Page 387 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 287337377382383384385386387388389390391392397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    TOTO SKYLLACHY 5.10 PONTEFRACT

Toto Skyllachy was beaten some 14ls in a 0-90 last time and 15ls in a 0-85 the time before which could mean he has had enough for the season. However, he was beaten just 1.3lsin a 0-85 carrying 9-10 on his third last run that gives him a leading chance here. He run a cracker that day as he reared as the stalls opened and still managed to poke his head in front in the final furlong only to get mugged close home. The winner of that race Swiftly Done has come out and run a cracker in a 0-95 the other day beaten about 2ls off 5lbs higher. Six of Toto Skyllachy’s eight wins have come on a stiff track. Danny Tudhope’s record on him reads; 6124253323611039. When racing in class 4 that improves to 12221139. On a stiff track it improves again to; 12211.

Headline News is the likely jolly after winning a 0-80 last time. She is up to 0-85 and carries 2lbs more physical weight off a 10lbs higher mark. She is now 14lbs higher than her win at Leicester in a 0-75 but she is clearly thriving at present. The stable have gone 15 runners without a winner over the last 18 days and Rae Guest is 0-9 in handicaps at Pontefract.

Artful Prince has gone from 48 to 76 in the last three months. He was beaten 10ls in a 0-75 last time. He was headed at the 2f marker so the drop back to 10f will be in his favour, 3-4 over 10f. However, he is 7lbs higher than he was for his last win in class 6, he is drawn on the M62 and James Given is 1-28 in the last month. Artful Prince is yet to race in this class.

Arc Light won over course and distance in July in a 0-75 off 70 and will be of interest off 1lb higher carrying 8lbs less weight. However, he is 0-6 in 0-85 never placing.

Asgardella won her debut maiden on good to firm last year and has now gone ten races without troubling the judge. She ran ok in a 0-85 last time off 79 to suggest this might be within her range off 3lbs lower and 4lbs less physical weight. She has never placed in three races over 10f though being by Duke Of Marmalade she should stay. I’m not sure his progeny relish cut nor do they like stiff tracks, 4-96.

Musnad looks like he is having a sharpener before embarking on a novice chase campaign. He is 1-23 on the flat, the win off 71 at Musselburgh last year. Musnad is 0-8, never placing after a break off 30 days or more and is 0-4 on soft ground, never placing. He is 0-6 on a stiff track. De Sousa looks a significant booking with a 27% strike for the yard.

Life And Times is an unexposed Mark Johnston 5yo who must have had problems judging by the amount of runs he has had. He could improve for the step up to 10f but breeding suggests this distance is right on the limit of his stamina.
    San Cassiano is 0-6 on good to soft or slower and 1-19 going left handed. He has raced off 80 six times this season and unplaced in them all.

Hydrant is 0-8 in 0-85.

Venutius is still finding his way at Phil Kirby’s and will improve in time. He is 0-12 on undulating tracks.

Conclusion: Silvestre De Sousa is 12-31 at Pontefract this season and he has 7 rides today. Musnad could run well under his guidance but I prefer the chance of Toto Skyllachy who is tactically adept and is a big price here considering the opposition. He won over 0.5f shorter at Carlisle in a claimer earlier in the summer so he should stay this 10f and the ground won’t bother him. He is very well handicapped and has won in this grade and he should repay each way support.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Stamp View Post
    I've had a small bet E/W on Badb Catha @ 33/1 in the 14:50 Plumpton. This is a ridiculously bad race with Badb Catha being an ex-pointer who clearly didn't stay three miles between the flags. Her best outing for Sheila Crowe came when she was still up there prior to falling 4 out in a maiden at Whitwick Manor won by an improving horse who ran well behind Harbour Court at Cheltenham (irrelevant form here mind) - that came on soft ground and this daughter of Flemensfirth has yet to encounter anything softer than good in her career so far and as such effectively makes her handicap debut here off a mark of 71 with Freddie Tett in the saddle. Given who trains the horse the chances are she isn't fit but in a race as bad as this dropping markedly in trip she's worth a bash.

Martin

Has had a breathing operation since her last run and she did run her best race after a break last year.

Thanks
    2.20 Long Lunch
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    3.50 Barlow

4.20 Ballyculla
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Good stuff with Long Lunch SC
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMRob View Post
    Has had a breathing operation since her last run and she did run her best race after a break last year.
    Cheers MLMRob - hope the wind-op has worked but really don't like backing horses with dodgy wind on soft ground.

CPGagie
    Straight in with a nice little winner there, SC, well done.

I know next to nothing about NH racing, but devised a little system based on course winners that kept me amused a few years ago. Todays only selection would have been Upton Mead in the 2:50. I'll start a separate thread for them as I'll not be backing them, and hope it finishes second to Badb Catha instead. More than halved in price I notice.

Good luck with the others.

Thanks
    Roger Curtis looked surprised when told there has been a minor morning nibble for outsider Badb Catha, but he says all of his are on their way back to form after suffering a herpes virus.
    He fears she might not get home, however.
    By the way, she now carries mauve and green colours
    By Graham Dench, live from Plumpton 5 mins ago

Thanks
    Thanks Doomster - she can't get any lower in the weights and still run so would be hoping they'd be having a bash today.

