Page 1088 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810831084108510861087108810891090 LastLast
Results 21,741 to 21,760 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    So I don't forget. One for tomorrow.

Down Royal 3.50 Young Dev ran an excellent race when in third place the last day giving weight to the eventual winner, Notice To Close. The winner has actually won three races on the bounce while holding a cheltenham festival entry. Young Dev was staying on near the finish really well that day, so I give him an excellent chance off his handicap chase mark.
    Entered Fairyhouse Saturday.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Falcon Brook 6.40W went off too quick in his first-time pieces 2 ago over 1m, then went too slow from the front of a 4 runner field latest

5/1 B365
    Backed down to 2/1 fav, then proceeds to run like a crab.

Edited to add:
    Given the paucity of runners, I'd suspect stable is under a cloud, and will swerve for the near future.
    Last edited by reet hard; 26th January 2021 at 8:42 PM. Reason: edited to add

Thanks
    Wiley Post 2.25L Was drawn wide in a hot race latest, and was dropped out in rear; showed a real turn of foot to pass the whole field but, as a consequence, had little left for the closing stages. This better draw and sharper track should show him in a better light today.
    11/1 Sky & BF.

Thanks
    I badly want Allaho to win the Kinloch Brae today and win well for my ap portfolio but evens about a horse who's been poor the last twice makes him opposable and even with a penalty Battleoverdoyen is fair at 9/2. The rest of the field scream meh at me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I badly want Allaho to win the Kinloch Brae today and win well for my ap portfolio but evens about a horse who's been poor the last twice makes him opposable and even with a penalty Battleoverdoyen is fair at 9/2. The rest of the field scream meh at me.
    Agreed. He's priced up on his best form, which he's failed to show yet this season.

But in case he does win, this morning could be the last opportunity to avail of what is excellent value in Skybet's Request a Bet offer about Shishkin & Envoi Allen winning the Arkle & Marsh and Al Boum Photo, Allaho and Paisley Park placing in any race.

50/1 about something that is no bigger than 20/1 at best prices and facilitates a combination of win and place only in a straight line acca
    Last edited by wilsonl; 27th January 2021 at 11:25 AM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

viking (27th January 2021)

Thanks
    Done but limited to £5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Done but limited to £5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And now 40/1 when i just looked.

Thanks
    They normally restrict me to plenty but have let me have a fair bit on this
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I must admit, I thought my aching heart would have been soothed to an extent by now byt, alas, it looks like the agony is going to go for a while although obviously I hope I'm wrong.

With an increasingly heavy heart I find myself opposing Celtic (at around 1/9) this evening at home to Hamilton. The current odds - generally around 1/11 the home win - have me wondering if the bookies are paying any attention at all to what's going on up here. Those odds would be expected if we were in any sort of form but we are a pathetic wussy bunch right now, disintegrating in front of the fans' TV screens.

I have no idea how much truth there is in the rumours but they are alarming: indiscipline in Dubai, bullying behind the scenes, players queuing to ask away, etc. Meantime, the fans' perception is that Dermot Desmond is fiddling like Nero at a bonfire ceilidh.

I don't believe that for a minute. I was told a month that two very big (for Celtic) names had been approached. I was told last week that this will be Lennon's last game in charge and that a new boss will be unveiled on Friday (I know the name but will keep it for now in case it doesn't happen), that Lennon's severance package and the new backroom staff were holding up negotiations. I've also since been told cold water has been poured on the move.

Things are clearly dire at the club.

But, we should still be good enough to see off a plucky Hamilton yet we aren't. Other sides recently have showed 'lesser' teams how to beat us. Park a bus at the back, press tightly further up from the start and we'll give up after half an hour, presenting them with set-piece chances in the final hour. Kick everything in sight. The ref will do next to nothing.

There's no way of knowing which of our players are turning up ready for the fight. Jeremie Frimpong looks like being granted his request to leave (to Leverkusen for £11.5m) so probably won't feature here. We have no other reliable right backs. Young Karamoko Dembele has reportedly been trying to negotiate his exit. He wouldn't be a loss as he has failed to build on his promise of his early teenage years. It looks like he just can't handle the physical side of the game up here and referees are in no rush to protect Celtic players in their determination to 'stop the ten' (which is now a bit of a laugh since we're doing a fine job of it by ourselves).

So, I do hope I'm wrong and that we show some real form tonight but I've been hoping that for long enough and it hasn't been happening.

Black days all round and the gloom doesn't look like lifting tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I must admit, I thought my aching heart would have been soothed to an extent by now byt, alas, it looks like the agony is going to go for a while although obviously I hope I'm wrong.

With an increasingly heavy heart I find myself opposing Celtic (at around 1/9) this evening at home to Hamilton. The current odds - generally around 1/11 the home win - have me wondering if the bookies are paying any attention at all to what's going on up here. Those odds would be expected if we were in any sort of form but we are a pathetic wussy bunch right now, disintegrating in front of the fans' TV screens.

