Page 443 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 343393433438439440441442443444445446447448453493543943 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

marbler
    Lapis Blue is the last horse I'm backing today in 4:10 at Wolvers... to hopefully come out nicely still in profit . Much as I was fuming on Saturday about a ride given to an Evans horse... I can't pretend I don't have a good feeling about this one (all things considered). Poor race though and my stake will reflect that. See what happens I suppose.
    Last edited by marbler; 6th January 2014 at 4:41 PM.

Thanks
    Lapis Blue is the last horse I'm backing today in 4:10 at Wolvers... to hopefully come out nicely still in profit . Much as I was fuming on Saturday about a ride given to an Evans horse... I can't pretend I don't have a good feeling about this one (all things considered). Poor race though and my stake will reflect that. See what happens I suppose.

Well done Marble.

CPGagie
    Great shout, Marble.

I've looked again, and still have no idea why you picked it, but well done.

Thanks
    I've looked again, and still have no idea why you picked it, but well done

Chris, where have been ????

It's the famous Evans on a Monday system.

Everyone knows about it.

Thanks
    Marble you are a star

CPGagie
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    Everyone knows about it.
    Good Evans

Thanks
    Good Evans

That will keep you busy.

Not sure why Choice Of Destiny is top weight here, even thoughi it's a weak race, as it looks the worst horse in the field.

However, the jockey has won 3/7 for stable on 2/3 horses on his first ride.

Worth an interest at double figs just on jock booking or total dao ?

Thanks
    Didn't run too badly really as she pulled hard early and taken back from the front to last, then looked to have a chance after the turn, but faded 1f out.

On a separate issue, I thought Gosden was no longer running anything at Wolver ?

Thanks
    Anyone else see MILO MAN 12.45 Leicester, and EXCEL BEST 1.35 SOUTHWELL being good things on tuesday? Short prices...

marbler
    What Happening gets my vote at Leicester. The second behind Easter Day on his first start in England looks good now. I don't know what went on last time, i don't really care because the odds of reward outweigh the risk that it happens again. I'll feel more positive if it shortens and is supported in the betting as opposed to seeing it drift though.
    Last edited by marbler; 6th January 2014 at 11:43 PM.

marbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Colzoss View Post
    Marble you are a star
    Nice Colzoss. I see you are a newbie
    Last edited by marbler; 7th January 2014 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Nice Colzoss. I see you are a newbie
    Well an oldie from neigh.
    Been most impressed with the tipping on he
    re since I found the site I must say

Thanks
    Nothing from me today apart from a throwaway on The Botanist in the 3.45.

Stoute run it from 8-10f, Toby Coles 10-12F, the Bradley as usual had it sprinting.

I'm clueless what it's trip is now, but Shaun Harris has taken it over and stepped it up from 5f to 11f on it's stable debut at Southwell and beaten 24 lths into 9th of 13.

That run was off a 14 month break and that race produced a winner yesterday, who actually finished a further 6 lths behind The Botanist, when stepping up in trip.

No total surprise to see The Botonist improve for step down to 8f, although it's a total leap of faith in dealing with a 47 rated dog.

CPGagie
    I've got nothing either. I'm actually quite happy about it. It only took a few minutes to realise it's not worth digging any further.

Plenty of time to look at tomorrows decs.

marbler
    I applaud that approach Chris, an awfully difficult day to find anything.
    Last edited by marbler; 7th January 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Stunning Marble

Thanks
    Iv'e not backed anything yet but Medam looks like a drifter, so I'm considering backing it, with a saver on Danceforgeorgie who looks capable of this mark and should go on p/t.

Grerat shout again Doomster

Thanks
    MARCIANO 2.10 SOUTHWELL

There is plenty of pace on in this race with Arabian Flight, Sam Spade and Strong Man all liking to lead and with Piceno and Kung Hei Fat Choi liking to race prominently it should be set up for a closer. Marciano won on soft ground at Chantilly in June before moving to Alan Brown. Brown has done a brilliant job getting the horse to settle and his sixth to Decisiontofollow last time has been franked with the third winning and the sixth, Powerful Pierre winning twice. That was over an unsuitable 6f. The time before over 7f, he was fourth to Eastern Dragon, the second has since won twice, the latest off 7lbs higher and the third has won too. He should pick this lot off in the straight.