Banned
    Thanks
    5.00 Windsor

A lot of pace on here which will suit last years 2nd in this race..Shawkantango..races off 1b lower mark than last year..15.0 at the moment

Thanks
    1 Collodi 16/1
    2 Uncle Dermot 5/2F
    3 Admirable Art 7/2

Curtis's next runner wins @ 16/1.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    1 Collodi 16/1
    2 Uncle Dermot 5/2F
    3 Admirable Art 7/2

Curtis's next runner wins @ 16/1.
    romney marsh in the 5.20 is other runner

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMRob View Post
    TOTO SKYLLACHY 5.10 PONTEFRACT

Toto Skyllachy was beaten some 14ls in a 0-90 last time and 15ls in a 0-85 the time before which could mean he has had enough for the season. However, he was beaten just 1.3lsin a 0-85 carrying 9-10 on his third last run that gives him a leading chance here. He run a cracker that day as he reared as the stalls opened and still managed to poke his head in front in the final furlong only to get mugged close home. The winner of that race Swiftly Done has come out and run a cracker in a 0-95 the other day beaten about 2ls off 5lbs higher. Six of Toto Skyllachy’s eight wins have come on a stiff track. Danny Tudhope’s record on him reads; 6124253323611039. When racing in class 4 that improves to 12221139. On a stiff track it improves again to; 12211.

Headline News is the likely jolly after winning a 0-80 last time. She is up to 0-85 and carries 2lbs more physical weight off a 10lbs higher mark. She is now 14lbs higher than her win at Leicester in a 0-75 but she is clearly thriving at present. The stable have gone 15 runners without a winner over the last 18 days and Rae Guest is 0-9 in handicaps at Pontefract.

Artful Prince has gone from 48 to 76 in the last three months. He was beaten 10ls in a 0-75 last time. He was headed at the 2f marker so the drop back to 10f will be in his favour, 3-4 over 10f. However, he is 7lbs higher than he was for his last win in class 6, he is drawn on the M62 and James Given is 1-28 in the last month. Artful Prince is yet to race in this class.

Arc Light won over course and distance in July in a 0-75 off 70 and will be of interest off 1lb higher carrying 8lbs less weight. However, he is 0-6 in 0-85 never placing.

Asgardella won her debut maiden on good to firm last year and has now gone ten races without troubling the judge. She ran ok in a 0-85 last time off 79 to suggest this might be within her range off 3lbs lower and 4lbs less physical weight. She has never placed in three races over 10f though being by Duke Of Marmalade she should stay. I’m not sure his progeny relish cut nor do they like stiff tracks, 4-96.

Musnad looks like he is having a sharpener before embarking on a novice chase campaign. He is 1-23 on the flat, the win off 71 at Musselburgh last year. Musnad is 0-8, never placing after a break off 30 days or more and is 0-4 on soft ground, never placing. He is 0-6 on a stiff track. De Sousa looks a significant booking with a 27% strike for the yard.

Life And Times is an unexposed Mark Johnston 5yo who must have had problems judging by the amount of runs he has had. He could improve for the step up to 10f but breeding suggests this distance is right on the limit of his stamina.
    San Cassiano is 0-6 on good to soft or slower and 1-19 going left handed. He has raced off 80 six times this season and unplaced in them all.

Hydrant is 0-8 in 0-85.

Venutius is still finding his way at Phil Kirby’s and will improve in time. He is 0-12 on undulating tracks.

Conclusion: Silvestre De Sousa is 12-31 at Pontefract this season and he has 7 rides today. Musnad could run well under his guidance but I prefer the chance of Toto Skyllachy who is tactically adept and is a big price here considering the opposition. He won over 0.5f shorter at Carlisle in a claimer earlier in the summer so he should stay this 10f and the ground won’t bother him. He is very well handicapped and has won in this grade and he should repay each way support.
    Impressively thorough reasoning MLMRob. It's my kind of price so I'm following you in.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 21st October 2013 at 4:32 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CPGagie View Post
    Straight in with a nice little winner there, SC, well done.

I know next to nothing about NH racing, but devised a little system based on course winners that kept me amused a few years ago. Todays only selection would have been Upton Mead in the 2:50. I'll start a separate thread for them as I'll not be backing them, and hope it finishes second to Badb Catha instead. More than halved in price I notice.

Good luck with the others.
    I hope you dutched them

CPGagie
    hEARTSONG HAS BEEN OUTCLASSED, AND IS NOW OFF 70, WITH YARD NTOP FORM?

CPGagie
    Stupid Caps. They were probably off and running when I posted anyway.

Thanks
    5.00 Windsor

A lot of pace on here which will suit last years 2nd in this race..Shawkantango..races off 1b lower mark than last year..15.0 at the moment
    Today 2:45 PM
    I got the race completely wrong and won money. I was certain they would go far side.

Banned
    Thanks
    on this ground Urban Space has a squeak in the 5.30 at 23 ish
    Last edited by EC1; 21st October 2013 at 5:22 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolero View Post
    Had a bit e/w at 20/1 on Hopatina in the 17:20 at Plumpton. The mare has not been out for 247-days but, if fit, could go well and will relish the soft-ground conditions

Thanks
    Gee whiz, last to first, take the missus out tonight! (Cheers SC!).