I have no idea how much truth there is in the rumours but they are alarming: indiscipline in Dubai, bullying behind the scenes, players queuing to ask away, etc. Meantime, the fans' perception is that Dermot Desmond is fiddling like Nero at a bonfire ceilidh.

I don't believe that for a minute. I was told a month that two very big (for Celtic) names had been approached. I was told last week that this will be Lennon's last game in charge and that a new boss will be unveiled on Friday (I know the name but will keep it for now in case it doesn't happen), that Lennon's severance package and the new backroom staff were holding up negotiations. I've also since been told cold water has been poured on the move.

Things are clearly dire at the club.

But, we should still be good enough to see off a plucky Hamilton yet we aren't. Other sides recently have showed 'lesser' teams how to beat us. Park a bus at the back, press tightly further up from the start and we'll give up after half an hour, presenting them with set-piece chances in the final hour. Kick everything in sight. The ref will do next to nothing.

There's no way of knowing which of our players are turning up ready for the fight. Jeremie Frimpong looks like being granted his request to leave (to Leverkusen for £11.5m) so probably won't feature here. We have no other reliable right backs. Young Karamoko Dembele has reportedly been trying to negotiate his exit. He wouldn't be a loss as he has failed to build on his promise of his early teenage years. It looks like he just can't handle the physical side of the game up here and referees are in no rush to protect Celtic players in their determination to 'stop the ten' (which is now a bit of a laugh since we're doing a fine job of it by ourselves).

So, I do hope I'm wrong and that we show some real form tonight but I've been hoping that for long enough and it hasn't been happening.

Black days all round and the gloom doesn't look like lifting tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Tske good care of Ben Davies from Preston when you sign him. You’ve got some player. Be in Prem when hes done with you.

Gutted he’s leaving us.

Thanks
    Up here so far it's only rumours, DJ.

Thanks
    Up here so far it's only rumours, DJ.
    Done deal mate. Its a case of are you getting him now or in 6 month when his contracts up. Think North End will sign a replacement first

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thyestes Chase at Gowran Park today.

The last time I had the winner was Champagne West I believe.

Dunvegan for me today.
    Last edited by Marb; 28th January 2021 at 8:12 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fakenham, 4.05. Jones Well, dangerously well handicapped for shrewd handler Olly Murphy after some wind surgery.

8/1
    Last edited by Marb; 28th January 2021 at 8:12 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fakenham on, (which given I studied the card I'm pleased about).

Wetherby off.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Thyestes is one of those great Irish handicap chases that I love, but have an incredibly patchy record in.

I backed Brahma Bull earlier in the week, based on his not being given remotely a hard time against Minella Indo at Naas FTO. Fell on his hoop early last time, so hoping today is the day.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    The Thyestes is one of those great Irish handicap chases that I love, but have an incredibly patchy record in.

I backed Brahma Bull earlier in the week, based on his not being given remotely a hard time against Minella Indo at Naas FTO. Fell on his hoop early last time, so hoping today is the day.
    I did my figures for it the other day just in case there was another 'The Jam Man' (a certainty I missed out on earlier in the season) in it. There isn't. However, I did get a wee bit keen on a couple that I expected to be putting on the longshot thread but when I checked the betting I was gobsmacked to see both at single figure odds and no fewer than 16 horses priced at 16/1 or shorter so I decided to hold off for extra places and BOGs.

It's a big race therefore targeted by several for long enough so outlay is conservative.

The three I fancy most are Coko Beach (10/1 in a place the other day, now 15/2 tops), Run Wild Fred (14/1 the other day, now 8/1 tops) and Speak Easy (16/1, now 28s in a place). The first two dutch at about 100/30 so I can let them go as I can't split them.

That just leaves Speak Easy, which I've now backed at 25/1 to six places. Just fun money, mind.

Anything running off 141 or more, ie down as far as Roaring Bull, will risk ruining any hopes for the Grand National as they're likely to be 4-6lbs higher on UK ratings before any hike for winning this or even finishing close. Some of them will be running just to make sure they fulfil the qualifying condition of running in a 3m+ chase this season.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 28th January 2021 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    The three I fancy most are Coko Beach (10/1 in a place the other day, now 15/2 tops), Run Wild Fred (14/1 the other day, now 8/1 tops) and Speak Easy (16/1, now 28s in a place). The first two dutch at about 100/30 so I can let them go as I can't split them.

That just leaves Speak Easy, which I've now backed at 25/1 to six places. Just fun money, mind.
    Fvck it.

At least my figures were good

Thanks
    Red Alert 2.25Ling
    ew 33/1 Hills & B365

Thanks
    Starry Eyes 2.55L
    10/1 (4 places) Hills