Page 1072 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 7257297210221062106710681069107010711072107310741075107610771082 ... LastLast
Results 21,421 to 21,440 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    That handicap hurdle at 1.08 screams no bet given there will be loads of non-tries, but the one I can’t help to be drawn to is Shattered Love.

With the excellent Gavin Brouder taking 7lbs off she gets in effectively off 129. And while she hasn’t been seen over hurdles for a long time that’s a massive pull from her chase rating of 152. Add to that Gigi and Gordon are bossing the handicap with Cracking Smart, she and Tot est Permis both jump off the page.

The Bosses Oscar probably want to be winning this today too though as he might need a few pounds before finishing a staying in 6th in a Pertmemps qualifier. I may perm the three of them in the exactas and trifecta with one of Willie’s.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    money for Tout Est Permis and At The Acorn in the 1.08 Navan. TEP opened at 25/1 and ATA opened at 40/1. Both 11/2 and 14/1 respectively now.

Looks an absolute shambles to bet on. I fancied JPs De Name Escapes Me to be a trier in a none triers race. Won nicely recently on the flat before returning here. The Bosses Oscar should run well, but looks horrific to bet on this race.

In the race with Mister Coffee, Benson has some money coming in. Think he’s the horse who refused when running a race behind Call Me Lord, was a huge price. Won its last 2 with more in hand then the jockey let on I think. Should find Mister Coffee too good for him though.
    TDP is a stupid price. That's a deep race but The Bosses Oscar will take beating. At The Acorn could win if it wants to and the same applies to Shattered Love.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post

The Bosses Oscar probably want to be winning this today too though as he might need a few pounds before finishing a staying in 6th in a Pertmemps qualifier.

Heard there was live money for the Pertemps during the week so 2+2=
    Last edited by Slim; 5th December 2020 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    Blue since the market opened alongside Tout est Permis. Both trying for the same reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    Blue since the market opened alongside Tout est Permis. Both trying for the same reason.
    The owners of TBO sponsor the race and this has been laid out for it.

Thanks
    Nico on four favourites tomorrow, 3 of them odds on, the other stupidly short. How many does he get beat?
    All of them is the answer

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Well done Kateson backers.

Another super ride from Scu. Never gave up, either him or the horse.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I have a tracker horse running tomorrow and have decided to back it even though it is favourite in a big field.

I noted The Bosses Oscar as being very unlucky at the festival and was probably a plot that didn't go to plan. I've no idea if he's trying here but there seems to be some money for him so he might be.

11/2 is not really my kind of price to be backing half-blind (since I haven't studied the race) but if he was up to winning a festival handicap he's probably up to winning any handicap.
    Smashed the SP but the jockey was stupidly over-confident to the point that during the second mile I thought I was on a non-trier.

The winner was deeply impressive, though.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 5th December 2020 at 2:17 PM.

Thanks
    With the Hendo horses bombing I've decided Frodon only has Native River to beat today. Dutching them works out at 4/6 which, if I were a professional, would appeal but I've decided to gamble on Frodon.

Thanks
    Frodon for me too with race fitness on his side. Not convinced about the Tizzard stable for either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sunday

Kelso 3:20

Iwilldoit - This won nicely the last day on first start over fences. Also has some decent hurdles form over hurdles. I don't think the 7lb rise is anything to worry about and Iwilldoit is chucked in tomorrow when possibly extremely well treated in the handicap.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th December 2020 at 8:46 PM.

Thanks
    Safe to say Might Bite isn't one for the National fences.

Thanks
    Hope that’s the last we see of Might Bite. That Gold Cup absolutely bottomed him. The horse that turned up in the RSA would have lapped this lot.

Shame.

Thanks
    Sad to see a once-great horse like Might Bite perform so poorly.

The strange thing for me is that he was given the same kind of ride as in the festival Cross-Cuntry, starting off well in rear and not being asked a question. It wasn't as if he was up there with pace and blundering his way to the back.

He jumped the fences like they were double-decker buses.

Puissance next?

Thanks
    As I said earlier, I'm a fan of NdB but backers of Mister Coffey should rightly be fizzing with him for that ride, to add to the other 'disappointing' ones on other hotpots today.

