Page 392 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 292342382387388389390391392393394395396397402442492892 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    John Mackies horses running very well at the minute, think his Off the Pulse who has run well here could be worth a little EW bet.

Thanks
    I've backed the Prescott horse. They always lose when I back them.

Thanks
    Unlucky Stew. I backed mine ew and chinned for third too!

Thanks
    Thought he was going to hold on, just caught.

Thanks
    I liked the look of OFF THE PULSE as an 8/1 EW bet in the last at Wolves.
    Ran really well Chris. Traded £600 @1/5.

Good call also SJ.

Thanks
    WOLVER 5.30 Beach Rythym . Win @ 3/1

7/2 on the screen but can't get on.

I thought last night this would be a decent dutch bet with Chesterslittlegem, with my only reservation being the could kill each other pace-wise from stalls 1 &2.

The only other possible dangers were Kai ( decent old form) now a non runner,
    Red Shadow whose chance has improved with the n/r's but still out in 10 and Kashbom; possible but also drawn wide.

As much as i hate seeing a price cut, the withdrawal of Chesterlittlegem is a big bonus for BR. Should now bag the lead with only really Izzy Boy a possible pace threat.

7lb claimer won a similar race last night, which is always good for an in experienced jockey and the fact it's the trainers only horses really does not concern me.

Looks a good bet win or lose.

CPGagie
    I'll look closer at that shortly, Doomster.

WOLV 9:00 ICY BLUE 4/1 EW
    It's paying 1/4 the odds a place, and there are a couple that could maybe surprise in the race, so why not. I picked up on this one last night, when it was 13/2 with Silly Billy running, I think it would have got the better of that one, so a little disappointed to see SB is now a NR.

Has improved for running over this CD, Jock gets on well with horse, Draw fine. Looks to be coming back to form now. Highly likely they'll be really trying today, which is half the battle. This CD is bringing out the best in it, and can probably be a high 60's - low 70 rated rated runner around here, maybe even mid 70's with a bit more poly experience (off 58 today).

Should perhaps have gone for the straight win at 4's, but at 1/4 the odds, I was lured by the safety. Actually, thats a lie, I'm just a wimp.

CPGagie
    I'm going to pass on yours, Doomster and wish you good luck instead. As well as I can balance the race, I see the improved form with the visor on poly, but it might be that it's best over 5F? Thats my main concern, normally the draw would be also, but as you say, likely to lead.

Slight worry from the two wide runners, as you mentioned, but also Sunny Hollow in the first time blinkers, who's yard goes well around here with 3 and 4yo's and the draw is OK. Though it would need to improve a little. Anyway, another slight danger from that one.

My original thought was an EW double with the one I like in the last, but I'm just a tiny bit too worried about the 6F with Beach Rhythm.

You've probably picked the winner, so don't let me put you off. Like I said earlier, I'm just being a wimp, which I usually am when starting the AW season. I didn't used to be, as I'd get too excited about things and tend to over rate anything that looked half OK. I'm probably now too cautious instead.

Thanks
    I looked at that race last night, but a combination of losing my notes, tiredness and red wine, means I really can't recollect much.

I did have Icy Blue at the top and I do like the jockey, but I also thought Warden Bond who has never won off this mark, but forgive last run on going & his previous run through Tatting, would give him a chance with IB. Normally a horse that wins off short intervals was a concern.

I can't touch the stable/owner but Brown Pete also took my eye. Last ran on p/t off 67 and comes here off 59, although my gut tells me he will drop a few more lbs for some attempts in December.

Only two bets for me as I'm out most of the day but I will be cheering IB home. I may even back him to place.

Good luck

Thanks
    Gamble foiled by Wolverhampton stewards
    Fri 25th Oct 2013, 11:57
    .Ex-Irish trained horse Bert Trick was withdrawn from a handicap at Wolverhampton on Thursday evening after intervention by the British Horseracing Authority.
    On-course stewards gave Bert Trick's trainer Frank Sheridan the opportunity to withdraw the gelding 40 minutes before the race and he did so.

