Page 13 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    I reckon today's trip is likely to be Maqaasid's optimum and she has a good draw as well. I'd have had her favourite for the Oak Tree. Harbour Watch is a lay in the Richmond and I like Goldoni in the nursery and Neebras in the mile conditions race. Like the look of Federation at Thirsk also.

Thanks
    I'm unable to resist nurseries and Tina's Spirit looks an enormous price to me in the 4.55 at Goodwood although I'll have a saver on Apostle.

Tortoni has a good chance in the first at Hamilton tonight.

Thanks

Playtime again.

Goodwood:

2.05 Yer Woman
    2.35 Woolfall Treasure
    3.45 Evens And Odds

might try a patent here ...

Thanks
    Yarmouth 8:40 Ugalla 10/1 e/way 6run- Trainer says: "She was badly hampered L/T/O at the 3f pole just as she was getting ready to make her moveand ran a lot better than the form might suggest. I have been happy with her since and I am looking for a big run at Yarmouth on Wednesday as I feel the long straight will give her time to get organised."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pontefract 4:10 Chosen One 11/1 & King Of Swords 12/1 e/way each and a r/f/c - both finished 3rd & 1st in this race last year and both have a look of horses laid out for the race.
    Chosen One is trained by Ruth Carr and the race is named after her Grandads famous h'capper Chaplin's Club. Ruth would have been learning her trade at the yard when this horse was running before she took over the reigns from her grandad David Chapman. This is only her second runner in this race which must hold some sentimental value, Chosen One was 3rd last year and is off a 4lb lower mark this time around.
    King Of Swords is going for the hatrick having won in 2010 & 2009 off 10lb & 9lb higher marks if you include the 3lb claim from the jockey and looks as if this has been the seasons target. Both trainers are in good form and both horses have a draw close to the rail which is essential at this track.
    I expect Mr Wolf to make the running then both my selections to pounce at the furlong mark and fight it out. I would not be surprised to see the odds tumble on these selections closer to the off.
    Last edited by swedish chef; 3rd August 2011 at 1:13 PM.

Thanks
    Chef...liking the angle on the 4.10 race. The info other than the obvious can often make the difference...I'm on the RFC and have stuck with Chosen One...here's hoping

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Chef...liking the angle on the 4.10 race. The info other than the obvious can often make the difference...I'm on the RFC and have stuck with Chosen One...here's hoping
    King of Swords a non-runner and Chosen One pipped at the post in the last couple of strides

Thanks
    Chef...well done on Chosen One. I thought we were home and hosed only for Comptonspirit's withering late run down the outside. Still got the place money but nice spot!

Thanks
    I like the look of Jouster in the 6:20 at Sligo - well drawn and running style will suit - similar profile to Dodging Bullets which got me out of jail in Galway -
    16/1 freely available - decent EW chance.
    Do not mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance nor my kindness for weakness.

Gearoid
    Ssshhhhh but any money off the show for Nancy Meehan (Sligo 5.50) should be noted as a positive.

Thanks
    Chosen One is trained by Ruth Carr and the race is named after her Grandads famous h'capper Chaplin's Club. Ruth would have been learning her trade at the yard when this horse was running before she took over the reigns from her grandad David Chapman. This is only her second runner in this race which must hold some sentimental value, Chosen One was 3rd last year and is off a 4lb lower mark this time around.

I very nearly bought this SC. The club not the horse. When funds were much better. Then followed the horse for a load of winning races

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy Owen View Post

I very nearly bought this SC. The club not the horse. When funds were much better. Then followed the horse for a load of winning races
    I followed it as well after about his 3rd win Roddy and I think it won 10-11 races that season and from memory I don't remember it going off odds-on in any of the races it won. It seemed to be running twice a week as well. Great season for the horse and they retired him on a win a couple of seasons later I think.

Thanks
    Have only glanced over the form for Sligo but I can see WP Mullins having possibly 3/4 winners there this evening. Stable is in form and he wouldn't be travelling a long way west for the scenery!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Have only glanced over the form for Sligo but I can see WP Mullins having possibly 3/4 winners there this evening. Stable is in form and he wouldn't be travelling a long way west for the scenery!
    I think you could well be right trefflich, I've just gone over the jumps results of this 2 day meeting for the last 5 years and Willie Mullins has only sent two runners to the meeting in that time. Both won at 9/4f by 12L & 2/1f BY 18L - think I'll join you on this one.

Thanks
    I'm having a go at Seattle Drive at Haydock this afternoon. He's well-in on his early two-year-old form and his most recent run at Ascot was encouraging, suggesting he might be on his way back.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Looks a fiendish punting card at Leopardstown tonight.

In the fillies handicap I'm not entirely sure many of them will prove suited to the trip (I would be pretty sweet on Dotada over 7f and Strandfield Lady over 10f). I've had a speculative punt on Blackwitch Woman at 20's in the hope that she may get an easy lead from a plum draw.

Thanks
    I have backed sister steve in the 6.40 at Sligo and then at leop Bangalore prince, well overpriced, forget the last run, sumostars in the 7.25 and king of Arab later on. Individual bets and ew lucky 15
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    Not too much of interest. Have backed Burj Nahar 2.15 and La Zamora 3.55 (ew singles and double).

Thanks
    In the opener, Acapulco Gold looks interesting. Form from the French provinces tends to pass under the radar, but his looks decent, and he sold for 85k last November. Bet365's 20/1 (they are going one quarter the odds for a place) looks very fair.
    I fancied this fellow in a maiden hurdle at Galway which turned out to be much too hot, but I'm going to give him another chance tonight in an easier looking race at Ballinrobe. The 12/1 with Bet365 has just gone, but 10s might still be interesting.

Thanks
    Good man well done.

Thanks
    Psycho has been a nightmare for me over the years, and backing Tony Martin drifters probably isn't clever, but he has to be worth a bet at nearly 9/4.