Mister Coffey was one of two against the field I'd identified yesterday but by the time I checked the betting last night it was something like 2/1, which put me right off. The way Nico rode it today was either inept or designed not to win because people close to the horse wanted a price and didn't get it. I don't usually set too much score by that kind of thinking in ordinary races but when there's nearly £23k on offer it's less likely a bet will be a factor.

Still, there's the £100k (as was) Ascot handicap later in the month and I wouldn't be surprised if Mister Coffey is ridden much less negatively there.

I need to watch the race again. I thought beforehand that Solo was possibly being plotted for the Betfair Hurdle in February given that Nicholls has already says he rates the horse more highly than Pic D'Orhy and Solo travelled really sweetly for a long way today. If they can get him to Newbury off a similar mark as PDO he could well win it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Hope that’s the last we see of Might Bite. That Gold Cup absolutely bottomed him. The horse that turned up in the RSA would have lapped this lot.

Shame.
    Cant see where they can go with him now. I can see why they took this route but he clearly didn’t enjoy it. He was always a quirky horse (his sire probably a contributory factor) but you’re absolutely right that he never got over the Gold Cup run. Some horses have good memories and won’t want to go through the pain barrier again. That’s one of the reasons I agree with Hendo taking Altior out today. My own horse who is an ex Flat horse, I turned into a really good hunter. Considering the very steep hills we have here and he was a sprinter, he adapted brilliantly and he really loved it. However three years ago, he suffered a horrendous accident on the road after hunting one day. He broke two ribs and huge lacerations to his stifle and abdomen. He later got gangrene. However due to exceptional care he is still here. And is rideable. I did take him hunting again the following season but he clearly remembers the accident and now gets very stressed. So I have reluctantly retired him. But it shows horses do remember and if they have gone through a hard race that knocks them back, there is a good chance that mentally as well as physically, it will have an effect.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    It’s a very good job I covered Mister Coffey with Benson, Christ almighty. Maybe Mister Coffey just isn’t all that good?

I think the winner is smart, as I posted earlier. Still scope for improvement, and Sheehan was confident a long way out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    As I said earlier, I'm a fan of NdB but backers of Mister Coffey should rightly be fizzing with him for that ride, to add to the other 'disappointing' ones on other hotpots today.

Mister Coffey was one of two against the field I'd identified yesterday but by the time I checked the betting last night it was something like 2/1, which put me right off. The way Nico rode it today was either inept or designed not to win because people close to the horse wanted a price and didn't get it. I don't usually set too much score by that kind of thinking in ordinary races but when there's nearly £23k on offer it's less likely a bet will be a factor.

Still, there's the £100k (as was) Ascot handicap later in the month and I wouldn't be surprised if Mister Coffey is ridden much less negatively there.

I need to watch the race again. I thought beforehand that Solo was possibly being plotted for the Betfair Hurdle in February given that Nicholls has already says he rates the horse more highly than Pic D'Orhy and Solo travelled really sweetly for a long way today. If they can get him to Newbury off a similar mark as PDO he could well win it again.
    Ground. Nico dropped him out as that’s the way to ride him. The ground was very tacky and he was unable to make up the ground. He looked after him. He’s an extremely nice horse. I would be applauding him for looking after him.
    Last edited by jinnyj; 5th December 2020 at 6:37 PM.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Ground. Nico dropped him out as that’s the way to ride him. The ground was very tacky and he was unable to make up the ground. He looked after him. He’s an extremely nice horse. I would be applauding him for looking after him.
    Yes, he went berserk with Nico at Huntingdon and took off with him at such a pace that couldn’t possibly be sustained. Nico has to make sure he doesn’t do that again, hence the dropping out route. There’s been a lot of criticism of Nico but he usually does just what Henderson wants, if he didn’t he wouldn’t last five minutes.
    Last edited by barjon; 5th December 2020 at 6:50 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    Cork 2:30 tomorrow Sayce Gold 5/2 Hills.
    Up in class, but the way it won LTO looked like could definitely handle this step up.
    Shortening across the boards and already as short as 7/4 with some books.
    The 5/2 with Hills should be taken now!