Sheridan, who trains at Wolverhampton, took the advice after being told the horse would be under investigation by the BHA.

Bert Trick had been backed off-course throughout the day from 33/1 down to as low as 7/2 prior to his withdrawal.

The horse had gained his handicap rating (50) following three runs in a 16-day spell in August 2011 when trained by Liam McAteer in Co. Meath and had been off the track ever since (797 days).

In those three races he only beat one horse home and coincidently that was in an auction maiden on the all-weather at Dundalk when his price shortened from 100/1 in the morning to an SP of 20/1.

Naughty naughty...

Thanks
    Our Gabriel 1.40 Donny could be overpriced 12/1ew recently lost the crown Jewels worth a stab

Thanks
    Newbury 4.40 No Such Number 5pts e/way

No Such Number goes to Newbury on Friday for the finale of the apprentice riders' 'Hands and Heels' series. Our apprentice Shelley Birkett has already won the title after a couple of wins in other races throughout the year but she will be riding for us still and has to collect her prize of a brand new mechanical horse to practice riding a finish on. Number could end the series on a high for her though as he is in top form and ran another solid race at Goodwood last time. He's finding winning a bit difficult at present as he is so consistent the handicapper doesn't drop him but the step up to two miles could eek out a bit more improvement in him.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baldeagle View Post
    Our Gabriel 1.40 Donny could be overpriced 12/1ew recently lost the crown Jewels worth a stab
    AH not a bad start to the week-end 2nd @ 9s to a nice looking sort

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    WOLVER 5.30 Beach Rythym . Win @ 3/1

7/2 on the screen but can't get on.

I thought last night this would be a decent dutch bet with Chesterslittlegem, with my only reservation being the could kill each other pace-wise from stalls 1 &2.

The only other possible dangers were Kai ( decent old form) now a non runner,
    Red Shadow whose chance has improved with the n/r's but still out in 10 and Kashbom; possible but also drawn wide.

As much as i hate seeing a price cut, the withdrawal of Chesterlittlegem is a big bonus for BR. Should now bag the lead with only really Izzy Boy a possible pace threat.

7lb claimer won a similar race last night, which is always good for an in experienced jockey and the fact it's the trainers only horses really does not concern me.

Looks a good bet win or lose.
    this looks a strong bet Doomster..i think its at least a 60 horse..wasn't stopping in a decent race for class last time ...technically if true ability was shown with its current OHR it wouldn't be allowed to even be in the race..should take this comfy..especially when you consider the 2nd fav is poorly drawn

Banned
    Thanks
    didn't stay Doomster,..Chris was right

Banned
    Thanks
    6.00 Stoney Quinn meets nothing like she faced last time here and is ahead of these even without the allowance .. gets that fillies allowance is just a bonus...only a niggle about the draw stops her being an odds on shot imo..trades about 9/4..medium bet for me on this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    6.00 Stoney Quinn meets nothing like she faced last time here and is ahead of these even without the allowance .. gets that fillies allowance is just a bonus...only a niggle about the draw stops her being an odds on shot imo..trades about 9/4..medium bet for me on this
    9/4 taken

Banned
    Thanks
    draw probably cost it...sorry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    draw probably cost it...sorry
    3rd 2nd today

Thanks
    Was looking for a fun bet for a birthday present and the closest I came up with last night was "Happy Anniversary" in the 6.45 Dundalk (well a birthday is an anniversary of sorts...). Having picked it out I saw it ran up a bit of a sequence last year off lowly marks of 59, 60 & 63 before climbing up to 75 where it's firm tailed off. Back tonight off a mark of 60 with what seems a decent enough 7lb claimer on board I see it's been backed into as low as 7/1 from the early 25/1 I took for the birthday bet this morning. I'm hoping it might be a sign that they think it has a chance as even a place would be a nice return for the bet, small rule 4 for couple of NR's but I think it's not without a squeak if back to form.
    Last edited by Steve T; 25th October 2013 at 6:17 PM.