks
    Lingfield 1.00 Revise @ 5.3

I really cant have the Candyman Can at 6/4. This looks a grasping at straws entry even if it is a poor maiden and sire stats over C&D are awful.

I also think too much may be made of Moore winning this race the last two years. Last years winner was a 140 hurdler and got some luck and the previous years winner did have the form in bag.

Revise is also no great shakes but last run looked a freshener for new stable and looks to have a decent chance.

CPGagie
    Last three bets I've had I thought were unlucky. Then today.....

Thought about Ocean Legend in the 12:00 and Possibly Random Success in the 12:30, but the value has gone now. Took 40 winks early which lasted too long.

The other one I was looking at was Stanlow in the 2:00 as a possible EW, but didn't see the point as it looks tight on my figures.

Fuckin typical. It really is the story of my life.

So whats left? The Blue Dog and Like A Diamond, just for a proper kicking in the bollocks.
    Last edited by CPGagie; 10th January 2014 at 3:15 PM.

Thanks
    You should be watching the market rather than supping pints Chris.

RS trading over 10.0 for a fair amount, yet was given a very confident ride.

Did t/c combo's on the front four in Stanlow's race and really could have done with the fav missing out for 3rd.

Tough luck mate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Looks fundamentally a very slow animal, but it's a dire contest so definitely a place prospect.
    Absolutely right, BennyB, a fundamentally very slow animal! Thought she'd do a bit better than that though. Back to the drawing board!

CPGagie
    "So whats left? The Blue Dog and Like A Diamond, just for a proper kicking in the bollocks."

Sometimes you just know it's going to be one of those days.

Thanks
    "So whats left? The Blue Dog and Like A Diamond, just for a proper kicking in the bollocks."

CPGagie
    The Blue Dogs Bollocks.

CPGagie
    11/01/14 LING 12:55 LUJEANIE 7/1 EW

Has been too keen both times wearing blinkers. Nose bled LTO after doing best of the pair setting the strong pace. This CD is ideal. Down to 69 now, with the pieces re-applied. Jock knows horse well. Draw isn't great though, hence the EW security. A late and fast run is what I'm hoping for. Haadeeth will hopefully pester Rise To Glory enough for the pace to be good.

Monsier Royale rates a danger as showed a liking for the course LTO (Lujeanie was in race). Hard to know if it'll get the better of Lujeanie over this extra furlong with a 1lb swing + 3lb claim. However, I think Lujeanie will enjoy this CD a bit more with the blinkers off and the pieces back on.

EDIT - I've snatched the 7's, but 13/2 still available with 365.
    Last edited by CPGagie; 10th January 2014 at 8:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CPGagie View Post
    Last three bets I've had I thought were unlucky. Then today.....

Fuckin typical. It really is the story of my life.

So whats left? The Blue Dog and Like A Diamond, just for a proper kicking in the bollocks.
    New Balls please! Costly 40 winks CP! Bad Luck mate.

Thanks
    Some cracking stuff on here over the last few days, brilliant guys.

LANZAROTE HURDLE 2.50 KEMPTON

IF IN DOUBT
    ART PROFESSOR (ew)

Since the race was upped to 21f in 2007, the highest winning weight has been 11-2. 15 horses have carried over 11-2 and 5 have placed. All six winners carried between 10-4 and 11-2 from 52 runners in that weight band.
    No winner carried more weight than they did in their last race. 5 winners carried less weight and one carried the same.
    5 winners were racing off a higher official rating compared to their last run.

Home Run carries less weight through his jockeys claim but he is dropping back in distance and those horses dropping back in distance are 1-21 so he is left out. That leaves.

If In Doubt
    Owned by JP McManus and from the family that has produced graded winners, Sizing Rio, Galaxy Rock, Puffin Billy to name a few the step up in grade should suit. He is lightly raced open to stacks of improvement, will handle the conditions and he has the perfect profile for this race.

Art Professor is fully exposed but he does have a flat right handed track to race around. Four races have brought about two wins and a second and a third. He has only placed on soft or heavy ground. He might run well at a price.

Thanks
    Have backed If in Doubt Rob, and also at evens in a match bet with River Maigue, who has been disappointing and would be a far bigger price if trained by a smaller yard.

Thanks
    OSCAR HILL 2.15 WETHERBY

Oscar Hill is a different horse in the hood. Five races have seen him record four wins and a second as opposed to 2-21 without the aid. He beat Lancetto last time who has franked the form by winning a 0-140 off 1lb higher. The fifth home has also won. The handicapper has put him up 9lbs but his jockey can claim back 7lbs and he rode a winner for David Bridgwater the other day. He has the beating of Grey Gold on a line through Lancetto. He is yet to win going left handed but has only three races on a left handed track, he was second at Newbury a year ago so he will be okay. He is the only front runner in the race and stays further; he should take this en route to the festival.

Thanks
    Good luck

1.30 Lingfield-Bishan Bedi @ 4-1 [Stan James] BOG

Ran better than debut position suggested, and trainer has had two winners from last 3 runners
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    11/01/14 LING 12:55 LUJEANIE 7/1 EW

Has been too keen both times wearing blinkers. Nose bled LTO after doing best of the pair setting the strong pace. This CD is ideal. Down to 69 now, with the pieces re-applied. Jock knows horse well. Draw isn't great though, hence the EW security. A late and fast run is what I'm hoping for. Haadeeth will hopefully pester Rise To Glory enough for the pace to be good.

Monsier Royale rates a danger as showed a liking for the course LTO (Lujeanie was in race). Hard to know if it'll get the better of Lujeanie over this extra furlong with a 1lb swing + 3lb claim. However, I think Lujeanie will enjoy this CD a bit more with the blinkers off and the pieces back on.

EDIT - I've snatched the 7's, but 13/2 still available with 365.

I backed this myself Chris from the pub, when it came up on my Nag Me, from it's run at Kempton two runs back at Kempton, when hampered.

The issue I have is the jockey; is record on it is poor, even stripping out the turf runs.

He is the stable jock though and as your on a hot run, I will let it ride.

Good luck.

marbler
    Well done with The Big Dog CP

You'll have to excuse me not very well today.

But I fancy Relax in the 3:15. Relaxing is something I always struggle to do, but this one looks like a good thing to me. Only real danger I fear is The McManus horse which I can't think of how to pronounce, Nadya something...

I also want to suggest Victors Serenade as a good left field bet in Warwicks 3:35, again feel frail today so haven't the energy to expand a lot.

Elsewhere I hope Champion Court can put himself in the Ryaniar frame by winning today at Kempton, Deep Trouble has to go close in my book in the final race, and IF IN Doubt would get my tentative vote in the Lanzerote, though Foxclub also looked a big price for the ew saver.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by marbler; 11th January 2014 at 1:47 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post

Elsewhere I hope Champion Court can put himself in the Ryaniar frame by winning today at Kempton

Good luck everyone.
    I think Captain Chris is a bit of a good thing and 2/1 is excessive. Twinlight is unlikely to stay and Champion Court will struggle to confirm Huntingdon form considering Chris looked a bit burly that day and will strip fitter now.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Managed to get a bit of the 4/1 still available on Sew On Target (1:55 Warwick). Has been racing in slightly better class than this one, and going and distance should pose no problems. Fair chance.
    Last edited by Bolero; 11th January 2014 at 1:33 PM.

Thanks
    VAGNER 4.05 WARWICK
    Vagner is a half brother to Up To Something who won all three of his bumpers and won a couple of hurdles off 130,he is now running in graded chases off 140. He is from the same family as Taquin De Seuil. Tom George has sent three bumper winners out this season and this one could potentially be smart.