SANTO THOMAS 3.30 LEICESTER
    Santo Thomas is highly rated by the ratings and he definitely looks one to be interested in today. He won off this mark in May 2012 before being absent for over a year. The second and third in that event both won on their next outing. He has had two comeback runs, but his second to Act Of Kalanisi last time in a 0-125 looks strong with that horse winning again by 8ls off 7lbs higher. He was 7ls clear of the third and 32l clear of the fourth. Down to 0-110 off the same mark he should take a great deal of beating.

Toowoomba is Richard Johnson’s only ride of the day and the thrice raced maiden makes his handicap debut. Johnson and Hobbs are 2-26 at Leicester though they did win with their last runner. Toowoomba was beaten 14ls by 107 rated My Guardian Angel in a maiden hurdle last time and races off 105 on his handicap debut. Hobbs is 17-162 with maidens making their debut in a handicap and it is two years since he saddled a winner, 0-24. Johnson is 7-75 on the handicap debutantes and it is three years since he rode a winner of this kind for the yard.

Kilflora comes from the in form Claire Dyson yard and he won a 0-120 on Boxing Day off 105. That was just his fourth start for Claire so she has clearly improved him as that was his first win for two years. He is only up 2lbs for that effort and if the cheekpieces work again he should run well. Though he has won on soft ground he is 0-8 on heavy and has struggled to get through it in the past.

Vedani is 0-6, never placed over 16f and has never placed in four runs on heavy ground.

Kayfton Pete has placed five times over 16f but he is 0-17 over 16f-16.5f. He is 0-21 in class 4 and 0-5 on soft, never run on heavy.

Scotsbrook Legend is a ten race maiden and the mare has placed once, two runs back when a 2l third in a 0-105. She probably would have won her race before that but for falling at the last, the handicapper thought so as he put her up 6lbs. She has been off over a year. Lycett is 4-34 with horses returning after more than a year off. It was 2010 when the last one went in but only eight have run since and three of them have reached the frame.

Dealing River hasn’t won for over two years and has his fifth start for Caroline Bailey. Both his wins were on good to firm. He was an 8l third off 121 in August 2012 and is undoubtably well handicapped. He is 0-5 on good to soft or soft and has never raced on heavy.

Conclusion: Philip Hobbs won this race with Thunderstorm last year but he was coming into the race off the back of a win. Toowoomba will be well fancied to make a winning start in handicaps but he is up against what could be a well handicapped rival in Santo Thomas. His second to Act Of Kalanisi is probably the best form on offer here. Kilflora is the only recognised front runner in the field and on what will be awful ground Santo Thomas can track the pace and have most of these in trouble as he stays further.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Not sure of the significance ( if any ) of Freddie Mitchell riding over hurdles in the 12.40pm at Doncaster, then on the AW in the 7.10pm at Kempton tomorrow.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

CPGagie
    Gone with the two 6F races at Lingfield today.

LING 12:30 SHAMARDYH 3/1+
    Ran a decent race behind Royal Birth LTO who was different class, and the shorter trip probably wasn't ideal either. Would have gone really close (or won) if not for clipping heels the time before, and that race has worked out quite well since.

LING 3:10 SMOKETHATTHUNDERS 3/1+
    Looks likely to have improved past SEEK THE FAIR LAND after a good clocking LTO. Looks progressive on poly, and the poor Kemp run can be excused. The Jock stats for the yards older horses isn't great, but he knows the horse well enough. The price isn't great though. Bajan Bear shouldn't be too far away either, but suspect will struggle to get the better of Smokethatthunders having watched the LTO replay again.

My original/main bet is an EW double, but have also had singles on them to half stakes.